Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Pg 67 - Zadra POV Posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: Energylandia (Poland)

Postby larrygator » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:37 pm

Barge84 wrote:Larry, you're so helpful sometimes!

Thad, if you had asked the question I would have responded, "Scroll to the top of the f'n page"
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby medoman » Mon May 04, 2015 3:15 am

I've been having a look at the parks website and there seems to be even more listed for 2015

first theres this , rollercoaster egipt

the layout looks like it would be a spinning coaster but as a separate listing they also have rollercoaster - mexico

"Another roller coaster which will find its place at EnergyLandia in 2015 is the crazy and unpredictable SOMBRERO Mega Spinning Coaster, which is much larger than its cousin, the Viking. The track trajectory and greater acceleration will be the characteristic features of that ride. A trip on that roller coaster will be extremely exciting, since its carriages can turn around at 360˚ to the left or to the right."

that would mean the park would have 3 spinning coasters?? It seems a bit odd unless the concept art is very inaccurate

also listed is Rollercoaster - Formula one (again stated to open in 2015) :

"In 2015 one of the fastest roller coasters in Europe will be recreated. Formula 1 is a challenge for the most courageous. The extremely long track, the speed reaching 100 km/h and the uncountable loops and slopes will make it one of the most exciting rides in your life! The most similar roller coaster called the Blue Fire is located at Europa Park."

The word "recreated" makes me think it may be a blue fire clone and the top speed would be in fitting with that, however looking at the park map there is what appears to be a formula 1 themed coaster with a layout that looks nothing like blue fire, even if it's heavily stylised. Also the map shows the SLC, junoir SLC and family coaster but theres no sign of the egipt or mexico coasters, only the formula 1 one.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon May 04, 2015 5:40 am

I think that the "Formula 1" coaster is the custom Vekoma launched one.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Postby BDG » Mon May 04, 2015 7:20 am

That information is outdated.
Originally, the park was going to build 3 Mack-coasters in 2015. A Youngstar family coaster, a spinning coaster and a Bluefire clone. But they went with Vekoma instead.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby mattnz » Mon May 04, 2015 12:55 pm

A coaster that gets eaten by a dragon can only be a good thing!

Good to see Poland getting a big theme park.
thumb_2014_12_02_0.jpg

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Geauga Dog » Mon May 04, 2015 2:47 pm

Looks like an Orkanen clone though I've read here on TPR that it's a pretty good ride at Farup Sommerland.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon May 04, 2015 4:58 pm

It looks like it's being "eaten" by an Alligator...
...and then "coughed up" by a Sea Serpent, heh. ;)

Yes, without this theming, it definitely has the same layout as Orkanen.

And that was a great coaster in Farup!
I think I rode it over 10 times on the TPR visit last summer.
Which for myself, is a LOT for one coaster, no matter how much I like it.
Resize of IMG_5146.JPG
And UP out of the Sea Serpent's Mouth! (o: Orkanen, at Farup Sommerland, TPR 2014 Scandi Tour.
Resize of IMG_5145a.JPG
Painting you see in the Orkanen queue - and I could very well see some sea monsters poking up around there, hmm? (o;
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Postby BDG » Fri May 22, 2015 4:03 pm

Track and supports for the SLC...

photo: Energylandia

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Sat May 23, 2015 7:59 am

Does anyone know why sometimes (like on battlestar galactica and the stingray thingy) they use "normal" track and on these rides keep using this style?
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat May 23, 2015 12:40 pm

rcjp wrote:Does anyone know why sometimes (like on battlestar galactica and the stingray thingy) they use "normal" track and on these rides keep using this style?

Standard "I'm probably wrong" disclaimer, but the standard suspended looping coaster layout is designed around the centerline of the old-style trains, so they can't just run the exact same layout with the new track (unless by some circumstances the centerlines are the same), they'd have to re-engineer it and the supports needed to hold it up. Since they're still consistently getting orders for suspended looping coasters and boomerangs as they are, there's no need to re-engineer them because the parks are completely fine with what they're getting. They can re-engineer the trains instead, saving resources, time and money.

Because they haven't gotten an order for a custom looping coaster since 1999 (Rock n' Roller Coaster and Xpress don't count) or a custom SLC since 2002 (both at Fantasy Island in the UK), they probably were able to carefully use the time and resources to design the brand-new track, support structure and trains for Battlestar (made from one of each) and the new suspended family coasters. Have you noticed that Battlestar and Vekoma coasters from the late 80s / 90s look like they were made by completely different manufacturers?

Short answer: If it isn't broke, don't fix it.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!