TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many other tagadas appear at European Fairs. The following are the ones I know of located at amusement parks.

Austria - Wiener Prater - Tagada

Greece - Magic Park - Tagada

Israel - Luna Park (Tel Aviv) - Tagada

UAE - Global Village - Tagada Disco

UAE - Sparky's Family Fun Center Khaladiyah - Mini Tagada

Kuwait Hawally Park - Tagada

Chile - Fantasilandia - Tagada

Thailand - Siam Park City - Tagada

Japan - Teine Olympia - Tagada

China - Cultural Palace Amusement Park - Tagada

China - Floraland - Tagada

China - Guang Zhou Space Flight Happiness World - Tagada

China - Nanhu Amusement Park - Tagada

China - People's Park of Nanning - Tagada

China - Shan GriLa Paradise - Tagada

China - Universal Carnival - Tagada

China - Zhongshan Park (Shenzhen) - Tagada

Also, according to one of Martins TRs, it appears that pretty much every park in Argentina has one

Or was it Chile. Not sure. But yeah. South America.

I have to admit, in the interest of time I just went to the Park Index, searched for the word "tagada" and any ride named Tagada came up. Maybe some of the South American ones weren't named Tagada, I'll double check when I can.

The Tagada seems to be one of the world's most popular flat rides yet we don't have any in U.S. What is the ride experience like and is it the fact the ride doesn't have any restraints which makes it a liability issue that prevents it from appearing here due to our sue happy culture?

The Tagada seems to be one of the world's most popular flat rides yet we don't have any in U.S. What is the ride experience like and is it the fact the ride doesn't have any restraints which makes it a liability issue that prevents it from appearing here due to our sue happy culture?

Politics.

Hmm--could be.

Exactly. You would definitely have to sign a waiver to ride it in the states, and even then I am sure people would try to sue. Would be a nightmare to get it insured.

That being said, Tagada's are just ridiculous amounts of fun.

It's funny in Korea they are called dipangs or discopangpangs and are just randomly in basements in towns and cities as an attraction on their own. I've seen a few of them and little 4D simulators that take up a shop of their own. I had no idea there was one even in my little town. They normally are set to music accompanied by a DJ, disco lights, strobe lights and a spot light that will highlight the top part of the ride. The ride stops there on a person and they are interviewed and quizzed and get bounced out of their seat for getting questions wrong (or right, no-one likes a no-it-all.) They always seemed shocked to see a foreigner show up so I get spotlighted often.

img_3666_2.jpg.54f9761ce92c2b9940efa3d59ab66a54.jpg

• 3 years later...
^Only one bad thing, seatbelts

Yeah well... USA! USA!

I rode my first Tagada in Blackpool (TPR UK Tour 2006) in an indoor combo haunt house and ride bldg.

Called Trauma Towers, I remember? No seat belts, and it was pretty wild, although I don't believe they

made it bounce as much as the outdoor ones do. And I had no idea at the time, that this was a Tagada.

And the one I rode in China in Sept.2012, one ride on it was to the tune of "Call Me Maybe"!

That was fun. And "bouncy."

P.S. What has happened to Floraland, lately? There were a couple of coasters being built on land nearby.

An 'extension' of Floraland, wasn't it? Or was that an entirely new park I'm remembering, in China back then?

436013952_ResizeofE-04.jpg.b1b43a3006ffb33415d22acf73e5947e.jpg

The tagada used to be in this bldg. By my second TPR UK visit (2010)

it was gone and the bldg was used for character meets 'n greets.

asia__12_-_days_18-20_-_chengdu_155.jpg.abf2be52c4629a1a7dfec7608c1d3e0f.jpg

The one in China. Floraland. With most of us on the floor of it. Thank you to who took this (I forget, sorry).

2078158004_Resizeof0017_8.jpg.50b789b2fbb16f86f387da01a637e47e.jpg

My shot of everybody, still on the 'circular seat.' Before they "all fall down." (o;

It is not banned. "Banned" means it is specifically prohibited. It is not. No one wanting to take the chance operating one does not make it banned.