Nagashima Spa Land Discussion Thread

P. 39: REAL POV of Hakugei
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Nagashima Spa Land Discussion Thread

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:23 pm

RMC's prove their worth in their ride, not necessarily in their look. I'll admit I totally wrote off Storm Chaser because of how short the airtime hills were and seemingly slow the ride was in videos. Actually riding it was a shockingly different story.

Pay no attention to internet haters. This is going to be a really fun ride in a great coaster park.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:47 pm

Projektion wrote:^ To be honest, I don't feel that it's completely unwarrented, there was a lot of potential for what could have been done to White Cyclone and it feels a little squandered.

Such as?
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:31 pm

PeoplemoverMatt wrote:RMC's prove their worth in their ride, not necessarily in their look. I'll admit I totally wrote off Storm Chaser because of how short the airtime hills were and seemingly slow the ride was in videos. Actually riding it was a shockingly different story.

Pay no attention to internet haters. This is going to be a really fun ride in a great coaster park.

And even if for some reason you hate it, it’s not like the park is short on different flat rides or other types of roller coasters to enjoy.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:15 pm

My thing is most of these folks on the internet will never pony up the time or money to even go to the park to actually experience the ride. Just a bunch of arm chair coaster designers in my opinion . . .
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:26 pm

^ and nevermind the park has several other "destination worthy" attractions anyways (besides the fact that it's in Japan!!).

I mean. . even without the White Cyclone RMC, this park has been on my bucket list for years for this sucker here:

RMC White Cyclone is just icing on cake
Last edited by bert425 on Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:28 pm.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:27 pm

Garet wrote:
And even if for some reason you hate it, it’s not like the park is short on different flat rides or other types of roller coasters to enjoy.

:nina: :nina:
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby pǝʇɹǝʌuı » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:18 pm

bert425 wrote:^ and nevermind the park has several other "destination worthy" attractions anyways (besides the fact that it's in Japan!!).

I mean. . even without the White Cyclone RMC, this park has been on my bucket list for years for this sucker here:

--

RMC White Cyclone is just icing on cake

^This

This park's been on my bucket list for the exact same reason. Being Japanese myself and having lived nearly 6 years of my life there I've been dying to get back to the country anyway. Like has been said, Hakugei is "icing on the cake," an extra credit, and a great addition to the park.

Nagashima's my favorite park that I've yet to go to, and all the haters are just jealous because they'll never get to ride :p

That layout looks insane, too. Looks to be one of the top RMCs. That outerbank on the first turnaround looks :lover: :lover: :lover: . The park did a relatively good job utilizing a lot of the existing support structure, unlike many of the six flags RMCs. No, they didn't go the extra mile and make the lift hill into some sort of record breaker like CP did (or like BGT will), but they did make it a bit taller and ultimately an excellent job with what they had in my opinion.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:55 am

Looks like airtime aplenty on this ride, which is much more than White Cyclone ever had--works for me.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Projektion » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:56 am

A.J. wrote:
Projektion wrote:^ To be honest, I don't feel that it's completely unwarrented, there was a lot of potential for what could have been done to White Cyclone and it feels a little squandered.

Such as?

My problem with Hakugei is just that most of the elements seem so stretched out (The double down after the outward banked wave turn and the overbank being the main examples) compared to the more relentless look of the top RMC's. One of the ones I like to point to for what White Cyclone could have looked like at it's full potential is by CoasterMac305 on YT.

As I said, as much as it could have been better and I expect Hakugei will end up being an upper-mid tier RMC, It will still be one of the better rides out there.

Hakugei is probably going to end up being my first RMC, so all this lowering of expectations on my part could lead it to absolutely blowing me away.
Coasters: 90
Favorite Steel: Taron
Favorite Wood: Balder

My Youtube channel, where I make all sorts of NL2 creations

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:04 am

Even if Hakugei ends up being a mid tier RMC that will still make it one of the best coasters in Japan.

It's just such a different culture and I worry giving them a ride like Steel Vengeance wouldn't have paid off. I'm sure this ride will be great for Japan.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!