The Dania Beach Hurricane is Underrated

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dania beach Hurricane is way underrated, one of the best woodies I've been on. Easily in my top 10 maybe my top 5 depending on which day of the week it is. Right up ther with the Phoenix, Raven, Beast, Texas Giant and Hershey's Wildcat.

I don't want to sound like a bitch here, but -

I do believe that I was the first one here to ride this. I kept raving about it on Westcoaster. Then Robb and Elissa put up a page of pictures, and I immediately emailed Robb, saying, "I don't want to say 'I told you so'...but I told you so."

Gotta love the air from the back!

And, of course, everyone knows how crowded the coaster gets:

5th car, 3rd row, right-hand seat, seat belt as loose as it goes. Even without a one click lap bar, you will simply get launched. You know the homestretch camelbacks? You will literally be standing up in the car. Of course, it gets a bit violent, especially on the double dip going upwards after the first drop, but you will get insane air.

I thought that it was a very good ride, with tons of airtime, and has to be thee smoothest woodie I've ever been on. Unfortunately, it's this unnatural woodie smoothness that keeps it from being a top coaster for me. I just like my favs to have a little bit of roughness to them that's gives them that special spark. Heh, that's just me though. Still it's very good.