Photo TR: 2014 TPR Scandi Trip!

Last Park of the trip: Linnanmaki now on Page 26 (9/22/15)
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Photo TR: 2014 TPR Scandi Trip!

Postby StealthFan » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:20 am

SharkTums wrote:I can't wait for you to have to go through all your Grona Lund photos especially since KT had your camera most of the second day!

She took some amazing photos from what I remember!

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby HAZE » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:00 pm

Sweden has some cool parks.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby Jaykethekid » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:24 am

I'm seriously gonna have to go on one of these international trips someday. Looks super fun

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby The Big Hand » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:42 am

Jakizle wrote:The park is supposed to have a really nice waterpark that is the main draw. It was WAYYY too cold to check it out today!

Umm... No, it wasn't! ;-)
Tube.jpg
Slidey Slide!
Zip.jpg
Zippy Zipline!
I should know
I've looked all over town

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:46 am

^I like how they incorporated that slide with the rock work--much nicer than your standard flume on stilts.

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:51 pm

^^Yeah, that tube chute looks awesome. Reminds me of Schlittebahn. But man you guys are crazy for going in there. I don't think I took my jacket off at all this day!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby azza29 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:01 pm

^Wait... normal people went into the water park too? I thought it was just *one* of our group.

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:29 pm

Update time! Grona Lund :)

After a nice relaxing visit to Skara Sommerland we headed off on the remaining journey over to Stockholm. Even more exciting was the fact that we would be visiting Grona Lund this evening for free time in the park and ERT! Excitement built as we passed the world's largest IKEA on the way and even though rain began to fall, we knew this would not stop our fun at Grona Lund. Due to the rain I didn't take my camera into the park that evening, but included a few iPhone pictures I took and will focus mainly on our day at the park that followed!

WARNING: This update may contain images of naked women that could be considered offensive to some =)
01.JPG
We made a quick luggage drop at our hotel, which was conveniently located directly across the street from the park! This is the view heading down the stairs to the street.
02.JPG
The park presented us all with unique lanyards for the park and different rides (I got Twister) and a pass to get around with :)
03.JPG
Our visit started off with a nice Italian dinner in one of the park's venues.
04.JPG
Owner Mattias welcomes and thanks the group for visiting! His enthusiasm definitely gets you excited to be there.
05.JPG
Heading out into the park, Insane looks super intimidating! We would wait on this one for night ERT though.
06.JPG
We made quick work with the credits thanks to the rain but still 2 trains on every thing! Yup this park is great.
07.JPG
Okay okay, so we finally had our insane night ERT on Insane. Water challenge plus trying to make it flip on purpose is crazy!!!
08.JPG
I had the pleasure to ride with Aussie Steve on the same side, and then park owner Mattias on the other. He wanted to flip a lot with 2 fatties on one side, and guess what, we did! Even more insane is when his son went next and we flipped like 9 times!
09.JPG
ERT was also held over on Twister. 2 trains = unlimited rerides! This is an awesome coaster too.
10.JPG
How about an entire train by myself?
11.JPG
Another train goes screaming by. For such a small footprint and relative size, this coaster packs a hell of a punch.
12.JPG
One last shot of the park at night. Love the look of Jetline's signage.
13.JPG
Fast forward to the next day, and we were invited out to the park well before their scheduled opening. We got to learn a lot about the park. Did you know it started off as a music venue??
14.JPG
I approve other contests held at the park, such as this one about nudity.
15.JPG
Here is a fairly recent shot (but before Twister) that shows how massive crowds come for the concerts.
16.JPG
How appropriate is it that ABBA performed here?
17.JPG
The next exciting event of the morning was the Star Flyer tower climb!
18.JPG
Robb and lucky winner Shawn are about to head up the tower.
19.JPG
It started off with quite a bit of climbing...
20.JPG
Then standing on top of the ride vehicle!
21.JPG
Those not participating enjoyed a nice breakfast and watched in anticipation of what was going to happen!
22.JPG
Finally those on top of the carriage got to ride all the way to the top! Check out the TPR updates for pictures and video of this unique experience. Oh yeah, the donations also benefited GKTW which is awesome!
23.JPG
For those of us not riding to the top, there was also lots of ERT this morning!
24.JPG
The boardwalk area of the park provides a nice view of the Stockholm coast.
25.JPG
But I was here to ride Twister again!
26.JPG
Morning ERT on Twister was much more popular than last night :)
27.JPG
It's crazy how this ride just flies through and over the park.
28.JPG
KT and Derek enjoy a ride! Once again, such a kickass little coaster. Pops of air and intense turns!
29.JPG
Finally Jetline was awaiting our arrival.
30.JPG
Loved how the train goes screaming down the first drop into a tunnel below!
31.JPG
The remainder of the ride is full of really forceful hairpin drops and helixes. No inversions on this one! But just as good as you would expect from an old Schwarzkopf.
32.JPG
The park is also home to one of the most unique wild mice coasters in the world.
33.JPG
I love how it intertwines with Jetline in a really unique layout. Also kudos to the park for letting us skip the line after it not being ready for ERT.
34.JPG
I just love this perspective. Twisty track everywhere!
35.JPG
We explored the park a bit more after the coasters, including the fun house.
36.JPG
This is one of the best ones around, with plenty of slides...
37.JPG
...spinning contraptions of death...
38.JPG
...spinning tunnels...
39.JPG
...and a super awesome speed slide finale!
40.JPG
This slide is hidden in there but you do come out hauling ass! Worth the journey through to try it out.
41.JPG
How about a day time ride on Insane!
42.JPG
This is pretty accurate of how you feel once the ride is over. Such an intense experience. Suck it SFMM.
43.JPG
Artsy logo and lift hill shot.
44.JPG
Seriously how is this version so good? Oh yeah Europe and Grona Lund.
45.JPG
Flipping action!
46.JPG
We each took our own boat on the "tunnel of love" ride.
47.JPG
The scenes were pretty bizarre...but boobs!
48.JPG
Walking through the park, it just has so many nice areas like this one that connected two sides of the park together. I believe on one side was mostly all of the children rides.
49.JPG
How cool is it they have a shout out for some of the best coasters in the world?
50.JPG
Now that we were hanging out in the park for the rest of the day, I may have given my camera to this character :)
51.JPG
Enjoy some shots of our group from the eye of a 2nd grader :) (sorry you had to look at Craig though)
52.JPG
KT took a photo of the drop tower in action, which I didn't even get myself!
53.JPG
Behind the scenes of me and my broken iphone case. And proof that I was in the park I guess :)
54.JPG
True fact: When Hanno isn't taking amazing photos he makes funny faces.
55.JPG
As a penalty for taking my camera, tickling was required.
56.JPG
Oh yeah, they also have a newly renovated dark ride so we checked that out.
57.JPG
Not sure why this creature has such a profound vagina. But the dark ride was seriously awesome!
58.JPG
Another group of star flyer climbers either ascends or descends...you decide!
59.JPG
Jetline most definitely is descending.
60.JPG
I just loved the atmosphere of this park.
61.JPG
More naked people!!! I love Europe.
62.JPG
Somehow I liked how this random picture turned out with the background and sun finally breaking out again. Now that I think about it, was this the only rainy/cloudy weather all trip? Amazing!
63.JPG
Next door is the famous Abba Museum, which a few trip goers shelled out to see.
64.JPG
Sadly, it was soon time to go, and we had to say goodbye to the park owners. Thanks to these guys and the Alveys for putting together such a great time at the park!
65.JPG
Waiting for our bus departure to the cruise terminal (woohoo), KT once again grabbed my camera to work on her skills.
66.JPG
Don't eat the Macbook!
67.JPG
Don't try to take Soupy's ice cream.
68.JPG
I have no idea what the hell I'm doing.
69.JPG
Shut up Neil.
70.JPG
Not sure what is going on here :)
71.JPG
...maybe because I fell asleep? Anyways thanks for reading! Grona Lund was awesome and easily my favorite park next to Liseberg (with Djurs and Farup not far behind). Next will be a mini update of our overnight cruise to Helsinki and a bonus park in Finland!!! Thanks for reading and post your comments :)

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby StealthFan » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:15 am

Grona Lund as per usual were amazing! The went above and beyond anything I could have expected from them!

KT was a fantastic photographer that day and I'm sure she must have taken at least 100 photos.

Great photos as always Jake (KTs were better though :P) look forward to the overnight ferry pictures as I don't remember to much about it other than the fantastic nights sleep I had!

-Craig

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Fran1962 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:08 pm

Thanks Jake
Great pictures that bring back great memories.
It is impossible to overstate how awesome the park owners were to us.
Grona Lund packs so much fun in such a small footprint.
World class coasters, classic fun houses and a great new dark ride.
And a visit with TPR, with all the great treats and ERT, can't get any better than that!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!