Photo TR: 2014 TPR Scandi Trip!

Last Park of the trip: Linnanmaki now on Page 26 (9/22/15)
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Photo TR: 2014 TPR Scandi Trip!

Postby StealthFan » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:10 pm

Jakizle wrote:Now our cruise out of Stockholm..that was pretty.

That was also the best nights sleep I had on the entire trip! It was much needed! Even that insane tilt the ship did couldn't stop me from having that fantastic sleep!

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:11 pm

Liseberg update time! It's finally here...Liseberg was so awesome I couldn't help but post all 88 photos I picked out for the Photo TR right now!

Along with Grona Lund, Liseberg was my most anticipated park of the trip...and it did not disappoint! In fact it may be my favorite park in the world. It has amazing coasters, an amazing setting, is beautiful, with great food and lots to do (tons of flats, dark rides, and GAMES! I didn't get any good games pics but they had so many unique ones and it was a lot of fun walking around checking them out). Seriously they have everything you could want in park. And uhm...did I mention Balder?!? Holy crap!
01.JPG
Welcome to Liseberg! Love entering the park area from right within the city of Gothenburg.
02.JPG
The "famous" entrance many of us remember.
03.JPG
First thing you see inside the park? Naked lesbians. I love Sweden
04.JPG
Oh yeah, the new kid on the block is here too...but we'll come back to that later.
05.JPG
First up, a morning date with Balder!
06.JPG
Like past visits, we were allowed to soil the coaster...with sharpies and nails. Yes, I suck at nailing.
07.JPG
But how about some morning ERT?
08.JPG
Always starting with a front row ride
09.JPG
The views from the ride are breathtaking.
10.JPG
Love the setting of this park!
11.JPG
Okay, enough scenery, it's time to ride!
12.JPG
70 degrees coming right up! This was super steep for this ride's time (and still is!)
13.JPG
Epic.
14.JPG
This is where ejector airtime begins, and seemingly never ends.
15.JPG
In videos the turns on Balder look weak. Honestly they aren't, they are pretty snappy!
16.JPG
Diving down into another series of epic airtime hills.
17.JPG
Seriously, the airtime on this ride is sooo good. I think it's the best airtime on earth.
18.JPG
Airtime and headchoppers!
19.JPG
And it's still going!
20.JPG
The relentless airtime keeps going until the very end, and boy it's the perfect long ride!
21.JPG
How about a back seat ride?
22.JPG
Nice view of Kanonen from back here.
23.JPG
Seriously, so freakin' good. Words or videos don't do it justice. GO RIDE BALDER!!!
24.JPG
Our host, Pontus, delivers instructions for our next ambition.
25.JPG
Time to ride the brand new Helix!
26.JPG
...or not. Unfortunately Helix had a problem as we tried to dispatch the first train that had never happened before. Things happen, and we rescheduled the ERT for later!
27.JPG
With the park opening, time to hit the other coasters! With the park being a busy one, we got the low capacity kiddies done first.
28.JPG
If you see this man near a kiddie coaster, hide your children!
29.JPG
Another one for the count.
30.JPG
Finally riding Lisebergbanan after all these years!
31.JPG
Even with a full queue it was only like a 20 min wait! Love it!!
32.JPG
Such a great ride, and I'll dive into more details later when we ride again.
33.JPG
Another cool thing...they decided to add another train right in front of us! No shutting the ride down, just pausing it for 2 minutes to add a new train and continued right on with operations! I think this made for 5 trains on the track?!?
34.JPG
Finally Helix opened for the day, and the park was nice enough to let us ride through the resort exclusive express lane. It already had a full queue!
35.JPG
Helix was a solid new ride. Definitely like top 10 quality. I'll talk about more details later as well as I got to photograph it more!
36.JPG
Last but not least was Kanonen!
37.JPG
I love me some twisty hills, so I was looking forward to this.
38.JPG
Kanonen has many awkward but awesome moments, like the heartline roll.
39.JPG
More twisty hills!!! I was in a super nerdy secret heaven.
40.JPG
Such a photogenic ride, too. Love how it crawls around the loop which is quite the juxtaposition from an otherwise super intense and snappy ride.
41.JPG
The queue also provides some nice views of Balder, so I couldn't resist.
42.JPG
Don't let those turns fool you.
43.JPG
Airtime galore.
44.JPG
Oh yeah, we finally rode Kanonen (it was only like a 15 minute wait). Great ride!
45.JPG
We then walked around the park a bunch to check it out and take photos. Hotel Gasten is the park's year-round haunt, but we had plans for this later.
46.JPG
How can you beat views like this in an amusement park?
47.JPG
Some Helix action for you.
48.JPG
2 rides at once!
49.JPG
We decided to ride Liserbergbanan again and get some photos.
50.JPG
Sweet view of the city from up here.
51.JPG
Lisebergbanan is unique in that it's a super long ride that is never more than this far off the ground!
52.JPG
Airtime and twistyness!
53.JPG
What a view. Wow.
54.JPG
The ride just picks up more and more speed as it dives around everywhere.
55.JPG
Triple helix through the roof above!
56.JPG
It is just so unique with random elements and fast pacing.
57.JPG
A final airtime to helix finale.
58.JPG
And done.
59.JPG
How about another round on Helix?
60.JPG
I will say, the airtime hills on the ride were great. They were intense and made me think I was on a kickass Intamin ride.
61.JPG
But all of the inversions on the ride were really "floaty" and they all kind of felt the same.
62.JPG
Another issue I had is the launches are really weak. You feel like you barely accelerate.
63.JPG
Weird element for sure, but lacking in intensity.
64.JPG
Here you can see how all of the rides on the mountain weave in and out of each other!
65.JPG
We see you too, Balder.
66.JPG
But yeah, it's like a tale of two rides. Some intense, some weak. At least the setting is unbelievable!
67.JPG
The drop out of the station is a nice surprise in the back seat.
68.JPG
Oh yeah, we rode the drop tower too.
69.JPG
How about more Balder riding?
70.JPG
And the after photo. Balder just makes you so happy and wonder how the hell was that so good?
71.JPG
Such a beautiful site.
72.JPG
The park invited us back inside Balder for a reception before night time ERT.
73.JPG
This looks like it could get dangerous.
74.JPG
Soupy and his champagne! We had a toast inside Balder =)
75.JPG
There was also delicious beer present. A Great wait to get ready for ERT!
76.JPG
But first, we had a private experience at Hotel Gasten! It was a fantastic haunt with amazing scares and even better sets! The water room was unbelievable.
77.JPG
The other epic part? Robb was a scare actor inside for our groups! He scared the sh*t out of me.
78.JPG
We were hungry before the park closed. So we got food :)
79.JPG
Nothing like scarving down chicken nuggets and riding Kanonen as fast as you can! Made up for no roll backs :)
80.JPG
We got a solid 5-6 rides in on Balder as well. Seriously the best coaster ever if you love airtime.
81.JPG
And the night ended on Helix!
82.JPG
The lights on the train were pretty cool.
83.JPG
Best part about ERT? No line!
84.JPG
We got a few rides in in different seats.
85.JPG
The station was fun with lightning and upbeat music. Definitely a great ERT ride!
86.JPG
The last train of the evening returns. Sad day! But epic ERT with 5-6 rides on all 3 coasters each in an hour!
87.JPG
We then had to find our way back out of this amazing but dizzying queue line...
88.JPG
...and say goodnight to Liseberg. Couldn't have imagined a better day, and thanks to Robb and Elissa for trying so hard all day to make our visit as memorable as possible. Cheers! Next up, we go to Skara Sommerland on our way to Stockholm.

Come one. Come all. Ride the roller coaster in my pants.

Postby SFOGdude25 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:30 pm

Liseberg is definitely in my top 5 parks to visit in Europe. It looks so amazing!
Great pictures!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby mattnz » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:57 pm

Oh Liseberg, one day I'll get there... Awesome photos Jake, love your shots of all the rides interconnecting, great stuff!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby technfxrick » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:08 pm

This is now one of my favorite parks in the world!!! I loved it and could of easily spent another day here :)

New Coasters 101
Parks 84

Just Kidding!

Postby coastercrzyjames » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:46 pm

Wow, thanks for sharing such amazing pics of Liseberg Jake! Liseberg was easily one of the best parks I've been to, and one of my favorites from the Scandi Trip. Balder was GREAT, made my top 5 wood coasters, I think it's number 1 or 2 actually. Had such a great day at Liseberg, beautiful park, great city, and you can't forget the amazing burgers and ice cream we had at lunch. I love reliving the memories through the photo TRs.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:42 am

Great TR! Balder's airtime is even better than Outlaw Run and El Toro :omg: gotta go to Sweden! It must be very cool to see them transfer another train when sitting on a train :lover:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:53 am

Awesome pictures from Liseberg! It really is one of my favorite parks! I haven't been this year to check out Helix, but I definately will next year.

BugEyed wrote:
viking86 wrote:The drive from Gothenburg to Oslo is very unspectacular, standard highway with generic countryside view for pretty much all the way.

Ok, really good to know. I was imagining towering cliffs, steep fjords and an endless series of spellbinding geological wonders that I'd be compelled to pull over and see. I think I'll just save the cost of a rental car, take the train and sleep the whole way.

if you want stunning scenery go the west coast or up north.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby BugEyed » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:56 am

Just can't wait to visit Liseberg any longer. 2015 is the year!

Thank you so much for the awesome TR.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:55 pm

BugEyed wrote:Just can't wait to visit Liseberg any longer. 2015 is the year!

Thank you so much for the awesome TR.

Any year is a good year to visit Liseberg.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!