Photo TR: 2014 TPR Scandi Trip!

Last Park of the trip: Linnanmaki now on Page 26 (9/22/15)
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Re: Photo TR: 2014 TPR Scandi Trip!

Postby Jakizle » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:13 am

BugEyed wrote:I've spent the last 48 hours making plans for my 2015 trip to Sweden. I've pretty much worked out how to fit Gröna Lund and Liseberg into an already tight schedule. This TR has got me so incredibly pumped I now feel like I have to somehow squeeze a quick drive to Tusenfryd onto the back end.

Other than the park itself, is the drive to Oslo along the coast spectacular? Difficult? The only way I could pull this off would be to make the return journey back to Göteborg late at night; alone and very tired.

There isn't much - it's pretty much 3 hours of country side with maybe a quick scenic view going over a bridge or something. I slept almost the entire way there, and don't remember much on the way back. I would spend more time at Liseberg and Grona Lund!!!

Vagina Wreckage

Postby Barge84 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:32 am

I actually thought Norway was the most beautiful of all the countries we visited. I'd like to go back sometime to do some touristy stuff.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby StealthFan » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:59 am

Jakizle wrote:I slept almost the entire way there, and don't remember much on the way back.

What was the "Wake up Jake!" method on that bus trip? :lol:

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby BugEyed » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:09 pm

Barge84 wrote:^ I wouldn't go out of my way to get to this park. Tivoli Gardens or Djurs Sommerland would be time better spent if you want to visit other parks.

I've tried to fit Djurs Sommerland into the mix, but a side trip to Norway fits the non-park aspects of the trip better. Tivoli Gardens is an option (if only to experience that Vertigo madness) but again, Norway just fits the overall plan better. Plus it's hard for me to pass up an Intamin launch.

Sorry to hijack the thread. :oops: Back on topic.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:14 pm

Great pictures, since Tusenfryd is the only major amusement park in Norway it's always interesting to see what
well-travelled enthusiasts think about it. Good to hear Thundercoaster is running well and also good to see all the new wood. I rode it in august last year and was not very impressed with how it was performing.

BugEyed wrote:Other than the park itself, is the drive to Oslo along the coast spectacular? Difficult? The only way I could pull this off would be to make the return journey back to Göteborg late at night; alone and very tired.

The drive from Gothenburg to Oslo is very unspectacular, standard highway with generic countryside view for pretty much all the way.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby BugEyed » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:31 pm

viking86 wrote:The drive from Gothenburg to Oslo is very unspectacular, standard highway with generic countryside view for pretty much all the way.

Ok, really good to know. I was imagining towering cliffs, steep fjords and an endless series of spellbinding geological wonders that I'd be compelled to pull over and see. I think I'll just save the cost of a rental car, take the train and sleep the whole way.

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:20 pm

^Yeah, that's pretty much all I remember (Viking's post). I think a lot of those features are further north or in different parts of the country!

Now our cruise out of Stockholm..that was pretty.

Sorry y'all, I got swamped tonight, but I'll start getting Liseberg up tomorrow!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:04 pm

^Noooooooooooooooooooo.

:cry:

(Kidding. I'll wait till Liseberg)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Werner » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:02 am

Great TR so far, Jake! Can't wait to visit this part of the world some more... :lover: :b

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Warbird » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:12 am

Great photos! Going to be fun to look at the Liseberg photos :b :b

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!