Kolmården Discussion Thread

P. 148 - Official Wildfire POV Posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: Wildfire - 2016 Kolmarden Rocky Mountain Woodie Announce

Postby megametal » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:30 pm

Yeah, think of Ravine Flyer II at Waldameer. Took so long to get through all the complaints from the neighboring RV park or whatever, the permission to go over a road, environmental surveys... But we finally got one of the best wooden coasters out there... eventually.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Comeagain? » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:11 pm

Don't worry. RMC's got plenty up their sleeves even without Wildfire in 2016.

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:33 am

Jodon wrote:If this coaster is delayed past 2016, how does that work for RMC? I know they are a small-ish company that only does 2-3 coasters a year and to lose one of those coasters could be damaging to their business. I can't imagine that Kolmarden is on the hook for the money if the coaster can't be built, but I have no idea how these contracts work. Would RMC manufacture the track and ship it into storage until all the zoning issues are worked out? Would RMC be able to move another project up a year?

All work at the factory has stopped, and they are working to solve the problem. They will however loose the money if the ride can't proceed, but most likely they would get an "credit" of the money not already spent on Wildfire and move the RMC to another park in the chain. I don't think it will come to that thankfully, but nevertheless the project will be more expensive with the delays.

All the people at RMC seem to be awesome stand up guys, and I feel very confident that as soon as the permit for Wildfire comes they will all work their asses off to get it manufactured asap!
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:35 am

Just got word from the park owners - they got their approval and everything is back on track!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:40 am

That is awesome news! :b

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:54 am

Great! =) Now, I assume it's a bit too late for a 2016 opening, right?
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby TyRush » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:25 am

The park is open all the way to November. I'm not an expert in their weather patterns however so maybe a 2016 opening could be possible. Hadn't they already begun manufacturing the pieces before this mess?
If Intamin made a donkey, it wouldn't be tame.....well for a year

Visit our Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group page! www.psuthemeparkengineering.com/

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby lewis97 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:34 am

The following was posted on the Wildfire Blog a few days ago, suggesting they're still aiming to open it at some point next year.
The process of our awaited construction of Wildfire and planned launch in 2016 has now been intensified. We hope for a positive decision from the authorities in the next months. We’ll keep you posted, hold on!

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:03 am

cheering_minions.gif

rcjp wrote:Great! =) Now, I assume it's a bit too late for a 2016 opening, right?

I think it is definitely possible, maybe not opening in May, but certainly during 2016.

I read an article a few days ago, when the Land and Enviorment court visited the park, who said a ruling would come during August. Even if they have gotten a preliminary yes now I don't think they can start building until the court have ruled a final yes.
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:04 am

rcjp wrote:Great! =) Now, I assume it's a bit too late for a 2016 opening, right?

Nope. They told me that are "back on track" and things will move forward as they were before.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!