Kolmården Discussion Thread

P. 148 - Official Wildfire POV Posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: Wildfire - 2016 Kolmarden Rocky Mountain Woodie Announce

Postby Swede » Fri May 22, 2015 10:39 am

_koppen wrote:Oh, interesting!

Any chance you can send me the interview?

No problem. http://www.nt.se/nyheter/?clip=10978679

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Fri May 22, 2015 2:15 pm

^ Awesome!
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

The area looks really great! Looks like a perfect addition to the park.

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:38 pm

And all hopes of ever getting Wildfire to open sometime in 2016 is officially gone I'm afraid.

The park appealed to the higher Land and Environment Court and they were awaiting a hearing sometime this summer. It has however now been decided by "Supreme" Land and Environment Court that a small group of people who own a private road a bit further down the park has he right to appeal the project. Their right to appeal was overruled earlier by both the County Board and the Land and Environment Court.

But now it has been decided that they should be allowed to appeal, and the case will go back to the County Board again.

I'm not really following all the different directions this is taking, but I think that the case must now be treated by the County Board again before the Land and Environment Court can treat it, I don't think they will treat it parallel with each other. And we all know that the County Board isn't really that enthusiastic about the project as well..

I'm really starting to feel that Parks and Resorts should just invest the Wildfire money in the other parks for the next years, and start making a proper zoning plan for Kolmården, and then get Wildfire of the ground. There is just to much bureaucracy in this country..
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby TyRush » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:59 pm

You would think they would want an attraction to draw a new tourist population to the area, but wait, some blades of grass could be disturbed.
If Intamin made a donkey, it wouldn't be tame.....well for a year

Visit our Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group page! www.psuthemeparkengineering.com/

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Wolfman_KL » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:16 pm

Random question completely unrelated to Kolmarden or Wildfire, but relevant to the pictures posted on the previous pages. Does everyone wear Asics sneakers in Sweden? :lmao:

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Jodon » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:31 pm

If this coaster is delayed past 2016, how does that work for RMC? I know they are a small-ish company that only does 2-3 coasters a year and to lose one of those coasters could be damaging to their business. I can't imagine that Kolmarden is on the hook for the money if the coaster can't be built, but I have no idea how these contracts work. Would RMC manufacture the track and ship it into storage until all the zoning issues are worked out? Would RMC be able to move another project up a year?
Top 10: Outlaw Run, El Toro, Maverick, The Voyage, Bizarro (SFNE), Millennium Force, Phantom's Revenge, Goliath (SFGAm), Phoenix, Top Thrill Dragster

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:08 pm

^ Things like this happen all the time. Rides get delayed, sometimes contracts get moved to other parks that the owners have in their portfolio, etc. Just look at a ride like Gold Striker, that was delayed YEARS and almost cancelled but it still happened. I have been assured by the park owners that this ride will happen, but maybe not quite in the timeframe they originally wanted. Nothing that is going on here is really that out of the ordinary, we just don't hear about these issues that often.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Coaster Hero » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:10 pm

^^Good question, I'm really not sure. I think all development would temporarily cease until they got everything in order, and maybe they would have room for one more project, but of course this is just an educated(ish) guess.

EDIT: Robb beat me to it haha
Sometimes when I am at the park I ask myself "Why is Kingda Ka open?"

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby ajfelice » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:00 pm

robbalvey wrote:Nothing that is going on here is really that out of the ordinary, we just don't hear about these issues that often.

Reading through the articles and complaints, I think back to Ravine Flyer II. That ride got caught up in the court system and in the public eye for almost ten years with similar objections. I'm willing to bet the people in power at Kolmarden have done their homework, and while this prolonged process is not ideal, I'm sure they are ready for the battle. You simply don't get as far along in the planning and early construction phases for a signature attraction without covering your bases as much as you can. I have faith in the project. Maybe not for 2016, but I have not found myself in the group seriously doubting the project for the future. Hopefully this process can resolve itself faster than a decade.

And last time I checked, Gravity Group did just fine not having this particular coaster built in the years between 2005 and 2008.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!