Kolmården Discussion Thread

P. 148 - Official Wildfire POV Posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Re: Wildfire - 2016 Kolmarden Rocky Mountain Woodie Announce

Postby _koppen » Sun May 03, 2015 10:13 am

No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby StealthFan » Sun May 03, 2015 10:16 am

With this and the new area at Djurs there has been some really awesome family areas opening this year.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Alex1337 » Wed May 06, 2015 2:56 am

This area looks sweet! Nice amount of details, and the selection of rides looks decent. What about the Wildfire plans, anyone know anything about the issues? Are we going to see Wildfire running in 2016? (If there is a god, we will!)
Alex Poulsen, danish rollercoaster fanatic, settled in Copenhagen, pretty much born and raised in BonBon-Land.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Swede » Wed May 06, 2015 3:10 am

Alex1337 wrote:This area looks sweet! Nice amount of details, and the selection of rides looks decent. What about the Wildfire plans, anyone know anything about the issues? Are we going to see Wildfire running in 2016? (If there is a god, we will!)

I haven't seen anything about it in the Swedish media for some time now. :?r

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Alex1337 » Wed May 06, 2015 3:25 am

That does not sound promising! :/ Reminds me a little about some of the situations Bakken had, when they wanted to install a new coaster. Rumors said they were going to build a decent launched coaster in the logflume area, but the plans were cancelled because of almoust the same issues as Kolmården now are having. Why can't they just let us have some awesome coasters out in the woods!!?! :'(
Alex Poulsen, danish rollercoaster fanatic, settled in Copenhagen, pretty much born and raised in BonBon-Land.

Postby Swede » Wed May 06, 2015 5:17 am

Alex1337 wrote:That does not sound promising! :/ Reminds me a little about some of the situations Bakken had, when they wanted to install a new coaster. Rumors said they were going to build a decent launched coaster in the logflume area, but the plans were cancelled because of almoust the same issues as Kolmården now are having. Why can't they just let us have some awesome coasters out in the woods!!?! :'(

Well, the owners of the park has said it will be built. It might just open a little late.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby TyRush » Wed May 06, 2015 7:10 am

I wonder if this will cause Wildfire to NOT be the FIRST RMC coaster in Europe? Regardless I can't see how it won't be the best =)
If Intamin made a donkey, it wouldn't be tame.....well for a year

Visit our Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group page! www.psuthemeparkengineering.com/

Postby _koppen » Wed May 06, 2015 11:42 am

The Wildfire case won't be treated until late spring/early summer, maybe even later, so until then there isn't really anything more we can do than to wait :)

Also, as I said earlier, the Land and Environment Court isn't really any easy people to please. Just the fact that Kolmården thinks they have a case strong enough to go through it says a lot!
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Postby Swede » Fri May 22, 2015 8:44 am

I a new interview Christer Fogelmarck from Park & Resorts said that production for the ride has been stopped at the factories in Holland and the U.S. He also said that he hadn't given up hope and was hoping to start up again later this summer. If they don't get the green-light they would have to look over the zoning plan to see what it says.

Postby _koppen » Fri May 22, 2015 10:26 am

Oh, interesting!

Any chance you can send me the interview?
No. 1 Water Park guy!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!