Kolmården Discussion Thread

P. 148 - Official Wildfire POV Posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Wildfire - 2016 Kolmarden Rocky Mountain Woodie Announce

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:09 pm

It seems to me they just have to prepare a legal document stating it's not harmful to wildlife and they're good. I don't have any knowledge of Swedish law, though.

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:11 pm

That's terrifying. I wish Kolmarden the best of luck trying to get this all sorted out. This is a huge bucket-list coaster, it would be devastating if it had to come down.
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Hakugei|Skyrush
Lightning Rod|T Express|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:19 pm

I haven't really been updating the process too much to the forum over the last year since construction resumed.

In general one can say that it got appealed to the highest level possible, there is no level above this. It's not usual for the Land and Environment High Court to try these kind of cases, but they found there to be reason to take up the case and the process have been going on this last year.

There is no way of telling what will happen now, but they are not going to make them tear the ride down (as standard procedure they will however be asked to tear it down, not doing so will likely result in some fines to pay for the park).

The park will likely apply for a detailed plan for the area, they are probably prepared for this outcome. Usually it takes years to create a new zoning plan, but the park have the full support of the town so it is likely to go much faster in this case. Problem is that such a zoning plan will also be appealed through all the same levels as the building permit was, so it won't really be a quick process.

The only thing we can be certain of is that it is very uncertain how it will unfold. We have to wait a while and see how it plays out, but there is no reason to worry for the rides being. The question is if it will be able to operate under some kind of exception until the zoning plan is finished or if it will be closed until a final plan is granted.
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby TyRush » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:00 pm

Very disturbing but I am sure it will be resolved much like the first time. Speaking of which isnt this similar to the issue the first time?
If Intamin made a donkey, it wouldn't be tame.....well for a year

Visit our Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group page! www.psuthemeparkengineering.com/

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby cookiex » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:12 pm

I'm glad I got to ride Wildfire when I did hearing these reports. I find it highly unlikely they'll remove it but the legal troubles could maybe affect operations going forward.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Mr. Corn » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:20 pm

I hate to be that person... but heres a petition I started to try and save it. I know it probably wont work, but its worth a try!!! https://www.change.org/p/kolmarden-permit-board-save-wildfire-at-kolmarden

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby annatheshortest » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:01 pm

Should Wildfire be inoperable in Sweden, which I hope it doesn't happen, would relocating it stateside be feasible? I'm sure there's parks here that would invest in a coaster as great as Wildfire. Not to mention it would make it easier to ride ;)

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:54 pm

^It's a custom built terrain coaster that has lots of structures specifically designed for the soil and rock type at Kolmården. If a park can afford to relocate it and redesign the structure, might as well just buy a brand new RMC.

I really hope the management have planned that this is going to happen and will survive all the craziness. Personal feelings of putting this super high up my bucket list aside, I really think Wildfire will change Kolmården forever.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:07 pm

I'm shocked! Hopefully everything gets resolved, what a terrible scenario if they were forced to remove it.
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby coasterkid124 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:29 am

I think that starting a petition to "save" the ride is going too far here.

Kolmarden wouldn't have spent so much money on this coaster if they thought there was ever a chance of it getting demolished. Governments are very picky about having all documents and paperwork completed correctly no matter the person or company involved. I've seen zoning boards and local governments get picky over where a person builds a deck on the back of their house.

I feel as though the governement will not make Kolmarden tear the ride down unless there is substantial proof that the coaster is harming the environment. As long as Kolmarden can get the accreditation that they need, the ride will be fine. It's a scary situation, but I can not think of a time where a roller coaster was demolished for environmental issues. Usually this stuff is all ironed out before, or it would not be approved in the first place.
I'm actually not a kid; it's my nickname. I'm the youngest guy at my job. Only until after I created my account did I realize it made my sound like I'm 12. "Giddy up"- Cosmo Kramer Finally got an avatar!
Darien Lake coaster drought: 16 years and counting.....

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!