Kolmården Discussion Thread

P. 148 - Official Wildfire POV Posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Wildfire - 2016 Kolmarden Rocky Mountain Woodie Announce

Postby viking86 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:23 pm

Thanks for sharing the pictures! Wildfire looks absolutely amazing! I'm still struggling to comprehend that we now actually have an RMC here in Scandinavia. I'm planning to head over to Sweden in August, really looking forward to it. =)

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:49 pm

That lift hill and first drop are just....

#Catchesbreath
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Arn'O » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:56 pm

Thank you! Awesome photos! The opening is REALLY TOMORROW! Can't believe it. And yes, multi-angle POV video please!!! ;) ;) ;)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby MatthewKyle » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:49 pm

I can't wait to try this one.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:57 am

I have just received this message from Mattais at Kolmarden:

Wildfire will not open today due to technical problems.

The manufacturers have made us aware of a potential defect on a part in the trains.

We have not detected any fault on our trains, but for us it is a matter of following the instructions from the manufacturers of the attraction. We are very sorry for those who where looking forward to ride Wildfire today and the next few days. We are working hard to move as quickly as possible to get Wildfire up and running, but we anticipate that it will take at least 3-5 days.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Zingao » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:47 am

According to the local newspaper, Kolmården will replace cylinders that keep the restraints in place. Some kind of manufacturing error has been discovered on another park location and the park will therefore take extra measures to make sure that Wildfire is equipped with the correct parts. They expect it to take 3-5 days to get the new parts and to do some testing.

http://www.nt.se/nyheter/norrkoping/wildfire-stangs-av-delar-maste-undersokas-vi-ar-otroligt-ledsna-om4183670.aspx

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:42 am

I feel really bad for all the people who went out of their way to get to the park today just to ride Wildfire. But safety first, hope to hear some good news soon.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:59 am

Does this mean that all the Rocky Mountain's, without Gerstlauer trains, are down?
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby LiftThrill » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:15 am

Safety first! Hopefully this doesn't mean Lightning Rod and other RMCs with the non-Gerst trains are closed as well. Although I am laughing a little bit at the people who were all making fun of Lightning Rod for not opening on time and Wildfire opening perfectly.

Let's be honest, since when does any coaster actually open on time perfectly? Heck, I remember Iron Rattler had a pretty smooth opening year.... until the NTaG incident. Stuff happens.
1. Fury 325 | 2. Millennium Force | 3. New Texas Giant | 4. Outlaw Run | 5. Maverick | 6. Twisted Cyclone | 7. Iron Rattler | 8. The Voyage | 9. Goliath (SFGAm) | 10. Time Traveler

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby appel » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:18 am

LiftThrill wrote:Safety first! Hopefully this doesn't mean Lightning Rod and other RMCs with the non-Gerst trains are closed as well.

Guess that could be true as Lightning Rod also seems to be closed until next week, look at the Dollywood thread.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!