Kolmården Discussion Thread

P. 148 - Official Wildfire POV Posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Wildfire - 2016 Kolmarden Rocky Mountain Woodie Announce

Postby cfc » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:56 am

^I've ridden three RMC coasters, and have been impressed by each of them: New Texas Giant, Twisted Colossus, and Goliath (which is the weakest of the group, but still a very good ride).

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:57 am

^^This statement boggles my mind! Have you ridden one yet? Not only are their rides visually stunning, but each and every one they build seems better and more amazeballs than the last. And NTAG was incredible to start from. Wildfire is just a new cherry on top of an incredible sundae of coasters that they have already amassed. IMHO, Storm chaser, the baby of the RMC family is probably in the top 3-5% of steel coasters in the world.

Still sad about Lightning Rod having to be torn down though. But it looked incredible on paper. Probably a top 5 woodie at worst. Thinking it could have been an easy #2 or #3. Too bad we'll never know.

Looking forward to getting to Kolmarden one day and riding this beast. It looks amazing!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby deathfearsnone » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:16 pm

Guy T. Koepp wrote:^^This statement boggles my mind! Have you ridden one yet? Not only are their rides visually stunning, but each and every one they build seems better and more amazeballs than the last. And NTAG was incredible to start from. Wildfire is just a new cherry on top of an incredible sundae of coasters that they have already amassed. IMHO, Storm chaser, the baby of the RMC family is probably in the top 3-5% of steel coasters in the world.

Still sad about Lightning Rod having to be torn down though. But it looked incredible on paper. Probably a top 5 woodie at worst. Thinking it could have been an easy #2 or #3. Too bad we'll never know.

Looking forward to getting to Kolmarden one day and riding this beast. It looks amazing!

What are you talking about with lightning rod? Rode it yesterday lol

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:28 pm

deathfearsnone wrote:
Guy T. Koepp wrote:^^This statement boggles my mind! Have you ridden one yet? Not only are their rides visually stunning, but each and every one they build seems better and more amazeballs than the last. And NTAG was incredible to start from. Wildfire is just a new cherry on top of an incredible sundae of coasters that they have already amassed. IMHO, Storm chaser, the baby of the RMC family is probably in the top 3-5% of steel coasters in the world.

#Itllneveropen
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Taiga - Linnanmäki 4. Untamed - Walibi Holland 5. Shambhala - PortAventura 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Taron - Phantasialand 8. Helix - Liseberg 9. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 10. Colossos - Heide Park

Coasters: 273 || Parks: 52

Parc Astérix || Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:13 pm

deathfearsnone wrote:

I'm sure you did. ;)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Jaynen » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:26 pm

Very well done RMC. My favorite part is where you go through the little shed and get whipped up and to the side through the head chopper support structure. I noticed 2 parts where the pacing slowed up but just a tiny bit. Ive watched the pov so many times now I lost count. You know you've built a great coaster when. Any off ride video anywhere?

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:18 pm

CP Maverick wrote:Honestly, before this ride, I haven't been impressed with the work RMC has done. Maybe this will be a turn in the right direction.

A turn in the right direction? I don't know what you're smoking, but I think it's time to find a new dealer.

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:49 pm

viking86 wrote:I still can't believe this is 2 hours down the road.... after a 1 hour 20 mins flight that is! ;)

That sounds pretty sweet as well! :br
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Postby DILinator » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:13 pm

ZeroGravity55 wrote:The perfect example is Storm Chaser. When it opened, reports were saying that ending was very sluggish. Now we're hearing from the same people who rode when it opened that the ride is flying into the break run.

I can testify to this! Storm Chaser never. Lets. Up. Absolutely amazing coaster, with airtime as forceful as anything I've ever ridden (usually more so!)

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Postby thrillrider » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:33 pm

This coaster looks amazing!

This has got to be RMC'S best work yet.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!