Kolmården Discussion Thread

P. 148 - Official Wildfire POV Posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Re: Wildfire - 2016 Kolmarden Rocky Mountain Woodie Announce

Postby _koppen » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:05 am

Still can't believe this is 2.5 hours down the road!
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:09 am

_koppen wrote:Still can't believe this is 2.5 hours down the road!

I still can't believe this is 2 hours down the road.... after a 1 hour 20 mins flight that is! ;)

I am annoying as f**k!!!

Postby Henry M » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:13 am

viking86 wrote:
_koppen wrote:Still can't believe this is 2.5 hours down the road!

I still can't believe this is 2 hours down the road.... after a 1 hour 20 mins flight that is! ;)

Which airport is closest?
Note to self: don't be stupid...

Current top coaster = Expedition GeForce.

Postby DILinator » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:20 am

canadianparkfan wrote:
Superbatboy wrote:
robbalvey wrote:Holy crap! 56,000 views, 5,000 reactions, 1,000+ shares, and reached 200,000 people in just two hours! I'd say people seem to think Wildfire looks pretty kick A$$!

I hope planning and developing managers are taking notice, this is what the people want!

...Exactly!... CF Development, this is what all RMCs at your parks should look like!

Seriously! This is what I keep thinking... I'm not exactly sure why park operators these days, especially prominent park operators who are arguably the leaders the amusement (not theme) park field at this time (and have far more resources than parks like Kolmarden, and even Kentucky Kingdom), continue to intentionally build inferior product, when the ability to create things like this, and even greater models, are at their fingertips! Very puzzling... Hopefully that tide begins to turn, and maybe, just maybe, something as good (if not better) than this is built somewhere I'll actually get a chance to ride it! =)

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby 3Mutts » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:54 am

That looks really good despite the camera quality being that of a early 2000s camera :roll:
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

Postby Hhappy » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:03 am

3Mutts wrote:That looks really good despite the camera quality being that of a early 2000s camera :roll:

what the heck are you talking about?
looks perfectly fine for me (and it's at 1080 as well)
can't wait to take a ride on this :)
I'm dutch.. not much i can do about that
My coasters/parks and other stuff photo's

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby TBpony414 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:10 am

Video quality excellent on my end, seamless 1080 on a 15" macbook pro. Love, love, love the little touches to the video like the music and Wildfire buzz saw at the end of the video.

Oh and OMFG that looks insane!!! The track goes on and on and on, I seriously had my jaw on the ground after watching it. Congratulations Kolmarden for building a ride that will knock it out of the park. The beauty of the layout compliments the ground/cliffs it was built on perfectly. Some day I hope to travel to Sweden to see your animals and ride Wildfire!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Nyctophiliac » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:13 am

That moment when you wish you weren't a part-time working college student & actually had the means to travel to Sweden for Wildfire before the next semester starts.

Yep, exactly how I feel right now.

ONE DAY I WILL BE ABLE TO TRAVEL THE WORLD & RIDE ROLLER COASTERS, DAMNIT! :angry:

Anywho, this coaster is a damn beast. I honestly think it's one of RMC's best to date, not that Outlaw isn't amazing, Joker isn't awesome, or Iron Rattler isn't cool, but Wildfire is just..........fucking epic. Those smooth transitions that you don't see coming, the overall mega-structure of it, the pacing/speed. Orgasmic.

Postby DILinator » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:20 am

Nyctophiliac wrote:ONE DAY I WILL BE ABLE TO TRAVEL THE WORLD & RIDE ROLLER COASTERS, DAMNIT! :angry:

Make sure you do it before you start having kids then! Not saying I don't love my kids more than anything (because I do), but most of my coaster credits are from before they were born, just sayin'...

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby CP Maverick » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:17 am

DILinator wrote:
canadianparkfan wrote:
Superbatboy wrote:
robbalvey wrote:Holy crap! 56,000 views, 5,000 reactions, 1,000+ shares, and reached 200,000 people in just two hours! I'd say people seem to think Wildfire looks pretty kick A$$!

I hope planning and developing managers are taking notice, this is what the people want!

...Exactly!... CF Development, this is what all RMCs at your parks should look like!

Seriously! This is what I keep thinking... I'm not exactly sure why park operators these days, especially prominent park operators who are arguably the leaders the amusement (not theme) park field at this time (and have far more resources than parks like Kolmarden, and even Kentucky Kingdom), continue to intentionally build inferior product, when the ability to create things like this, and even greater models, are at their fingertips! Very puzzling... Hopefully that tide begins to turn, and maybe, just maybe, something as good (if not better) than this is built somewhere I'll actually get a chance to ride it! =)

Honestly, before this ride, I haven't been impressed with the work RMC has done. Maybe this will be a turn in the right direction.
Original Maverick '99

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!