Mitch Hawker's steel roller coaster poll 2013 !

Page 15 - Results are OUT!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Re: Mitch Hawker's steel roller coaster poll 2013 !

Postby Jakizle » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:01 pm

Wow, that is an amazing top 7! Yay for NTAG moving up even with 1 less rider this year.

Can't wait to ride #1 in June!

^I prefer MF slightly, but they are both kinda spreadout and forcless. Night ERT on MF was a lot of fun this year though and the drop and last 2 airhills made up for it.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby TyRush » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:27 pm

The results are great! Glad to see some respectable coasters moving up and others shifting out

Thanks to Mitch for all his effort as well, Kudos to you!
If Intamin made a donkey, it wouldn't be tame.....well for a year

Visit our Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group page! www.psuthemeparkengineering.com/

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby GrapesLie » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:30 pm

NO OUTLAW RUN! Shame! SHAME! LoL ;)

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:30 pm

Anyone find the irony in Ntag moving up after last years incident? This thing kills people, best ride ever.

TPR's lonesome donkeyboy

Postby Groteslurf » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:33 pm

Jakizle wrote:Wow, that is an amazing top 7! Yay for NTAG moving up even with 1 less rider this year.

Can't wait to ride #1 in June!

^I prefer MF slightly, but they are both kinda spreadout and forcless. Night ERT on MF was a lot of fun this year though and the drop and last 2 airhills made up for it.

Amazing 7 ? Amazing 8 !!!
Shambalha is my favorite coaster since I rode it

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:40 pm

Interesting results. Also surprised to see shambhala holding up in the top ten. I rode it last week and though it was much better than my first ride in July 2012, so I'll rank it higher next year (wasn't in my top 10 this year, actually). I wonder what happened to Ispeed.
By the way, how were the wing coasters in general? (I know gatekeeper was 108 but that's all)
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby CPSFMMCW » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:46 pm

I find it interesting that i305 was voted as the best giga coaster. The thing that separates it apart from the others is the intensity of those insane twisties. Stays low to the ground, and you black out. Not a very much airtime either. A little floater, and a little ejector. Maybe Six Flags should take a hint and start installing giga's! The 3 in the US made the top 15. That means good news for carowinds fans!

Also, where the heck are all those B&M hypers?! Apollo's? Diamondback? Intimidator? They always make it into the top 15! Now the best is nitro at 24. But still, thats crazy.

3 Mega-lites in the top 20! wow! Pay attention US parks! I'm talking to you! Go do some good and go over to intamin and install a bunch here in the united states!
Last edited by CPSFMMCW on Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:56 pm.
Check out Coaster Studios on YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCoasterguy14
Twitter: @coasterstudios
Intimidator 305|El Toro|Apollo's Chariot|New Texas Giant|Nitro|Kingda Ka|Skyrush|Superman: Ride of Steel|Superman: Ultimate Flight|Volcano

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:47 pm

larrygator wrote:iSpeed dropped a few spots while losing quite a few match-ups by only a vote. I'm a huge fan of iSpeed and unfortunately couldn't find the time to vote this year. I'll apologize to iSpeed in person next time I'm at the park.

Same. :(

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby booink » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:24 pm

I'm happy to see Gatekeeper at #108, it deserved it! It's by far the shakiest and most unpleasant B&M I've been on! Also love to see Maverick go up a little, that was #1 on my ballot.

I'm quite surprised however about the Volares beeing the worst above Goudurix! They really are awful, but I tough Goudurix would continue its dead last reign until its destruction!
Favorites :
Steel : Maverick, Wicked Cyclone, Superman: the ride (SFNE)
Wood : El Toro, Phoenix, Lightning Racers
Total coaster count : 134

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:27 pm

CPSFMMCW wrote:Also, where the heck are all those B&M hypers?! Apollo's? Diamondback? Intimidator? They always make it into the top 15! Now the best is nitro at 24. But still, thats crazy.

Well, the highest ranked B&M is a hyper, but it's not in the us.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!