New Wanda Parks in China.

Intamin Racing Stand-Up vs Inverted Coaster Construction
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: New B&M Flyer For Wanda Xishuangbanna, China.

Postby markysharky17 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:01 pm

Wow they have a lot of rides coming! I wonder how the amazing the intamin will be! And a Mack Mega Coaster like Blue Fire? This will be sweet!
Coaster Count #188 Last coaster was Mako
1. Intimidator 305 2. Skyrush 3. El Toro 4. Maverick 5. Superman The Ride 6. Fury 325 7. Wicked Cyclone 8. StormRunner 9. Kinda Ka 10. Top Thrill Dragster 11. Manta (SWO) 12. Goliath (SFOG) 13. Montu 14. The Beast 15. Mako 16. Intimidator 17. Banshee
RMC+B&M+INTAMIN

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Gutterflower » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:59 am

The Wanda Groups planned parks keep getting more interesting. Their recent document outlining 10 planned coasters mentions that their park in Hefei, China is planned to included a 75mph launched coaster with a loop of 55m.

Wanda group have also created this model for the Hefei park suggesting the ride will similar to YOLOcoaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Which of course was built by Premier.

Interestingly the planned Lewa World park in Xi'an will include a Mack coaster with a loop of 50m. Both of these top YOLOcoaster's record loop so it will be interesting to see who opens theirs first.

Source: http://www.wanda-cti.com/2014/ghxs_0108/454.html

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:06 am

^Yeah it will be interesting to see what gets built first. I have to say I'm a bit more exited about the mack as I'm assuming the layout will be a bit longer than this one but both look like fun concepts.
These Chinese parks really are on fire!
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:24 am

Now I just wish their park management will be deserve the world class just like their rides v

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:40 am

That is awesome news! I love the concept of Full'Throttle (except the YOLO name!)
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Postby Gutterflower » Thu May 08, 2014 3:54 am

Wanda have released this for the new Intamin coaster at their Nanchang Park. Wanda lists the ride as being the tallest in China which means it has to beat the 250ft of Dinoconda at China Dinosaur park. However RCDB currently lists the ride as 242.8 ft so only time will tell.

Source: VH Coasters

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu May 08, 2014 4:07 am

Could someone make a thread that lists all the current projects in China with links to their discussions here in the forum? Kind of like Larry's guide to 2014 new attractions, but just for China parks? I feel there is so much going on right now it's hard to keep track of!

Postby Gutterflower » Thu May 08, 2014 4:24 am

robbalvey wrote:Could someone make a thread that lists all the current projects in China with links to their discussions here in the forum? Kind of like Larry's guide to 2014 new attractions, but just for China parks? I feel there is so much going on right now it's hard to keep track of!

I can certainly try and make a thread. Might take me an hour or two. Watch this space

Edit: Done
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67888
Last edited by Gutterflower on Thu May 08, 2014 7:20 am.

Site Admin

Re: New Wanda Parks in China.

Postby SharkTums » Thu May 08, 2014 5:13 am

^Sounds great, thanks!

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Re: New Wanda Parks in China.

Postby BDG » Thu May 08, 2014 6:24 am

Wanda Hefei is being designed by Dutch company Jora Vision.

Jora Vision designs Chinese theme park for Wanda Group

The Chinese Wanda Group recently held a ground breaking celebration for the impressive Wanda City Hefei project. At this festive event, Jora Vision’s CEO Jan Maarten de Raad was invited to speak to the guests about the theme park the Dutch company is designing for this Wanda project.

Rijnsburg, April 30th 2014 – In 2016 the Wanda Group is planning on opening Wanda City Hefei, one of the many Wanda Cultural Tourism City projects it is developing. Since last year Jora Vision has actively been working on the design of the first Wanda theme park in Hefei, a city located in the Chinese province of Anhui.

“We are honoured to be part of this project, to work with Wanda to develop this park,” Jan Maarten de Raad said during the opening. “While taking on this challenge we were determined to design a world where Anhui’s heritage and stories don’t make visitors feel like they are in a museum. Our goal is to design an environment where culture and heritage come to life through strong story lines and fantasy.”

The theme park of almost 38 hectares, is based on local culture and traditions. It is divided into six specific areas and is planned to have over 30 attractions. For each of these areas, Jora Vision came up with a specific storyline where fairytales, art, history and legends meet, translating the Anhui Province’s heritage into a full leisure experience. Sister company Jora Entertainment is involved in the design of the audio and special effects for the park.

In the first area, called Classic Anhui, the beauty of ancient Anhui architecture is celebrated. In the second zone, the Battle of Feishui, guests take part in the epic battle of the Feishui River. Butterfly Dreamland, the third area, is a happy wonderland garden filled with human-like animals and insects. In the fourth area, Lost Chaozhou, visitors discover the remnants of the sunken city of Chaozhou. The fifth area, Happy Water Town, represents a special waterfront village. Finally, the sixth zone is Opera Garden and focuses on Anhui’s famous Opera and theatrical stories.

Wanda Hefei theme park is now planned to open in July of 2016.

http://www.joravision.com/projects/theme-parks/wanda-city-hefei-2/
FS_001_TH_103_SPLASHBATTLE.jpg
Splash Battle
MD_633_TH_101_POVRestaurant.jpg
Restaurant
WAN03_G_000_AW_002_POVWaveswinger-GRC-SND.jpg
Wave Swinger
WandaHefei-LostChauzhou.jpg
Lost Chauzhou

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!