Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Tayto Park Discussion Thread

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:31 pm

It's not just Ireland and England; the same thing happens here in America. People knowingly live next to a park and then whine at any opportunity.

The shocking thing about this is that the park already has a big wooden coaster. That cannot be quiet. For these steel coasters, they could do things like filling the track with sand.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:05 pm

^ Actually, you have to consider, the villages around some of these European places were there first, in truth.

But America is different and it is the other way around. Cities are built closer and closer to already existing parks, and then they complain about crowd noise and/or ride noise, that's "suddenly invading their privacy" blah blah blah.

My five cents. :)

Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:29 pm

^ That's a fair point. I'm still shocked they allowed a wooden coaster, which is probably far louder, unless it's located deep in the park or something.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:25 pm

^ That's how I felt they dealt with Wicker Man over at Alton Towers.
Put it more into the middle of the park, than by an edge of it, i.e. near the neighbours.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:38 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:The shocking thing about this is that the park already has a big wooden coaster. That cannot be quiet. For these steel coasters, they could do things like filling the track with sand.

Many times screaming riders are louder than the actual coaster. And you can't fill their mouths with sand.
Last edited by larrygator on Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:42 pm.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:29 pm

^^-- I may think of that comment when riding in the future though.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:57 pm

Damn Shame
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS