Tayto Park Discussion Thread

P. 22: An "iconic" steel coaster planned for 2021
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Re: Tayto Park Discussion Thread

Postby Shavethewhales » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:24 pm

Always makes me happy to see such effort put into theming. And as we always point out, if these little european parks can do it, why not the huge U.S. parks?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby meroteboy » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:55 am

Last edited by Hhappy on Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:45 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:15 am

The Viking Voyage will open June 16th!

19059538_1656522241055420_807953035080971799_n.jpg
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Taiga - Linnanmäki 4. Untamed - Walibi Holland 5. Shambhala - PortAventura 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Taron - Phantasialand 8. Helix - Liseberg 9. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 10. Colossos - Heide Park

Coasters: 273 || Parks: 52

Parc Astérix || Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Postby JordyC » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:09 am

The first Viking Voyage boat is away!

19114005_1662472793793698_1010078966353782020_n.jpg
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Taiga - Linnanmäki 4. Untamed - Walibi Holland 5. Shambhala - PortAventura 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Taron - Phantasialand 8. Helix - Liseberg 9. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 10. Colossos - Heide Park

Parc Astérix || Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby CSLKennyNI » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:02 pm

Today was the press day for Viking Voyage. The ride opens to the public tomorrow.

At the centre of the attraction is a 60ft tall mountain and over 500 trees have been planted to recreate the Irish landscape from 1,000 years ago.
It has 3 drops including one which is backwards.
The ride uses 1.7million litres of water, 5,000 bundles of straw, 10,000 tonnes of concrete and 500 tonnes of steel.
There are six stunning Viking replica ships throughout the ride, which will thrill 720 visitors per hour.
Manufactured by Interlink.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/family-kids-news/flumeing-hell-tayto-parks-massive-10630193
IMG_20170615_201912.jpg

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Pear » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:38 pm

I love how nice the theming turned out! I can't wait for a POV
The best coaster is Boulder Dash

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CúChulainnCoaster » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:48 am

Tayto Park have announced two new attractions for 2018. A children's driving school and a spinning coaster.

“Last year was huge for us with the opening of our new World of Raptors and Viking Voyage attractions and this year will see us continue our investment to make Tayto Park bigger and better than ever – with a number of new attractions including Ireland’s first ever driving school for kid, which opens on March 24, and a new spinning coaster which is due to open in June.

They've also announced that a planning permission application has been submitted for a new 250 room hotel.

Aside from the new attractions, a planning permission application has also been submitted to build a 32,000 square-metre, 250 bedroom family hotel which will offer accommodation, spa and leisure facilities for up to 1,000 guests. The seven-storey hotel will be built from wood to match the look and feel of the Park and will be in a parkland setting.

Link: http://www.duffyrafferty.com/tayto-park-prepares-for-thrilling-new-season/
_

It's great to see the park expanding year on year. The spinning coaster is most likely going to be a junior coaster as the owner hinted at so last year at the opening of Viking Voyage.

The park is very popular with young family's in Ireland so it's good to see them building a hotel and turning the park more into a resort.

2019 should also be a big year for the park as a major thrill ride, likely a rollercoaster with inversions as hinted at by the owner should be opening as part of their big attraction every two years strategy.

Exciting times ahead for Tayto Park!
Coasters Ridden: 90
Top 3 Steel: #1 Expedition GeForce, #2 X2, #3 Shambhala
Top 3 Wood: #1 El Toro, #2 Wodan, #3 Twisted Colossus

Parks visited: 21
Top 3 Parks: #1 Europa Park, #2 Disneyland, #3 Animal Kingdom
Home Park: Tayto Park

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:06 am

Awesome, they're really building this park out right. And this expansion singlehandedly doubles the number of coasters in the entire country!

Postby JordyC » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:26 am

It is great to see this park expanding!

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:And this expansion singlehandedly doubles the number of coasters in the entire country!

:nina: :nina:
Quality Over Quantity

I Love Donkeys!

Postby eKs_Productions » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:40 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Awesome, they're really building this park out right. And this expansion singlehandedly doubles the number of coasters in the entire country!

Not really... there are some more (kiddie) coasters... but in a few years, Tayto Park will be the leader on the island... :lmao:
Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-09 um 20.36.35.png
Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-09 um 20.37.42.png
Please excuse my bad English... :oops:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!