Photo TR: WFChris's Mexico Trips!

3/24/15: Guadalajara: Selva Magica and The Bullet!!! P.15
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Re: Photo TR: WF OMG Mexico!

Postby vuurvogel » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:33 pm

great report. Really funny. Makes me want to go to Mexico. That and RMC. Keep those pictures coming!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:12 pm

I think I also figured out what they were doing in that museum!

Too funny! :lol:

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby WFChris » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:17 pm

The 2nd day of the tour brought us to La Feria de Chapultepec which is a smaller park that's closer to the city center than Six Flags. It's quite a bit less expensive than Six Flags and kind of feels like a permanent fair with a giant mobius woodie in the middle of it. I'm more for words as captions so here we go!
IMG_1418.JPG
If you don't normally see this many buttons in your elevator you probably haven't travelled with TPR yet...
IMG_1420.JPG
This is Montaña Infinitum. You saw this picture in other TR's because its the first thing you see when you get to the park.
IMG_1421.JPG
...that park being La Feria de Chapultepec, or just La Feria.
IMG_1422.JPG
Chapultepec means Grasshopper in spanish, and Chapultepec is the name of their large urban park (like Central Park but bigger)
IMG_1424.JPG
Pretty standard...sorry insulin users...oh and Taquilla with TWO L's means ticket, not 'little building with shots in it.'
IMG_1426.JPG
Security at the park wears those 'we dont f- around' hats.
IMG_1427.JPG
Everybody on the trip has a shirt with a green stain on it now. This thing took like an hour to dry.
IMG_1428.JPG
WTF is that?! Looks dangerous and AWESOME!
IMG_1429.JPG
Montaña Rusa from the entrance to Montaña Rusa. Montaña Rusa means 'Roller Coaster' in Spanish. It literally translates to Russian Mountain, but it means Roller Coaster.
IMG_1430.JPG
This coaster was a real draw for many participants on the trip, including myself. I have this old tacky book called White Knuckle Ride which I got when I was younger, and ever since seeing this ride in there I have felt like I will see it someday.
IMG_1432.JPG
That day finally came! Who knew it would be on my first international coaster trip!
IMG_1433.JPG
The front half of the park from the Moñtana Rusa queue. That pink castle is a mirror maze.
IMG_1434.JPG
Montaña Infinitum. We heard it may not open for us.
IMG_1441.JPG
To wake Montaña Rusa up, they pushed the cars to the lift hill, then just jumped in the train and took a ride. So awesome.
IMG_1444.JPG
Turns out Montaña Infinitum was indeed going to open for us. Which made us all very very happy :)
IMG_1446.JPG
No sitting like a sassy lady!
IMG_1448.JPG
Monaña Infinitum is a Schwarzkopf triple loop, kind of a slightly smaller version of that one in a mall in Canada.
IMG_1449.JPG
Infinitum is a phone company in Mexico. I'm not sure if the name of this ride has anything to do with that.
IMG_1451.JPG
This is Cascabel. A shuttle loop.
IMG_1452.JPG
The queue for Cascabel is basically a zig-zagging grandstand.
IMG_1453.JPG
I'm sorry, but your purple friends can't....do....something.
IMG_1454.JPG
Typical TPR Trip queue length...
IMG_1455.JPG
There was some braking in the station on the backwards bit, but still a solid ride.
IMG_1457.JPG
The last coaster of the park was my worst nightmare, a spinning mouse. My first spinning mouse. Oh, La Feria is a Pepsi Park. Hooray for rarities!
IMG_1459.JPG
Raton Loco is a typical spinning mouse. Raton Loco means Crazy Mouse. Fortunately we had a balanced car and I survived.
IMG_1460.JPG
They had a pretty cool flume ride. It went behind the dolphin show and under the coaster. No line skipping though and unfortunately we didn't have time to ride it. It looked like a soaker.
IMG_1461.JPG
I asked for advice from my friends before visiting DF (thats short for Mexico City), and one of them said 'don't eat the hot dogs.' I stuck to his advice.
IMG_1465.JPG
The logo for Montaña Rusa.
IMG_1470.JPG
I really only saw myself coming here in my wildest dreams. This is such a cool day!!!
IMG_1472.JPG
You can photograph Montaña Rusa from basically anywhere in the park. Doesn't mean it'll be a good picture, but it will be there.
IMG_1473.JPG
I don't even think Jeff Johnson counts this....
IMG_1476.JPG
Brave souls!!!!
IMG_1477.JPG
They wouldn't race the trains...they would come close, but there apparently was a policy against actually racing them.
IMG_1479.JPG
I don't know if this is a picture of the ride or if I thought the guys in line were hot. LoL who am I kidding.
IMG_1480.JPG
The potato chip DJ booth is apparently new.
IMG_1482.JPG
OMG the clowns in this park...super weird...we'll get to that in a minute.
IMG_1483.JPG
Condor. You know, things happen, and I REALLY wanted to ride it but I didn't trust my stomach this day so I had to pass :(
IMG_1486.JPG
Got it!
IMG_1487.JPG
Probably the same train...
IMG_1490.JPG
Seriously. Never thought in a million years that I would get this photo. Thank you TPR for getting me out of the USA!!!!
IMG_1497.JPG
Park logo on the ground near the entrance...
IMG_1498.JPG
OK So were hanging out, and this group of clowns walks over and one gestures to take my camera (iPhone) from me. So I hand it to him and he hands me his umbrella. He then proceeds to take this picture
IMG_1500.JPG
And this one....
IMG_1503.JPG
And this picture of a random little boy lookin all 'wtf?'
IMG_1505.JPG
And the only picture on my camera of my roommate. Hi!
IMG_1508.JPG
And this picture....and maybe 5 others but you get the point.
IMG_1509.JPG
You may not be able to read it but 'No se hace responsable' should really be the gist of it...
IMG_1510.JPG
Those evacuation arrows I mentioned at Six Flags Mexico lead to these areas painted on the ground. These are considered safe parts of the park and this is where you wait for further instructions if something crazy is going down.
IMG_1511.JPG
So yeah this turned out to be my favorite coaster of the trip. SOOO Intense!!! And the 4 point harness seatbelts added a nice element of being in for something serious. For real though watch the videos this ride is OMG serious. Keep it far, far away from SFMM!
IMG_1516.JPG
We ended our day at La Feria and packed up on the bus. This is an area of food venders right outside the park. Culture shot with 2 different Schwarzkopf coasters in it. Not bad, right?
Last edited by WFChris on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:33 pm.
My MEXICO adventures with TPR and MORE!!!!
TOUCH ME to read along

Postby WFChris » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:39 pm

We left La Feria to head to a park in a mall. I'm from like, the valley, so I was all like 'omg like, the mall! Get me there now! Omg I need a new pair of shorts because my striped shirts all look tacky with my plaid shorts so I totally need some solid shorts!' Seriously. I thought that.
IMG_1519.JPG
We took a long route around the outskirts of Mexico City to avoid traffic. These neighborhoods are fascinating.
IMG_1520.JPG
They just keep going and going and going and going...
IMG_1521.JPG
No doubt that this is the largest city in North America. It's LA sized with NY density.
IMG_1522.JPG
Hooray! We made it to the mall! Valley girl is satisfied!
IMG_1523.JPG
The park is called Divertido. It's actually in the State of Mexico, and RCDB seems to think it's called Perimágico.
IMG_1524.JPG
It had this unique flat and for the most part a bunch of children's rides and games.
IMG_1525.JPG
Huracan was the big boy coaster. A Tivoli.
IMG_1526.JPG
Magic Firetruck in a mall.
IMG_1527.JPG
This was the other credit in the park, our second Wacky Worm for the trip.
IMG_1528.JPG
We must make sure the Wacky Worm is well documented.
IMG_1529.JPG
This one is unique for the sake of our trip in the fact that it was our only coaster ride IN THE RAIN!!!!
IMG_1530.JPG
Worms get REALLY wacky in the RAIN!!!!
IMG_1531.JPG
This outdoor section had a few more rides, including a larger pirate ship. I think they inflated those balls in the pool just for us. I kinda felt bad when we all scurried back inside after the Wacky Worm, but I mean, I don't think any of us had any interest in playing with two giant balls in a 15'x15' pool.
IMG_1532.JPG
Probably the largest flat ride in the entire park.
IMG_1533.JPG
Entrance to the indoor coaster. This ride was really hard to take pictures of so that previous one and this sign are just going to have to work.
IMG_1534.JPG
We don't have much of this in California so it was really a novelty for me.
IMG_1535.JPG
hahahaha. Vicky Form....I feel like I've kinda seen this somewhere.
IMG_1536.JPG
Somebody told me I wouldn't see any Easter Bunnies in Mexico. They were wrong.
IMG_1537.JPG
I had never seen a random train driving around a mall before. This made me happy.
IMG_1538.JPG
The prices in that Cinépolis were VERY reasonable. Like, you can take your whole family to a movie reasonable.
IMG_1539.JPG
You can take them to see Oz El Poderoso....IN 3D!!!! That's it for today. We hit the road in the next update! Post your COMMENTS and we can discuss random things in the meantime!
TOUCH ME to read along

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby IronWolfman » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:17 pm

La Feria looks fun! Seems like a pretty solid park, excluding the reported ridiculous height limits.
I like the Tivoli in a mall, seems cool enough.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:39 pm

La Feria was really a nice multi levelled park to wander through. For myself, one of the neatest parts of it, was three walk-thru tunnels, created within the wooden coaster, to walk to other rides and flats on the other side. Very cool to do.

And Marvin was the clown with the umbrella, Chris. I think after your photo, he saw me taking the picture of the clowns and other people, then he scrambled up to where I was, took my camera away like yours ... then I stole his umbrella and ran away from him, HAH! Well, we made up, and got a great shot, together. A very sweet guy.

Continued excellent TR, Chris. I am having fun, re-living the tour through you.
And by the way, it was very nice to meet you on the tour. I hope you will do more
of the TPR tours in the future. Stateside, or overseas. Always worth it. :smile:

P.S, I forgot to add this photo, after your first posting. Nonetheless... it's of you and a few buddies at the restaurant we ate at, before the rest of you went to the Ballet Folklorico that evening.
Resize of IMG_1685.JPG
Here you are! The Three Muskateers.......and Laverne. :P <hugs Laverne> And you look almost wiped out already, Chris!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby WFChris » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:25 pm

^Thanks for the picture, Bill! I'm actually having a lot of fun writing this :)

I'm glad that everybody is enjoying the ride with me. If there is one thing I would like to do, it's to help people see Mexico in a different light then they might have thought it was.

Fun Fact! I visited Mexico City twice after this trip and already have at least two trips for next year planned. Really, really loved it down there, as I'm sure my trip companions could tell ya.
TOUCH ME to read along

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:51 pm

GREAT trip reports so far, and I can't wait to see more! Thanks for sharing, and I hope to get to Mexico on one of the future TPR trips.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simaticable » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:57 pm

Mexico seems pretty fun. Hopefully, one day I'm able to make it to these awesome parks.
Schwarzkopf was a genius; anything less makes you a moron. ;)

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:06 pm

The story about the lady at SFM taking you back to the kitchen is just awesome. I would never think something like that would happen in the US, even in the friendliest parks.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!