TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Today's Burning Question - Cedar Point or Walt Disney World?

Today's burning question!1228980250_todaysburningquestion.jpg.ca8eb9a84d87898f5340267be5e17f52.jpg

"Cedar Point or Walt Disney World?"

Which would you rather go to? And why? It's the largest "amusement" versus "theme" park resort in the USA!

Post your response below! When we get 100 responses we'll start giving away some bags of crap at random!

POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I'm not going to lean one way or another because the tides are changing in this household expecting a baby and all!

I was a Platinum Passholder for 2013 and it's a quick 3.5 hour drive to the Point. I've gone on more day trips than weekends to the Point. By going during the right time I haven't had an insanely busy day there since a Halloweekends trip two years ago. I am a coaster junkie so I really do love Cedar Point. You have the beach also which is great, even though I've only spent limited time on it. I mean with TTD beckoning more often than not I want to get back into the park.

As for Disney, the resorts are beautiful. There is a park to suit everyone. Funny thing is I don't think I've stepped into WDW since I was 11 or 12. I am now 25. Looking at the Trip Reports though it does look fantastic, but it would cost me a pretty penny to spend a week there. My fiancé has never been to WDW, and is far from a coaster enthusiast or theme park fan. Maybe when we go when our son is a suitable age she will have a change of heart. As of now she tolerates thrill rides for me (But I don't let her fool me I know she's having fun somewhere deep down!).

At this point, it may be some time before I get back to Cedar Point unless I can escape for a day with a few of the guys. I would say Disney is looking like it will move to the forefront in the coming years. And you know what? I'm actually excited about it. It will be a nice change. But you better be damn sure I'm going to sneak a trip to Universal in there too!

It is kind of a toss up on what a person is looking for. If it is extreme thrills than CP is the way to go. If you want a more laid back take your time enjoy the vacation than WDW would be the answer. For me, CP would be first priority, but for my kids.......well better get a big checkbook LOL.

Definitely Walt Disney World--not even a contest. While I enjoyed myself at Cedar Point this year (particularly Maverick and Millennium Force), I prefer a better overall "themed" experience to a straight-up roller-coaster park. CP can't compete with WDW as a resort, either.

I like CP quite a bit, but WDW is in a whole other league.

Hands down Walt Disney World! Let me preface this with I am a WDW junkie/fanboy.

Disney World is my favorite place to be. It goes to show a park/parks does not need to have the most amazing, tallest, fastest, craziest rides for guest to have a good time. There is something for everyone there. The detail they put into EVERYTHING is amazing. Everything is well thought out - from the next big attraction down to the little things like the gardens, outfits, details of the buildings, the awesome hidden Mickeys, etc.

I could just be lucky but I have never had a bad experience there either with guest, rides, operations, or staff. Disney has a way of making even the most simple of things awesome - like the Tiki Room show or its a small world. Even though they are kinda old they continue to pull in the numbers because they are just neat little things. Plus how awesomely bad is its a small world. After a long day of walking making that the last ride really lets your legs/feet rest for a bit.

Disney goes above and beyond for food. Not only do they offer the typical park food (burgers, fries, chicken tenders, etc) they also offer amazing offerings at award winning restaurants that not only give you an awesome menu but many immerse you into a story, time, or place.

The staff at WDW (or any Disney location) totally immerses their selves into their job (most from my experience). You are not just someone coming to an amusement park - you are their guest for the day and many show it. Let them find out its your birthday, anniversary, honeymoon, or you are just celebrating something. They will go above and beyond to make it memorable. Most of the crew that play characters research their character so they not only look like who they are portraying but act, move, talk, hold their selves, etc. just like that character.

Many times when a ride breaks down or malfunctions while you are on it they will give out a pass that allows you front of the line access to another ride. No one likes when this happens but at least they try to make it a little better.

Very tough question. It very, very heavily depends on who you're going with as well.

Disney World is wonderful for people who have kids who aren't ready for coasters that rocket over 100 mph to sky scraping heights. It's also usually a guaranteed good time when you're there with a good group of people as well, since everyone usually tries their best to have a good time there, and the Disney parks get a lot of respect by a very wide audience (in my point of view, at least).

Having been to Cedar Point a couple of times this year, I would most definitely devote that to a group of hardcore coaster riders, people looking for thrills, and not minding the fact they have to travel to a more northern area of the United States. A park with a lineup of nothing but the most thrilling coasters (and a few that are a few steps down) is something more that teens and young adults are probably more attracted to.

As for me, this might be my childhood talking, but I'd rather spend a few days in the happiest place on earth than 1-2 days riding intense Intamins. Don't get me wrong, I love Cedar Point. I just have a preference in the quality of rides and attractions than just riding thrilling rides.

Very tough question. It very, very heavily depends on who you're going with as well.

I think this sums up how I feel about it too. I love Cedar Point, I grew up with the park and watched them add any additions from the past 20 years with my own eyes. I've seen the park grow from no B&Ms to three, from viewing Magnum as the baddest coaster to being eclipsed by Millennium and Dragster. I've even worked there for a summer, so Cedar Point will always have a special place in my heart. That said, I haven't been able to go with my family as much as I've gotten older. My parents are no longer big thrill ride folks like they used to be. Any time I go to Cedar Point and have a great time nowadays its been with friends, not family.

I've only been to Disney twice, but the times I've visited I've mostly enjoyed. That said, they were both with family, and both visits everyone found things they really loved. I was a huge Space Mountain fan, my mom loved the Tiki room, my dad enjoyed Peter Pan, and my sisters both loved Dumbo. My parents had their best time at Epcot, and had a lot of fun walking around taking in the park. Me and my sisters preferred Spaceship Earth. There's such a great variety at Disney that its hard not to find something for everyone.

This is actually rather hard to decide. On the merits of just the atmosphere, food, and the story of the park, Disney wins hands down. If we include value, amount of rides, and the fact that I enjoy more thrilling rides I would have to go with Cedar Point.

That said I pick Disney World just for the fact that when I leave the resort I always feel satisfied that I've had a great few days, and I'm willing to return yearly (sometimes more than once). When I do go to Cedar Point its to get a new credit in and re-ride the "good" rides. I leave and don't feel a need to return until the next new ride they pump out.

Cedar Point wins all day every day...

I love Disney and all, being 23 I am kind of in the middle. If I go to Disney with friends I am kind of looked at weird. If I go to Cedar Point with friends its fun and we find people there our age. I know that Disney is for everyone, Besides drinking all around the world and the few roller coasters they have I much rather go to an Island of roller coasters. I am a roller coaster junkie after all.

While I do love Disney, I much rather be on the island of Coasters.

Disney World, absolutely. At any other amusement or theme park destination, I always come home feeling worse than when I left on vacation; with Disney parks, I feel totally relaxed all the while, and can enjoy all the rides/attractions/restaurants/shows etc. that much more. Cedar Park would be a good 2 or 3 day stay at most for me, Disney can be a week or two easy!

Kind of a "no-brainer" for me. As I find CP tied with SFMM as having the greatest collections of over-rated rides.

I mean, there are a couple good/great rides at CP (Maverick, Raptor), but WDW has such a great variety of rides, though not extreme, much more enjoyable.

So, WDW. By a wide margin.

Edited to add: The food at WDW is MUCH better overall.

Edited by OldJJman

I think the way the answers have gone so far tell the story. Hardcore "I must have big coasters" people are going to go with Cedar Point, unless they don't like their coasters. Besides them, I think most would pick WDW because overall it's a much better experience. Of course I could be biased considering the childhood memories I have from going there but I'm not too sure. For the record, I love big fast roller coasters and the like more than anything and Cedar Point is probably my favorite seasonal park, but I'll hands down take WDW. It also says something IMO when you are a huge roller coaster buff and your favorite Disney park and one of your favorite parks overall is Epcot, that has no coasters at all. This is the case with me. I'll be at WDW on Tuesday and can't wait!

This is a tough one. Disney World for sure for an extended stay of 5 days or more, since there is so much to do there. But if you just have a few days, there is no place better than Cedar Point! The rides, shows and food choices are exceptional. This is kind of comparing apples and oranges since they are such different experiences. I go to WDW every year and can't wait for May, but I also get to Cedar Point once or twice a year from Illinois.

It is 100% Disney World for me. I love super forceful record breaking roller coasters but when I am at Disney I don't miss them. The atmosphere, food and "magic" outweigh my need for thrills. Even now when Disney literally feels like a second home too me it is so familiar just knowing that hundreds of other people are experiencing the magic for the first time makes me happy.

Disney is also not lacking good rides. Not every ride has to be thrilling omgwtf awesome to count as one of my favorites. I happen to love Winnie the Pooh, and The Peoplemover(suck it Disneyland ) Disney also has several parks and each feels very different thus adding a lot of variety to the experience. Epcot has been my favorite park since I was 7 followed by the Magic Kingdom. Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom have always felt a little half done and slightly lacking in the overall feel. Something about Hollywood Studios while I enjoy the rides atmosphere is a bit off putting to me though I do love it during Star Wars weekends. Animal Kingdom has excellent atmosphere for most of the park(Dinoland USA... meh) but it seems to have a lot of untapped potential and it is the biggest pain to get around. Who's idea was it for a parade there... the paths are entirely too narrow without enough redundancy to avoid the parade route. However regardless of the short comings there is still the pervasive Disney magic that always makes me smile even when waiting forever to be seated at a restaurant. (I really like the flavor of the Disney Kool-aid... must be laced with a super addictive drug because I show more patience at Disney than I do at any other park ever)

Cedar Point is also not lacking good rides... good thrilling amazing rides or meh boring lackluster rides... but what it does lack is interesting food, atmosphere and theming. I am a sucker for good theming it may not break the experience for me but it certainly makes it. If I have to wait in a long queue I want it to be a pretty one. It makes for a better vacation when I can enjoy not just the rides but the spaces in between. I love it when a park takes some time to do some storytelling it just makes for an overall more enjoyable experience for me.

Location Location Location. Cedar Point unfortunately never had a chance if location is considered. Yeah the lake is pretty but being at Cedar Point you are pretty much stuck with Cedar Point and a meh water park. Disney has tons of options and the Orlando area no contest. If I am at Disney and really want some thrill rides I can head over to Universal, SeaWorld, or Busch Gardens Tampa. If I am at Cedar Point and want some awesome theming I am out of luck.

That is why for me... it is Disney World all the way!

Walt Disney World of course. Three words: Attention to detail. The way they design attractions, the way they cater to guests, the way they landscape their parks etc... Disney is the top dog of the amusement industry for a reason. They do it best. I could probably take a two week vacation to Disney and do something different every day (course I'd pay out my butt for it too haha).

Not that there's anything wrong with Cedar Point. I love Cedar Point! However, when it comes to overall experience, Disney wins by miles.

Edited by SFOGdude25

Definitely Walt Disney World. Cedar Point is a lot of fun and all with some fantastic coasters (Maverick), but Walt Disney World just has so much to it. Great rides, great food, and just so much to do.

I definitely have to choose Walt Disney World as it is basically a city in of itself. It is a wonderful all inclusive resort with endless options and experiences to be had. I feel that even a week is not enough time to experience all the resort has to offer. My most recent trip is the first time I spent a whole day at EPCOT and I would be happy to do that again!