Today's Burning Question - Cedar Point or Walt Disney World?

The top "amusement" versus "theme" park resort!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:23 am

Today's burning question!
todays burning question.jpg

"Cedar Point or Walt Disney World?"

Which would you rather go to? And why? It's the largest "amusement" versus "theme" park resort in the USA!

Post your response below! When we get 100 responses we'll start giving away some bags of crap at random!

POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!
Last edited by robbalvey on Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:14 am.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Re: Today's Burning Question - Cedar Point or Walt Disney Wo

Postby eastcoast » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:39 am

Okay I'm not going to lean one way or another because the tides are changing in this household expecting a baby and all!

I was a Platinum Passholder for 2013 and it's a quick 3.5 hour drive to the Point. I've gone on more day trips than weekends to the Point. By going during the right time I haven't had an insanely busy day there since a Halloweekends trip two years ago. I am a coaster junkie so I really do love Cedar Point. You have the beach also which is great, even though I've only spent limited time on it. I mean with TTD beckoning more often than not I want to get back into the park.

As for Disney, the resorts are beautiful. There is a park to suit everyone. Funny thing is I don't think I've stepped into WDW since I was 11 or 12. I am now 25. Looking at the Trip Reports though it does look fantastic, but it would cost me a pretty penny to spend a week there. My fiancé has never been to WDW, and is far from a coaster enthusiast or theme park fan. Maybe when we go when our son is a suitable age she will have a change of heart. As of now she tolerates thrill rides for me (But I don't let her fool me I know she's having fun somewhere deep down!).

At this point, it may be some time before I get back to Cedar Point unless I can escape for a day with a few of the guys. I would say Disney is looking like it will move to the forefront in the coming years. And you know what? I'm actually excited about it. It will be a nice change. But you better be damn sure I'm going to sneak a trip to Universal in there too! :lmao:

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby eddie200330 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:01 pm

It is kind of a toss up on what a person is looking for. If it is extreme thrills than CP is the way to go. If you want a more laid back take your time enjoy the vacation than WDW would be the answer. For me, CP would be first priority, but for my kids.......well better get a big checkbook LOL.
Life is a lemon and I want my money back????

He who farts in church sits in own pew.............

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:04 pm

Definitely Walt Disney World--not even a contest. While I enjoyed myself at Cedar Point this year (particularly Maverick and Millennium Force), I prefer a better overall "themed" experience to a straight-up roller-coaster park. CP can't compete with WDW as a resort, either.

I like CP quite a bit, but WDW is in a whole other league.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:07 pm

Hands down Walt Disney World! Let me preface this with I am a WDW junkie/fanboy.

Disney World is my favorite place to be. It goes to show a park/parks does not need to have the most amazing, tallest, fastest, craziest rides for guest to have a good time. There is something for everyone there. The detail they put into EVERYTHING is amazing. Everything is well thought out - from the next big attraction down to the little things like the gardens, outfits, details of the buildings, the awesome hidden Mickeys, etc.

I could just be lucky but I have never had a bad experience there either with guest, rides, operations, or staff. Disney has a way of making even the most simple of things awesome - like the Tiki Room show or its a small world. Even though they are kinda old they continue to pull in the numbers because they are just neat little things. Plus how awesomely bad is its a small world. After a long day of walking making that the last ride really lets your legs/feet rest for a bit.

Disney goes above and beyond for food. Not only do they offer the typical park food (burgers, fries, chicken tenders, etc) they also offer amazing offerings at award winning restaurants that not only give you an awesome menu but many immerse you into a story, time, or place.

The staff at WDW (or any Disney location) totally immerses their selves into their job (most from my experience). You are not just someone coming to an amusement park - you are their guest for the day and many show it. Let them find out its your birthday, anniversary, honeymoon, or you are just celebrating something. They will go above and beyond to make it memorable. Most of the crew that play characters research their character so they not only look like who they are portraying but act, move, talk, hold their selves, etc. just like that character.

Many times when a ride breaks down or malfunctions while you are on it they will give out a pass that allows you front of the line access to another ride. No one likes when this happens but at least they try to make it a little better.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby jokey » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:08 pm

I think I'm going to have to go with Cedar Point solely because the main draw for me at amusement/theme parks are rollercoasters, the theming is just a bonus if the ride has it.
Top 10
Maverick|Leviathan|Millenium Force|Griffon|TTD|Apollo's Chariot|Montu|Raptor (CP)|Behemoth|Sheikra

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:11 pm

Very tough question. It very, very heavily depends on who you're going with as well.

Disney World is wonderful for people who have kids who aren't ready for coasters that rocket over 100 mph to sky scraping heights. It's also usually a guaranteed good time when you're there with a good group of people as well, since everyone usually tries their best to have a good time there, and the Disney parks get a lot of respect by a very wide audience (in my point of view, at least).

Having been to Cedar Point a couple of times this year, I would most definitely devote that to a group of hardcore coaster riders, people looking for thrills, and not minding the fact they have to travel to a more northern area of the United States. A park with a lineup of nothing but the most thrilling coasters (and a few that are a few steps down) is something more that teens and young adults are probably more attracted to.

As for me, this might be my childhood talking, but I'd rather spend a few days in the happiest place on earth than 1-2 days riding intense Intamins. Don't get me wrong, I love Cedar Point. I just have a preference in the quality of rides and attractions than just riding thrilling rides.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby thejet » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:18 pm

Cedar Point hands down, no question! The holy grail for coasters. :br

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Yamez » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:26 pm

Midgetman82 wrote:Very tough question. It very, very heavily depends on who you're going with as well.

I think this sums up how I feel about it too. I love Cedar Point, I grew up with the park and watched them add any additions from the past 20 years with my own eyes. I've seen the park grow from no B&Ms to three, from viewing Magnum as the baddest coaster to being eclipsed by Millennium and Dragster. I've even worked there for a summer, so Cedar Point will always have a special place in my heart. That said, I haven't been able to go with my family as much as I've gotten older. My parents are no longer big thrill ride folks like they used to be. Any time I go to Cedar Point and have a great time nowadays its been with friends, not family.

I've only been to Disney twice, but the times I've visited I've mostly enjoyed. That said, they were both with family, and both visits everyone found things they really loved. I was a huge Space Mountain fan, my mom loved the Tiki room, my dad enjoyed Peter Pan, and my sisters both loved Dumbo. My parents had their best time at Epcot, and had a lot of fun walking around taking in the park. Me and my sisters preferred Spaceship Earth. There's such a great variety at Disney that its hard not to find something for everyone.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby rolercstrluvr » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:29 pm

I know I love the coasters at CP and can have a great time. I'd rather go to WDW as a whole, the parks can't even compete with each other as they're in completely different leagues. But to answer the question, id go to WDW any day over CP.
Gold Striker Ride count: 435

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!