The Official TPR Video Thread!

P. 162 - Roller Coasters in Russia!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Re: The Official TPR Video & Bag-O-Crap Giveaway Thread!

Postby rdngmikey » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:04 pm

I was able to go on this last month. It was a lot of fun albeit a bit rough and shaky, though not nearly as bad as some others that I have been on. It was overcast and rained a few times during the day, I wanted to go on this in the rain, but every time I came out of the tunnel heading for the lift hill it would stop raining. Oh well, at least I got a picture of it in the rain.
SAM_188402.jpg
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/a529ddfc5bcbf156ec8287930d8ec3d3.jpg[/img][/url]

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Musketeer » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:31 pm

I am usually up in San Jose about once a month in the spring time and I always love stopping by the Boardwalk on my way back down. I love the Giant Dipper. Great ride, great scenery, it's just perfect California!
Musketeer
SoCal Resident

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:18 pm

It's a nice coaster, though I really haven't noticed much airtime on it despite going on it dozens of times. I like it more for its old school feel to it.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:36 pm

Less than 10 comments left to go until we give away a Bag-O-Crap!

A not-so-awesome title

Postby molemaster43 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:17 pm

Seems to be a really fun woodie!

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:06 pm

How could it be one of the roughest coaster in the world? It looks like a fun coaster, I am planning to ride it because I love coasters with a long history. :b

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:10 pm

gerstlaueringvar wrote:How could it be one of the roughest coaster in the world? It looks like a fun coaster, I am planning to ride it because I love coasters with a long history. :b

Giant Dipper is very smooth for a wooden coaster, especially with the recent re-tracking that they did. It's nice to see SCBB taking good care of this ride. :)
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby rcdude » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:15 pm

Giant Dipper is probably my favorite classic woodie as while it isn't the most intense ride it is really fun and very smooth for its age, plus it has a great setting right on the beach. Definitely a must ride on a Northern California trip.
Top 5 Steel: Bizarro (SFNE), Nitro, Apollo's Chariot, Maverick, Banshee
Top 5 Wood: Boulder Dash, El Toro, Thunderhead, Gold Striker, Lightning Racer
Top 3 Parks: Holiday World, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Cedar Point
TPR Trips: IntimidaTour 2010, North East Trip 2011, LeviaTHON 2012, Mini Tours 2014 (New Hotness & East Coast)

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:05 am

XYZ wrote:
gerstlaueringvar wrote:How could it be one of the roughest coaster in the world? It looks like a fun coaster, I am planning to ride it because I love coasters with a long history. :b

Giant Dipper is very smooth for a wooden coaster, especially with the recent re-tracking that they did. It's nice to see SCBB taking good care of this ride. :)

I agree with the smoothness, I just remember seeing someone posted on another thread that listed 10 roughest wooden coasters in the world, with Coney Island's Cyclone on the 1st place, and Hades360 is not on!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:53 am

Five more comments to go and we'll give away a Bag-O-Crap!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!