Sea World (Australia) Wild, Polar Bear Cub & Storm Update

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Star Wars is gay.

Re: Sea World (Australia) Wild, Polar Bear Cub & Storm Updat

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:55 pm

Well this flew under the radar! How did I not see anything regarding this ride sooner?
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby AusCoasterFan » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:46 pm

Wow. Looks really good - well themed also. I will still dearly miss the Bermuda Triangle. That really would be hard to beat in my opinion.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:11 am

azza29 wrote:^The cynic in me does wonder if parks theme rides to disasters because it means they can get away with less maintenance on the themeing - i.e. Apocalypse at either SFA or SFMM.

Why wouldn't they? It's simple, and disasters are thrilling.

I didn't even know this ride was being built but now I have something to tell our Australian exchange student about and see if he's been to this park.

I think the theming looks really great, and I like how immersive it is for a seemingly simple ride. Sounds cold right now when it's like 40 degrees here but I believe it's summer there, so perfect timing?
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Does Not Support The Hobosexual Agenda

Postby Hurricane » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:10 am

Storm looks great! Village Roadshow certainly didn't disappoint. I'm hoping to get down to the park in the next few weeks to check it out :)

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby PCW_Nut » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:09 am

Wow! Honestly, I am kind of taken aback at how amazing this looks. Sure, the ride is simple enough but with the thematic elements added in and some neat tricks it really sets it apart from other water rides like this.

I'd love to have something like this nearby,

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:04 am

^Exactly--I just don't care for bare-bones flume and splash boat rides. I'm much more likely to ride something like Storm, Escape from Pompeii, or the log ride at Knott's.

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:16 am

Looks good! I am glad they built another one of these type of rides.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby vuurvogel » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:28 am

Great looking ride, excellent theming. Well done Ausies. I will come and visit one time. (More reason to go)

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby rosscoe » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:25 am

Great to see another new ride open on the coast, nicely themed as well. But too be a bit of a downer, I wish one of the Aussie parks would build something with a bit of length, I think the last ride that was longer than 90 seconds was Scooby Doo and thats at least ten or more years ago.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby ozziboy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:51 am

^ While I certainly wouldn't call it long, Abyss takes 2 minutes to ride which is more than 90 seconds! :)

Storm looks like a great addition to Sea World, which after years of nothing much, really needed something major like this to draw people back there, especially with the distance involved for those living way over on Australia's west coast.

Personally, I love these water-based splashy coasters, and if its as much fun as the Divertical splashdown I rode in Italy, crowds will love it.

I also think its style pays nice homage to Sea World's heritage, which has always had a water/fire based attraction in that spot; Both Lassiter's Lost Mine and Bermuda Triangle had dark ride, flame and splashdown elements.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!