Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: A TPR Japan 2013 Trip Report

Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:23 pm

<sighs>

I still :lover: Kawasemi.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:24 pm

Never doubt the power of the Mega Lite--and air-conditioned Ferris wheels are a brilliant invention!

Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:23 am

Robert, Great report of the Tobu day. Kawasemi is such an amazing ride and never gets old no matter how many times you ride. The heartful farm area was extremely well done and it's a shame that the zoo is not up to those standards. I personally think Tobu should scrap the zoo and focus on the amusement park.

Nrthwnd wrote:Great to see what you guys did before we met up, Neil.

This is Robert's report, not mine. My reports are nowhere near as good as this one. My journalism skills just aren't up there but I try.

Neil "Needs to ride Piraten" Tonge

Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:54 am

^You say to give up on the Zoo, but that's where they're making the bulk of their money and getting their guests through the doors. Would you believe that park saw 30k visitors in ONE day about a month before our visit? All due to those adorable tiger cubs we saw in the zoo. The zoo also was a LOT nicer than it used to be. Didn't seem nearly as terrible tiny typical Asian Zoo. The petting areas were nicely done and you could even go in the cage with lemurs! I'll gladly take the zoo if it means they'll put in a kickass ride like Kawasemi every 10 years!

Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:02 am

rctneil wrote:The heartful farm area was extremely well done and it's a shame that the zoo is not up to those standards. I personally think Tobu should scrap the zoo and focus on the amusement park.

Then they would have to change the name to "Tobu Notazoo."

Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:42 am

SharkTums wrote:^You say to give up on the Zoo, but that's where they're making the bulk of their money and getting their guests through the doors. Would you believe that park saw 30k visitors in ONE day about a month before our visit? All due to those adorable tiger cubs we saw in the zoo. The zoo also was a LOT nicer than it used to be. Didn't seem nearly as terrible tiny typical Asian Zoo. The petting areas were nicely done and you could even go in the cage with lemurs! I'll gladly take the zoo if it means they'll put in a kickass ride like Kawasemi every 10 years!

Wow, I did not know about that insane attendance figure. I take my comment back but do think that the zoo could do with an overhaul and maybe some more keepers as a lot of the animals didn't look too healthy.

Tobu Notazoo seems to roll off the tongue nicely! :-)

Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:12 am

Great report. Making me think I should try and write my own. I'm not so good with the words or the pictures though.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:25 am

Great TR so far!

I'm glad to see them running Kawasemi without a full train. I wonder if they were mainly doing it because you guys and/or the Intamin rep were there?

On my visit last Fall, they wouldn't run it without a full train. Since the park was very slow, that often meant waiting for 10-20 minutes. Luckily, there was one period where there were a bunch of people riding a few times each, so I got a bunch of rides during that time, plus a few other scattered rides. But I'd have definitely ridden a bunch more times, if it hadn't meant sitting there for so much longer.

Luckily, there were still two more Mega-Lites on that trip with TPR in China, with filming sessions on each, so we could get a bunch of rides!

Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:49 am

I for one am on board with the intamin mega lite kickstarter fund and will happily donate whatever is necessary to make on of these a reality in the u.s.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:09 pm

Hey, everyone, thanks again so much for the very kind comments!

rubysparkles wrote:Great report. Making me think I should try and write my own.

PLEASE DO! We all did and saw different things (per Elissa's comments above, now I'm definitely going to see Tobu's zoo the next time I'm there) and I am personally addicted to TPR photos and stories from Japan. ;)

x2isawesome wrote:I for one am on board with the intamin mega lite kickstarter fund and will happily donate whatever is necessary to make on of these a reality in the u.s.

A mighty oak grows from the smallest acorn. WE CAN DO IT! ;)

David H wrote:Luckily, there were still two more Mega-Lites on that trip with TPR in China, with filming sessions on each, so we could get a bunch of rides!

I had forgotten that there are at least two Mega-Lites in China!
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS