A TPR Japan 2013 Trip Report

Or "I think I'm turning Japanese; I really think so."
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: A TPR Japan 2013 Trip Report

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:23 pm

<sighs>

I still :lover: Kawasemi.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:24 pm

Never doubt the power of the Mega Lite--and air-conditioned Ferris wheels are a brilliant invention!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby rctneil » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:23 am

Robert, Great report of the Tobu day. Kawasemi is such an amazing ride and never gets old no matter how many times you ride. The heartful farm area was extremely well done and it's a shame that the zoo is not up to those standards. I personally think Tobu should scrap the zoo and focus on the amusement park.

Nrthwnd wrote:Great to see what you guys did before we met up, Neil.

This is Robert's report, not mine. My reports are nowhere near as good as this one. My journalism skills just aren't up there but I try.

Neil "Needs to ride Piraten" Tonge
TRIPS:
West Coast Tour 2009 - || - Middle America 2010 - || - IntimidaTOUR 2010 - || - Best of China 2012
Taiwan 2013 - || - Japan 2013 - || Scandinavia 2014
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5a7b5ea10f265e536d315d1bd5a624a7.jpg[/img][/url]

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:54 am

^You say to give up on the Zoo, but that's where they're making the bulk of their money and getting their guests through the doors. Would you believe that park saw 30k visitors in ONE day about a month before our visit? All due to those adorable tiger cubs we saw in the zoo. The zoo also was a LOT nicer than it used to be. Didn't seem nearly as terrible tiny typical Asian Zoo. The petting areas were nicely done and you could even go in the cage with lemurs! I'll gladly take the zoo if it means they'll put in a kickass ride like Kawasemi every 10 years!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:02 am

rctneil wrote:The heartful farm area was extremely well done and it's a shame that the zoo is not up to those standards. I personally think Tobu should scrap the zoo and focus on the amusement park.

Then they would have to change the name to "Tobu Notazoo."

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby rctneil » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:42 am

SharkTums wrote:^You say to give up on the Zoo, but that's where they're making the bulk of their money and getting their guests through the doors. Would you believe that park saw 30k visitors in ONE day about a month before our visit? All due to those adorable tiger cubs we saw in the zoo. The zoo also was a LOT nicer than it used to be. Didn't seem nearly as terrible tiny typical Asian Zoo. The petting areas were nicely done and you could even go in the cage with lemurs! I'll gladly take the zoo if it means they'll put in a kickass ride like Kawasemi every 10 years!

Wow, I did not know about that insane attendance figure. I take my comment back but do think that the zoo could do with an overhaul and maybe some more keepers as a lot of the animals didn't look too healthy.

Tobu Notazoo seems to roll off the tongue nicely! :-)
TRIPS:
West Coast Tour 2009 - || - Middle America 2010 - || - IntimidaTOUR 2010 - || - Best of China 2012
Taiwan 2013 - || - Japan 2013 - || Scandinavia 2014
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5a7b5ea10f265e536d315d1bd5a624a7.jpg[/img][/url]

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby rubysparkles » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:12 am

Great report. Making me think I should try and write my own. I'm not so good with the words or the pictures though.
Twisted Colossus, I305, Skyrush, Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Maverick.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby David H » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:25 am

Great TR so far!

I'm glad to see them running Kawasemi without a full train. I wonder if they were mainly doing it because you guys and/or the Intamin rep were there?

On my visit last Fall, they wouldn't run it without a full train. Since the park was very slow, that often meant waiting for 10-20 minutes. Luckily, there was one period where there were a bunch of people riding a few times each, so I got a bunch of rides during that time, plus a few other scattered rides. But I'd have definitely ridden a bunch more times, if it hadn't meant sitting there for so much longer.

Luckily, there were still two more Mega-Lites on that trip with TPR in China, with filming sessions on each, so we could get a bunch of rides!
Check out my Photo Trip Report from my Epic Asia Trip! Tons of coasters and a good helping of culture too! The first legs in Japan and Korea are done, and now we're up to the TPR China trip!
Photo TR: David's EPIC Asia trip! TPR China + Japan, Korea, and Taiwan!

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby x2isawesome » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:49 am

I for one am on board with the intamin mega lite kickstarter fund and will happily donate whatever is necessary to make on of these a reality in the u.s.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby RoCo » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:09 pm

Hey, everyone, thanks again so much for the very kind comments!

rubysparkles wrote:Great report. Making me think I should try and write my own.

PLEASE DO! We all did and saw different things (per Elissa's comments above, now I'm definitely going to see Tobu's zoo the next time I'm there) and I am personally addicted to TPR photos and stories from Japan. ;)

x2isawesome wrote:I for one am on board with the intamin mega lite kickstarter fund and will happily donate whatever is necessary to make on of these a reality in the u.s.

A mighty oak grows from the smallest acorn. WE CAN DO IT! ;)

David H wrote:Luckily, there were still two more Mega-Lites on that trip with TPR in China, with filming sessions on each, so we could get a bunch of rides!

I had forgotten that there are at least two Mega-Lites in China!
"The Internet? Is that thing still around?"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!