A TPR Japan 2013 Trip Report

Or "I think I'm turning Japanese; I really think so."
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Re: A TPR Japan 2013 Trip Report

Postby RoCo » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:27 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:I :lover: ultra twisters! All of 'em. In great shape...or the other shape.

Great flashback to Nagashima Spaland! I want to go back to Japan. Seriously.

Thanks, Bill, and agreed on all points! I am looking forward to discussing the merits of Rusutsu's Ultra-Twister. That puppy is coo coo ca choo.
"The Internet? Is that thing still around?"

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:33 pm

My first thought when I saw the Ultra Twister for the first time was, "Oh, hell no!" Shockingly good ride.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:38 pm

Just to add on, I found the ultra twister to be much smoother, when hitting the brakes, etc.
Two years before that, when the coaster and corkscrew were on the other side of the park,
ooooeee there were at least two brake STOPS, not slow downs. Very abrupt, throwing you
forward into your OTSR. This time, a -ma-zing. :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Generic Name » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:00 pm

Loving the trip report! Seeing that Ultra Twister makes me kinda mad that Six Flags left theirs to rust away in Baltimore after they removed it from Astroworld (did they eventually scrap it?). It would've been great at SFNE.

I also love how the jet coaster is supported as a trestle; it isn't the only one to do that and honestly more coasters should be like that.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby rctneil » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:09 am

Great report yet again Robert! I totally missed the dark ride! Yet another reason to head back sometime.
TRIPS:
West Coast Tour 2009 - || - Middle America 2010 - || - IntimidaTOUR 2010 - || - Best of China 2012
Taiwan 2013 - || - Japan 2013 - || Scandinavia 2014
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5a7b5ea10f265e536d315d1bd5a624a7.jpg[/img][/url]

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby AJMouse » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:38 am

Great report! How many pendulum rides would you say they've got there in total?

Postby RoCo » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:42 pm

cfc wrote:My first thought when I saw the Ultra Twister for the first time was, "Oh, hell no!" Shockingly good ride.

LOL, exactly!

Generic Name wrote:Loving the trip report! Seeing that Ultra Twister makes me kinda mad that Six Flags left theirs to rust away in Baltimore after they removed it from Astroworld (did they eventually scrap it?). It would've been great at SFNE.

I also love how the jet coaster is supported as a trestle; it isn't the only one to do that and honestly more coasters should be like that.

Thanks, and yeah, that is one reason I really do want to try out the Jet Coaster some day. Very cool looking ride.

rctneil wrote:Great report yet again Robert! I totally missed the dark ride! Yet another reason to head back sometime.

Thanks, Neil! It was only when I was researching the park for this report that I realized just how big the whole resort is – there's so much to see. I'd love to spend a couple of days there, do the water park, etc.

AJMouse wrote:Great report! How many pendulum rides would you say they've got there in total?

Thanks! I was able to get photos of at least six, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were one or two more I'm forgetting.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby soldier148 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:54 pm

I was just saying to myself, all they need is a good B&M. Right after that I saw they were getting a Manta clone for next year. =)

Postby RoCo » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:35 pm

^And I'm digging the name "Acrobat," too!

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby spongey » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:32 am

Awesome report as always Cokes!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!