Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Adventureland Long Island!

Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:16 pm

Thanks for sharing! I love the color scheme! The perfect color combinations for a perfect addition to Adventureland. It's nice to see that Sierra Sidewinder isn't the only Mack spinner in the US anymore!

Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:36 pm

^ Definitely! If this one is as good as Knott's, it's definitely going to be a hit! Glad to have a Mack spinner closer to home!

Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:22 pm

Brassinthegrass how easy would it be to get to the park from the Long Island Rail Road? I've just realised the parks open while I am at a wedding in New York. And could possibly make it on Sunday the 12th of April. Assuming the new coaster is open by then :)

Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:22 pm

Farmingdale station on the LIRR is the closest, there are usually taxis near by... Shouldn't cost you more than a few bucks to get a ride... Fair warning though, sometimes LIRR is hard if your not on the right line, and it could cause you to have to go all the way to Jamaica Queens to transfer!

With the weather we've been having, and the speed at which their building this thing, I don't really think it will be open by the time you come sadly...

Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:02 pm

Drove past the park today on my way home. Does not seem like a lot has been going on, but given the fact that we have had multiple days of Stowe the past 2 to 3 weeks, that's not that surprising! Enjoy!

image.jpg
Sorry for my finger! I was driving away and people were judging me...
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Tue May 05, 2015 11:00 am

Turbulence started testing on Saturday. Not my video, just found it on youtube.

Not too spinny in this run but I'm still very excited.

Tue May 05, 2015 1:29 pm

This looks like a lot of fun. I'm not sure if it looks like enough fun to justify sitting in Long Island traffic though. I'm still debating that...

Tue May 05, 2015 1:38 pm

Park has announced May 22nd as opening day for the coaster.

If someone needs help with Long Island Railroad, I can help. I work at the college across the street from Adventureland. School will be out by then, but I plan to come in to work to get some rides in!

Tue May 05, 2015 2:52 pm

I hope to get out to Adventureland this summer with my 6 year old cousin. If this addition is anything like Sierra Sidewinder, the park has a winner on its hands.

Wed May 06, 2015 9:09 am

Good to see the Hurricane was saved, as it went to Race City in Panama City Beach FL.
http://rcdb.com/12395.htm
Unfortunately this place gets terrible reviews.

I plan to hit all the coasters in NTC the 2nd week of June. According to coasterbill, I should avoid Long Island (and thus Manhattan I assume) on a weekend? Not sure if I'll be driving or parking somewhere and taking trains.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS