Eurofighter for Adventure World, Perth

Pg. 13 - Abyss POV Video
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Eurofighter for Adventure World, Perth

Postby cfc » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:03 am

Nice to see it testing.

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:52 pm

The pacing looks perfect!

Unlike some other companies out there, Gerstlauer actually knows how to produce ejector airtime!
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby johnnyknottsville » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:50 pm

Wow that makes me think of didn't someone just recently post a topic about being able to see airtime in a pic or just by looking at a hill? Well after watching this video and seeing the train take that hill you can not only see the airtime I felt it through my computer screen :lmao:
I'm back
OoooWe I didn't come here to play with you woes... hahaha. I came here to Slay Biotch!!!...Um hmm I like cornbread and collard greens biotch...yous better believe it!!!

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby australianalex » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:08 pm

Sheezus it sure takes that airtime hill fast, even more so than Saw which already delivers some pretty strong airtime. I never thought I'd say this but I hope the MCBR comes on a little stronger than the test video, because the transitions of the elements following it will probably be brutal.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Location: Perth, Australia (3500 kms away from the nearest Intamin)

Postby deano » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:03 am

After almost a week of visiting Adventure World in the hope of seeing it testing, I managed to time it right today.

Watching it do test runs, the main things that stood out for me were...

1. It's so quiet, it's almost silent. I've ridden new coasters before (no Eurofighters yet) and have never heard such little noise from a ride.
2. Airtime hill looks more intense in person, wow!
3. I could barely hear or see the MCBR engage, let's hope they leave it like this when it opens.

Another minor thing I noticed is that the hooded figures look to be installed in a way they ever so slightly rock and sway in the wind, don't know if it's just because the theming and landscaping isn't finished yet but it kinda looks even more creepy with them moving about.

The end of the month cannot come quick enough.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=Abyss_1_mzug

DSC06458.JPG
Abyss from across the pool
DSC06459.JPG
DSC06456.JPG
Abyss behind Kahuna Falls
DSC06457.JPG
DSC06455.JPG
Entrance sign still not installed
DSC06430.JPG
DSC06432.JPG
DSC06433.JPG
DSC06434.JPG
DSC06436.JPG
DSC06438.JPG
DSC06441.JPG
DSC06442.JPG
DSC06443.JPG
DSC06454.JPG

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Location: Perth, Australia (3500 kms away from the nearest Intamin)

Postby deano » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:25 am

Article from today's West Australian.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/wa/19395857/edge-of-abyss-for-thrill-of-a-ride/

image.jpg

German service technician Martin Daxle makes the final checks on Adventureworld's new roller coaster. Picture: Mogens Johansen/The West Australian
A ride on the Abyss will challenge the bravest of thrillseekers.
Adventure World gave the roller-coaster a test run this week ahead of its official opening on November 1.

The cart was surrounded by darkness as it began to wind up and down and around corners.

Riders spent much of the journey upside down, with countless twists and turns around the track.

Anticipation built on the 30m climb to the roller-coaster's peak as the vertical incline left riders feeling as though they would fall out of their seats.

The inverted track on the drop that followed set the exhilarating pace for the rest of the ride, which sent the coaster on a series of bends and loops.

For Gerstlauer service technician Martin Daxle, the experience made all his hard work worth it. "I have worked on roller-coasters for the past 26 years and I love my job," he said.

Mr Daxle and his team have worked on the Abyss seven days a week for seven weeks.

Adventure World chief executive Mark Shaw was one of the first to ride the Abyss.

He felt scared but not of the ride itself. "My only fear was whether it was going to live up to expectations, and it did," he said.

Mr Shaw said once the finishing touches were completed, the track would be encased in complete blackness for the first part of the ride, adding to the thrill.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Blue Fire Guy » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:56 pm

Lovely looking coaster, just watching the testing vids I can just FEEL the extreme ejector air! :airtime:

Looks like it'll be a great addition to Adventure World, nice to see lesser known parks getting put on the map. I am however a bit worried about this Eurofighter having OTSRs, as I hear that most Eurofighters that have them get brutal, fast. :vekoma:

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:18 pm

^Especially when the vehicle looks EXACTLY like Fluch von Novgorod's...

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby ozziboy » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:36 am

^^ I know there are plenty of coasters that can be brutal with OTSR's, but in my experience the Eurofighters don't seem to be one of them.
I quickly looked back at a handful that I could recall, and all but one did have OTSR's; yet in my experience they all rode without the slightest knock.

Dare Devil Dive at SFOG was the last one I rode without OTSR's, but I wouldn't have even remembered without checking. Saw at Thorpe; Untamed at Canobie Lake; 'Eurofighter' at Fasanolandia; Mystery Mine at Dollywood; all had OSTR's of various designs but were completely bash-free rides IMO.

^^^^ Thanks for the video deano, and I agree Abyss seems to run extremely quiet!! I've heard of steel tracks being filled with sand to avoid reverb noise upsetting local residents, and wonder if that technique was done for Abyss - considering Perth people tend to quickly complain to the local council about loud noise from anything! :roll:

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:56 am

^Saw did have one kink at the bottom of the drop when I rode it a few weeks back, but like you I didn't find it nearly as bad as most people make it out to be on here.

Also, I think Eurofighters are just generally quiet installations. Not sure that they fill their supports or track with sand, though - maybe it's just the lightness of the cars.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!