Eurofighter for Adventure World, Perth

Pg. 13 - Abyss POV Video
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Eurofighter for Adventure World, Perth

Postby ozziboy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:16 am

^I'm interested to see what the game involves; They've gone to great effort with all their PR work for this so far!

Adventure World has now also posted tonight's local media report: :b

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby australianalex » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:46 pm

Really surprised at how good the theming looks!
Abyss is a pretty cool name, too.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:59 pm

It's official! Adventure World announces Abyss, a Gerstlauer Eurofighter to open this November!

Play the online game and you could be the first one to ride!

THE CHOSEN ONES: THE FIRST TO PLUNGE
INTO ADVENTURE WORLD’S ‘ABYSS’

Following months under lock and key and surrounded by the tightest security, Adventure World has chosen Friday the 13th to reveal the name, logo and story behind the theme of its new $12 million world class roller coaster “Abyss” due to open this November.

Abyss will plunge the brave souls who travel on it into a black hole to experience adrenaline pumping exhilaration. The theme of ancient druid Guardians of the all-powerful Abyss has inspired both the coaster's theme and an online game, The Chosen Ones. The Chosen Ones – is an online team-based treasure hunt with a money-can’t-buy prize. The two teams who complete the game and collect the most points will receive the priceless experience of being the very first to ride the coaster at the official red carpet VIP launch event. Each team will also receive a total prize package valued at $750 including season passes and official merchandise. The Chosen Ones game story starts at the dawning of time, where Guardians have been protecting the world from the dark power of the Abyss. A rogue is now in search of the stones that will unlock this unearthly power. The Chosen Ones need to find the stones and stop the rogue from unleashing the dark power of Abyss on the world.

This unnerving and eerie theme will encompass the entire roller coaster area at Adventure World. The landscape will feature 30 nine foot
tall Guardians scattered throughout the mysterious terrain. Massive upturned trees with exposed roots will create a spooky underworld
atmosphere. An intimidating themed arch will loom overhead the entrance and create the feeling of impending doom. With ancient stone statues and foreboding themed soundtrack, the mood will be ominous as thrill seekers wait to experience the power of the Abyss.

CEO of Adventure World, Mark Shaw, said his entire team was incredibly excited about the announcement of Abyss, particularly because this latest milestone brings the launch of the coaster one step closer. “We think the name reflects what is going to be a white-knuckle ride filled with trepidation of the unknown, the likes of which visitors to any theme park in Australia won't have experienced,” Mr Shaw said.
“And we’re absolutely thrilled to give eight fearless riders the opportunity to be in the first carriage at the VIP and media launch event, simply by playing The Chosen Ones online. We have a feeling this competition is going to attract unprecedented interest and we believe it’s going to be one of the most talked about prizes.”

The Chosen Ones online game will be live at 12.13AM on Friday 13th September at http://www.chosenones.com.au. Registrations are open now. The official Facebook page is
http://www.facebook.com/TheChosenOnesOfficial

Boasting the latest and most advanced ride technology in Australia, Abyss will reach -1 to 4.5 G-Forces – a thrust greater than that experienced during a space shuttle launch.

Already billed as Australia’s most thrilling rollercoaster, Abyss is the single largest investment at Adventure World since it launched in 1982 and features a unique 10 storey high vertical lift, a more than vertical 100 feet drop, giant G-Force turns and head spinning twists.
The Gerstlauer custom built coaster also includes four inversions through daylight and a secret dark ride section as well as a zero-g-roll, rollover loop, cobra roll and inline loop. Offering a hair raising journey over 630 metres, riders will experience turns, drops and disorienting twist while they travel in the open air and in the dark. Adventure World opens its doors for the 2013/2014 season on 26 September 2013.

Season Passes are available at discounted early bird rates until 30 September 2013 via Adventure World reception and at adventureworld.net.au.

Adventure World_Abyss_Roller Coaster_ Logo.png

Adventure World_Abyss_Roller Coaster with backdrop.jpg

Adventure World_Abyss_Roller Coaster_Archway.jpg
Adventure World_Abyss_Roller Coaster_The Chosen Ones.jpg
Last edited by ernierocker on Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:05 pm.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Blatch » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:26 pm

Australia needed some sort of bright spot out of this winter season, and it looks like they got it with this awesome looking coaster. If you know my home park, you know that I'm excited for any park that can afford to put in a Eurofighter. And hey, that online game sounds like something Hershey would do. :cool:
Half of my posts on here are of me talking about roller coasters, but without me actually having rode them. I hate this.

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:44 am

So we have the final layout! Turns out it was as most people predicted.
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Location: Perth, Australia (3500 kms away from the nearest Intamin)

Postby deano » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:37 pm

Track work completed, the full layout is now visible. Hopefully they are not far away from testing but there is no sign of cars onsite yet.

It looks like they have started taking delivery of the theming as well.
Panorama 1.JPG
Tower in all of it's through the trees glory
Panorama 3.JPG
DSC05962.JPG
DSC05963.JPG
DSC05964.JPG
DSC05969.JPG
Overbank or inversion?
DSC05970.JPG
DSC05972.JPG
DSC05973.JPG
DSC05974.JPG
DSC05977.JPG
DSC05978.JPG
DSC05979.JPG
DSC05981.JPG
Theming has arrived! looks like the hooded figures to me
DSC05982.JPG
Track below ground level, a possible tunnel section?
DSC05983.JPG
DSC05985.JPG

Mr. October

Postby JimmyBo » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:52 pm

Thanks Awesome! Looks like Superman is going to have a run for it's money being the best coaster in Australia. I'm glad the Aussies that don't get out much get to experience a Euro-Fighter. Those coasters are insane and awesome!

Jimmy "Dingo ate my baby!" Bo
Do not believe this post!

90% of the time, I am sarcastic all the time...it's science!

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:01 am

Love it!
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Blatch » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:01 pm

^^^ :lover:
Half of my posts on here are of me talking about roller coasters, but without me actually having rode them. I hate this.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Gav » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:46 am

JimmyBo wrote:I'm glad the Aussies that don't get out much get to experience a Euro-Fighter. Those coasters are insane and awesome!

Jimmy "Dingo ate my baby!" Bo

If they don't get out much then I reckon a trip over to Perth is probably a rarity for them too haha...Awesome we have a Eurofighter in the country, but Perth is a bit of an isolated city and a 3-4 hour flight from the populated eastern states where the rest of our parks are.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!