Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Eurofighter for Adventure World, Perth

Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:49 am

^Your right, the airtime hill is wicked, the most ejector air I've experienced, the headchopper just tops it off too.

Probably goes without saying but the indoor section is pitch black, looks like a few lights were on and/or doors left open in the pov.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:08 pm

robbalvey wrote:Here is the POV that the park sent us:

Seems like a quality little ride!

Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:27 am

Very impressed - looks like another quality ride for Australia. I've never been to Perth (and it's a long way from anywhere, really!) but would love to take a trip out there to ride this thing and see what else the place has to offer.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:13 am

DJeXeL wrote:I've never really been a fan of how Gerstlauer brings the vehicle to a complete stop prior to engaging the lift.

It's the way the lift works:
(Picture by rcrider4)

Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:24 am

Perth's Adventure World had reports in the local press over the last two days. Several posts back it was mentioned how their castle accidentally burned down during the fireworks to open the Abyss coaster.

Yesterday's story was that they were definitely going to rebuild the castle during the next winter. WA Today
But today, they're saying they'll take the insurance payout and may use it elsewhere at the park. WA Today

I'm hoping that means another new attraction :b , but it's not really a lot of money in that context.
While the castle was iconic to the park's history/theme, to me it always existed without any real purpose as an attraction; other than a lookout it had nothing else inside and was not the tallest point in the park by any means (the nearby hilltop is currently occupied by a drop tower and speed waterslide). So while I don't like to see it just demolished and the insurance money absorbed into operating costs, I'd be happy if its removal was in order to replace it with something more exciting.

I'm just throwing this idea in myself, but while the park is very water-oriented with slides, tubes and pools, Perth doesn't have a River Rapids ride or a Splashdown, which are 2 of my favourite rides!

And elsewhere in Perth, another park, The Maze, just added a new water attraction to their existing maze features. WA Today

Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:59 am

^^I know how their lift design works but still don't like it. ;)

Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:07 pm

I actually agree with not rebuilding the castle! My logic is that the new castle will not be as good as the old castle nor as iconic. It needs a new icon, or maybe a new ride, but it needs to be ionic.

Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:25 pm

Adventure World is opening a new slide in a couple of weeks for the upcoming summer season. It will be the world's tallest and longest Proslide Tornado!

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

g.jpg

h.jpg

i.jpg

j.jpg

k.jpg

l.jpg