Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Rheinkirmes 2013

Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:20 am

How is the XXL?

Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:29 am

From what I've gleaned looking at TRs like this one, the rides at German fairs always seem to look nice, clean, and well maintained, which is more than I can say for fairs in the U.S.

Need to ride Olympia Looping one of these days.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:47 pm

cfc wrote:Need to ride Olympia Looping one of these days.

Yup, me, too, and I'm glad to see it looking brand new. Long may she roll.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:25 pm

I'd love to see something else in our fair circuits around here that's NOT a Pinfari... Butler Amusements loves Pinfari coasters so much that they recently acquired a 2nd identical Zyklon.

Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:04 am

^Except for kiddie coasters we hadn't any brand new coasters since Euro-Star which went quite fast as it got rough very fast. The last *new* coaster we had was showman Steiger Teststrecke - the used Schwarzkopf Double-Loop Laser. After Euro-Star I think no showmen wanted to take the risk of buying a new non-Schwarzkopf portable coaster - which are proven to run smooth and reliable after 30 years.

After Laser I hope - even if those hopes are small but no one thought an old Double-Loop would return from the US - that Thriller will return someday and will be restored to its original layout. Finally returning to the fairs after being neglegted so many years in the US and Mexico... :roll:

Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:46 am

^I stated in another thread it would be cool to see a showman buy the portable EuroFighter (like Typhoon @ Bobbejaanland). The first Zamperla motocoaster I believe had a fixed foundation as well. Would be nice to see something new and exciting again.

Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:36 am

^Would be great to see!

Also wondered if Vekoma ever considered making a portable Boomerang?

Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:12 am

^There are a few Vekomas out there with a fixed foundation, though I wonder how feasible it would be transporting that wider track.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:06 am

Rheinkirmes was great!
Me and Ledgy had a lot of fun.
Turns out that beer and schnaps are an ideal combo to do the fun houses :lol:
And Olympia Looping is still one of the best coasters in the world! Amazing how smooth and intense a 24 year old coaster can be. Anton sure knew how to make legendary coasters back in the days.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:46 am

^already miss it ;) But am sure happy to have been there last week when temps were a little lower.

^^at least some Whirlwinds look as if they are portable:

Source: rcdb
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS