Good Eating Outside of Theme Parks

Know any good local joints? Share them with us!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Good Eating Outside of Theme Parks

Postby cfc » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:06 pm

Here's another suggestion for those of you seeking a good beer with your meal in Williamsburg: the DOG Street Pub in Merchants Square. They have an extensive selection of brew on tap and in bottles, in addition to some good "pub style" food, such as Shepard's Pie (excellent), Bangers and Mash (also great), and damn good burgers.

This used to be the Suntrust Bank Building.

Beer!

Fish and Chips, anyone?

401 West Duke of Gloucester Street
Williamsburg, VA 23185

Take Rt. 60 (a left turn) toward Williasmsburg as you leave the park. (This street is also known as Pocahantas Trail and York Street.)
Turn left on Francis Street (this will take you past one side of Colonial Williamsburg).
Turn right on S. Henry Street. The pub is on the left as you go through the stop sign. (Parking lots are available. Some are free, others charge a fee.)

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby dippindotsguy8 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:54 pm

Valleyfair

Lunch or Dinner: Lion's Tap is an awesome burger joint with a very simple menu and amazing food. It's about ten minutes away from the park.

-16180 Flying Cloud Drive, Eden Prairie, MN-

Also lunch or dinner:Buffalo Tap is also a great restaurant with a variety of burgers, wings, etc. They also have the juicy lucy, which if you don't know is a burger with the cheese inside the patty. It's located in Savage on highway 13, roughly 10 or 15 minutes from the park.

-4990 W 123rd St. Savage, MN-

Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

Lunch or Dinner: Fat Lorenzo's features amazing pizza, hoagies, pasta, and gelato. They have two locations, one in Minneapolis and one in Bloomington (which is about five minutes from the mall).

-311 West 84th Street, Bloomington, MN-

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Tanks4me05 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:37 pm

If anyone ever travels all the way out to Sylvan Beach, a couple hundred yards away is Eddie's restaurant; a really good diner/Italian restaurant that's been there since 1934, and it even still has a full-on soda bar.
Last edited by cfc on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:50 pm.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:54 pm

^Found a link to Eddie's Web site and updated the thread index. Thank you to everyone who's contributed so far. Keep those recommendations coming!

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Sun May 05, 2013 8:20 am

OK, I finally got around to checking out another local breakfast joint that many locals like. I've driven past it many times, but never bothered to stop there until yesterday:

Astronomical Pancake and Waffle House
5437 Richmond Road
Williamsburg, VA
(This is the location I tried. They have another restaurant closer to Colonial Williamsburg and the College of William & Mary, but I can't dig up an address for it--it hasn't been open very long.)

If you're into HUGE FREAKIN' PANCAKES covered with all sorts of stuff, this is the place for you. I couldn't even finish my pecan pancakes. There were two of them, both the size of a dinner plate! Yes, it's pretty touristy, but I can forgive that if the food is good.

There's a new diner in town that I've heard good things about, too--hope to check it out this week.
Astronomical Pancake House 02.jpg
Hard to miss this sign as you leave Williamsburg on Rt. 60.
Astronomical Pancake House 03.jpg
There's a hotel for visiting workers behind the place, too (mostly college students).
Astronomical Pancake House 01.jpg
Yep--there are two HUGE FREAKIN' PANCAKES on that plate, and they give you both whipped cream and butter. I could only finish half.
Last edited by cfc on Sun May 05, 2013 8:21 am.

I'm from SoCal, feel bad for me!

Postby What Now » Sun May 05, 2013 10:01 am

A Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles is being built near DLR as we speak. I don't have an exact address, but I believe it'll be on Harbor/Chapman.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Blind Idiot God » Sun May 05, 2013 7:50 pm

If you're taking the southbound stretch of I-91 to SFNE and don't mind going slightly out of the way, there are countless awesome little sandwich shops and whatnot in Northampton.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Xmeister » Sun May 05, 2013 7:55 pm

I would always love to go to Perkins either after a long day at work during my Disney College Programs or after a long day in the parks in Orlando whether it was Universal, SeaWorld, WDW, or Busch. :b

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Sun May 05, 2013 8:07 pm

^Hmm--Perkins is a pretty good sized chain (like Cracker Barrel) and, therefore, does not qualify for this thread. We're looking for locally owned restaurants (or regional chains, at the most).

Piers' latest smashpiece

Postby Joe Cool » Mon May 06, 2013 10:22 am

Awesome thread Chuck!!!

For outside of Six Flags St. Louis the places I would pick would be Joe Boccardi's- JoeBoccardis they got great Italian food and pizza.
128 Boccardi Lane
Eureka, MO 63025
636-938-6100

My second place would be if you are looking for some quality BBQ stop at Super Smokers- SuperSmokers
601 Stockell Drive
Eureka, Missouri 63025
(636) 938-9742

Both places are only a couple minutes away from the park!!
DUCKS FLY TOGETHER!!!!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!