Good Eating Outside of Theme Parks

Know any good local joints? Share them with us!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Good Eating Outside of Theme Parks

Postby Living_Dead » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:44 pm

cfc wrote:Sigh . . .

From the "ground rules" for this thread:

2. Remember that this must be a locally owned restaurant--no big chains.

I would call IHOP a "big chain."

oop i apologize.
:oops:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:41 pm

TOTALLY forgot about this thread. . but I have one from our recent trip to Tampa: Shells (less than 5 minutes from BGT).

here's what I wrote about it in my trip report:

He recommended a seafood place near BGT called “Shells” that he claimed was really good, and was a small Tampa chain. He said everyone he’s sent there has loved it, so we took him at his word and gave it a shot.

A true throwback restaurant, it looked like it hadn’t been touched since built in the 70’s. The hostess stand was in the shape of a rowboat! With a big bar in the center, and lots of tacky aquariums and netting throughout. Oh, and the music playing was 70’s soft rock. .it was PERFECT for us and I loved it immediately. Majority of the food options were fried (of course!), but I ended up with blackened fish with a spicy sauce that was very good. . and the fried clam and Seafood Dip appetizers were very good too.

Nick had a chowder, and I confused the waiter by asking if it came with Oyster Crackers, since he loves those and really wanted some. The waiter was thrown, since he thought I was asking for oysters. .LOL.. young-uns. (it came with saltines instead). The deserts looked like straight out of 70’s diner, but we were so full, didn’t even order any. . and the bar drinks all sounded good . . makes sense since there was a huge bar in the center of the restaurant, but I was avoiding alcohol all trip, since I was already being bad on my diet. . so didn’t try those either.

Unfortunately no pics of the restaurant, since both phones were in the room charging, but if you get to Tampa check out the place, it was very good and right around the corner from BGT – we saw the fireworks from the Kinetix show on the way back to the hotel after eating.

some pics from the web:

Last edited by bert425 on Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:44 pm.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Mater » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:43 pm

There's a REALLY good Taco Bell a few blocks away from California's Great America.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:52 pm

^

cfc wrote:Sigh . . .

From the "ground rules" for this thread:

2. Remember that this must be a locally owned restaurant--no big chains.

I would call Taco Bell a "big chain."

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby shadox17 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:54 pm

Mater wrote:There's a REALLY good Taco Bell a few blocks away from California's Great America.

Sarcasm not sure.jpg

Postby Mater » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:56 pm

There's a meh mom and pop cheesesteak place next to the amazing Taco Bell ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:57 pm

^ A cheesesteak place in California.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:58 pm

Beat me to it. ;)

Man, now I want some Jim's.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby Mater » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:59 pm

I know right?

I'm always so scared to eat California Rolls whenever I leave the state. Especially in the ones really far from CA. I mean, you never really know how long they've been on the road.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby GCI Wooden » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:11 pm

So, this one could go for Spirit Mountain in Duluth (They have an alpine coaster and one of those Soaring Eagle Ziplines, so it counts as a park).

Blackwoods Grill & Bar in Duluth has some of the best meatloaf I've ever had. Seriously, it's amazing.

It's at the intersection of 35 and London Rd/61. Here's the link to place on Google Maps
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!