Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Good Eating Outside of Theme Parks

Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:18 pm

Ok this one might be a bit of a stretch however, Tarpon Springs has some PHENOMENAL greek food.
Attachments
Screenshot 2016-06-01 at 4.png
But might be a bit of a drive.
Screenshot 2016-06-01 at 4.png (62.85 KiB) Viewed 2845 times

Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:25 pm

^ yep , it is a bit of a drive, more of a side trip. But yes, I agree, there is some fantastic food at the docks.
Attachments
hellas-restaurant.jpg
not my pic.
hellas-restaurant.jpg (146.28 KiB) Viewed 2821 times

Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:02 am

Mel's Hot Dogs, just outside Busch Gardens Tampa at 4136 E. Busch Blvd. Tampa, FL 33617. http://www.melshotdogs.com/

It was a 7 minute walk from the park entrance. Founded by a native of Chicago over 40 years ago after he realized he couldn't get an authentic Chicago style Vienna Beef hot dog in Tampa. He he started importing hot dogs from Chicago himself.

Personally I still prefer the tinge of garlic in New York hot dogs, but it was certainly worth the stop. A little over $10 total for the meal I bought.
Attachments
20160811_152806.jpg
20160811_152918.jpg
Menu Board
20160811_153600.jpg
Bacon Cheddar Dog with Onion ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings. Also, unlimited refills on soft drinks.
Last edited by larrygator on Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:02 am.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:12 am

Right beside California's Great America is an IHOP which is attached to a hotel. The IHOP is very reasonable, and is a great place to eat breakfast before entering the park.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:50 am

Living_Dead wrote:Right beside California's Great America is an IHOP which is attached to a hotel. The IHOP is very reasonable, and is a great place to eat breakfast before entering the park.

Really? If your going to eat at a megachain you might as well go to the Krispy Kreme around the corner from Great America Parkway on Mission College Blvd. You won't get stuffed to the brink on mediocre food that might make you throw up on one of the rides. And if you live in SF then just eat at one of the many great cafes there before coming to CGA.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:52 am

Sigh . . .

From the "ground rules" for this thread:

2. Remember that this must be a locally owned restaurant--no big chains.

I would call IHOP a "big chain."

Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:03 pm

Pigeon Forge is known for pancake houses and kitsch, but if you are looking for something completely different, I found Smokies Cuban Cafe. It's on the southbound side of the main Parkway, about a mile from the park. A little piece of Havana (or Miami) in eastern Tennessee, and I thought it was fantastic.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:08 pm

They opened a chipotle near six flags America.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:10 pm

djackson wrote:They opened a chipotle near six flags America.

Read the post literally two posts above yours. Two...

cfc wrote:Sigh . . .

From the "ground rules" for this thread:

2. Remember that this must be a locally owned restaurant--no big chains.

... Two

Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:39 pm

This fits since its technically not on the piers and its a local business. I may have posted it in here a while back but I'll post it again because I eat it when I'm not even hungry. Its hard for me to pass it and not stop.

If you are in Wildwood/at Moreys and want the best slice is pizza in the tri-state area, BEHOLD. They put butter in the cheese and it makes for the greasiest YET most delicious freaking pie I've ever had in my life.

https://www.facebook.com/Macks-Pizza-117212971631749/
Attachments
mack__s_pizza_by_hatter23-d544ehy.jpg
macks2.jpg
macks3.jpg
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS