New B&M trains on Steel Dragon

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

New B&M trains on Steel Dragon

Postby Trevor » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:07 pm

Steel-Dragon-Nagashima-002.jpg
Here's the artwork

What do you think about the new B&M trains on Steel Dragon? I'm personally very surprised. I never thought that B&M could make a trains for a Morgan coaster! :O
th720_2a22695226e9e594a02b497c98ffa7ba.jpg
The front of the new trains is like most of the B&M hipers
th720_ef647a40692359b1b9979202d291103a.jpg
As you can see, the the train has also the old Morgan wheels and assembly
th720_040902fdf8385fa0b29f31c3562b84be.jpg
Remember the old trains?
th720_03253bed243e93b530c20b4154d3dd9f.jpg
This is how it looks now. Pretty nice, isn't it?
Last edited by Trevor on Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:26 pm.

Star Wars is gay.

Re: New B&M trains on Steel Dragon

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:10 pm

This has B&M rolling stock now?

Interesting, I only know of Psyclone (and Colossus backwards) as a non-B&M with their trains.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Lareson » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:17 pm

This isn't a TOGO, it's a Morgan. This was basically the coaster that caused Morgan to go into bankruptcy, due to the $50mil price tag of all of the steel supports to make it up to the earthquake code.

I'm kind of surprised that B&M did this, but the results look completely awesome! Wonder if this is something B&M is looking into, making replacement trains for non B&M coasters. The original Morgan trains were lemons anyways and luckily with it SBNO for those 3 years, kept them on there a bit longer until they could get proper replacements.
The man may keep me down but opinions are my own.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby josephcissell » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:35 pm

^ Interesting that B&M did this.. It certainly does leave you wondering if they have plans to make replacement trains for other non B&M coasters as you mentioned. I would love to see B&M trains on Magnum XL-200 at CP or Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood. The resulting B&M train definitely looks great! I'm sure it rides way better than those old Morgan trains too.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby jokey » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:39 pm

It would be interesting to see if B&M makes replacement trains for TOGO stand up coasters. Amazing trains on a terrible ride.
Top 10
Maverick|Leviathan|Millenium Force|Griffon|TTD|Apollo's Chariot|Montu|Raptor (CP)|Behemoth|Sheikra

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Cyrbuzz » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:44 pm

These trains are definately more eye pleasing than those Morgan trains. It will be interesting to see what other coasters will get a B&M makeover.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simaticable » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:46 pm

I imagine that TPR will be hitting this on their Japan Trip, so I'm hoping that we get a review of the new trains once they do ride it. B&M is surprising me this year with backwards rows on some of their coasters and now new trains for a coaster they never worked on before.
Schwarzkopf was a genius; anything less makes you a moron. ;)

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby MrSum1_55 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:46 pm

B&M trains are the best trains on the market, and I think every hyper coaster should have them, even Intamin hypers. (Although Intamin does make better layouts, B&M makes superior trains)

I would love to see other Morgan coasters, such as the Cedar Fair Morgan trio, receive these trains. They have potential to be very solid rides, but the coffin trains do hinder the experience. Although I do like Phantom's Revenge's trains, just about anything would be an improvement over Magnum's trains. However, some of the annoying CP fanboys would probably kick and scream about ruining a classic to make it a good ride.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby Aceattack52 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:48 pm

It is interesting to see that B&M did this. Now that they have the plans to make these new trains, hopefully they will be able to make them more easily for other Morgan hypers and we will be able to see them coming to other parks soon.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Koasterking48 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:56 pm

ANYTHING would be an improvement over Magnum's lap bars. They are just awful and especially painful on the bunny hops. I would much rather have these trains since the clam shells are really comfortable :)

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!