Top Roller Coaster Myths & Rumors!

What are the most common or outlandish?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I own the website www.donkey.com

Re: Top Roller Coaster Myths & Rumors!

Postby WOFanatic » Tue May 03, 2016 6:18 am

(I'm hoping nobody has said this yet). My favorite is the myth known as centrifugal force. It's a completely fictitious force, and it still boggles my mind that parks still use it for marketing purposes.
Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Maverick 3. Monster (Adventureland) 4. Outlaw Run 5. Beast 6. Storm Chaser (Kentucky Kingdom) 7. Incredible Hulk 8. Goliath (Great America) 9. Mystic Timbers 10. Rougarou

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Johnlloyd » Tue May 03, 2016 7:09 am

There's been a rumour that has been going around for years at Canada's Wonderland where a maintenance worker was decapitated during the initial testing of Thunder Run. :)
Canada's Wonderland is my home park!

Check out my amusement park blog here!

The playground is where I spend most of my days

Postby UrbanLegend » Tue May 03, 2016 7:55 am

Imagineer Josh wrote:I heard a lot of people talk about Giant Drop at SFGAm decapitate someone, because their hair caught on the ride cords.

Nah it'll just rip the cornrows out of your scalp.

Source: The Gang Goes To The Jersey Shore, from the documentary It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
-Did you just say you have the right to be an attorney?
-Well, everyone has the right to be an attorney, if they want to.

I make music: https://tigercastle.bandcamp.com

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Tue May 03, 2016 7:58 am

Just in case anyone has forgotten... Let's not forget that Magnum XL-200 is SINKING!!
Bigger is not always better.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Johnlloyd » Tue May 03, 2016 8:04 am

Another ridiculous rumour at Canada's Wonderland is Mighty Canadian Minebuster has never had any of it's wood replaced! :)
Canada's Wonderland is my home park!

Check out my amusement park blog here!

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby WOFanatic » Tue May 03, 2016 9:03 am

DoinItForTheFame wrote:Just in case anyone has forgotten... Let's not forget that Magnum XL-200 is SINKING!!

It's only about 150 ft. tall nowadays. Therefore let's start speculation on a new B&M hyper.

I also heard from one of my friends before that Prowler is faster than Mamba.
I've even heard Patriot is relocated.
Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Maverick 3. Monster (Adventureland) 4. Outlaw Run 5. Beast 6. Storm Chaser (Kentucky Kingdom) 7. Incredible Hulk 8. Goliath (Great America) 9. Mystic Timbers 10. Rougarou

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Comeagain? » Tue May 03, 2016 9:35 am

WOFanatic wrote:(I'm hoping nobody has said this yet). My favorite is the myth known as centrifugal force. It's a completely fictitious force, and it still boggles my mind that parks still use it for marketing purposes.

Centrifugal force is an apparent force. And is the one that might actually mean something in media.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Swede » Tue May 03, 2016 12:41 pm

...that an old Schwarzkopf Looping Star had the train get stuck upside down at the top of the loop for over an hour before the riders could be rescued.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby baileybrucem » Tue May 03, 2016 1:38 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:I remember hearing that when Mr. Freeze was testing, the heads flew off all the dummies.

Also, that a rider fell off Timber Wolf trying to change seats at the top of the lift hill.

A girl did fall off of the Timberwolf as it was ascending the hill, and it happened because she was trying to change seats. The park then added lap bars AND seat belts. That one's true. Sad, but true. :?r
University of Michigan class of 2019. Civil engineering, because someone has to design coasters, right? Umich drumline 2016
And you thought cymbals weren't impressive.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Tue May 03, 2016 2:22 pm

Swede wrote:...that an old Schwarzkopf Looping Star had the train get stuck upside down at the top of the loop for over an hour before the riders could be rescued.

I guess you could say that one is partially true as a train did in fact get stuck upside down on a Schwarzkopf shuttle loop in Belgium.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!