Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Top Roller Coaster Myths & Rumors!

Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:42 pm

Thisisruss wrote:There are some Alton Towers enthusiasts that seem to think that Nemesis has one train that is 3seconds faster than the other.

At Lagoon, the Green and Pink Trains on Wild Mouse do Travel Faster than the Blue, Yellow, and Maroon Trains and the Blue Train on Fire Dragon Runs Faster than Green and Red, when they are Empty, so it could be possible. If I hadn't operated these Coasters myself, I wouldn't believe such a thing, but the PLC and Timers don't Lie.

Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:50 am

On X Flight, If you are in the backseat and you have a quarter in your lap, when you go through the inverted drop, the person on the opposite side of the train, in the front, will catch it. Kinda a new twist on the quarter loop myth.

Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:58 am

kcurry11 wrote:Kinda a new twist on the quarter loop myth.

This isn't a myth. Don't work with all loops, though.

Sun May 01, 2016 4:27 pm

I heard a lot of people talk about Giant Drop at SFGAm decapitate someone, because their hair caught on the ride cords.

Sun May 01, 2016 10:17 pm

Sorry I'm not reading 19 pages of comments so if this has already been said I'm sorry.

If you put a coin on your knee while on drop rides it will float and you can catch it again at the bottom. But if it hits someone in the head it will kill them. (I actually have a scar from where a nickel hit my arm while waiting for Supreme Scream.)

Sun May 01, 2016 10:24 pm

When Orphan Rocker at Scenic World Australia was testing the ride was so violent that it threw the sandbags off the cliff and into the forest below. I went for a job interview there and they said that is a complete myth.

Mon May 02, 2016 9:40 pm

coloradocoasterguy wrote:If you put a coin on your knee while on drop rides it will float and you can catch it again at the bottom.

It's possible on Demon Drop! It usually floats up to about eye level by the time you hit the pullout.

Tue May 03, 2016 4:40 am

MARK wrote:When Orphan Rocker at Scenic World Australia was testing the ride was so violent that it threw the sandbags off the cliff and into the forest below. I went for a job interview there and they said that is a complete myth.

The GP isn't finished...

Tue May 03, 2016 4:42 am

Schrecken wrote:The one that sticks in my mind the most is that several people have been decapitated over the years when they tried to stand up on Space Mountain at WDW (which of course isn't true).

Well as the Cult of Skank Mountain (I'm in it :P) knows, it's all possible :devil:

Tue May 03, 2016 5:07 am

PixelRush wrote:
Schrecken wrote:The one that sticks in my mind the most is that several people have been decapitated over the years when they tried to stand up on Space Mountain at WDW (which of course isn't true).

Well as the Cult of Skank Mountain (I'm in it :P) knows, it's all possible :devil:

I most definitely smacked a support with my hand on WDW's Space Mountain. Not on purpose, and it did not feel good at all. Not sure how fast you have to be going or what kind of force needs to be exerted to decapitate someone though.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS