Everland & Lotte World TR

A park index update
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Everland & Lotte World TR

Postby Garet » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:18 am

So here is my yearly update for Everland and Lotte World. I won't lie, i've actually had really bad luck with Everland on my past 3 trips, I still love the park but i'm probably going to take a break for 2013 (since the new ride is an expansion to the safari ride to see more of the zoo animals) and head back in 2014. The last 3 trips we've had T Express has been closed due to winds since Everland is situated on a hill-side,the ride shuts in extremely low winds especially in the colder temperatures. (http://www.everland.com/service/front/front2Pop.do) Sadly no park can help the weather but Everland seems to really struggle without its big people-eater to the point where every ride has a wait from 40-2 hour lines and I mean every ride, even the kiddy rides and chairlifts to get around the park. T Express also closes early for the fireworks nearby so if the weather hasn't improved by mid afternoon they tend not to open it at all since last time we were there the ride operators came out and sweepers went in around 3pm despite the lady at the entrance pointing at the sign that said it may open if weather improves. The q-pass option here is only available on T Express, the safari ride and the rapids and since it is a system where you show a ticket and someone hands you a pass, people tend to grab all 3 in the morning and i've seen people grab them twice if they catch the different staff member of the 2 so they run out extremely quickly.

This was also my first year trying out the water-park and I was sadly really disappointed. We opted to go on a $50 day in september instead of a $70 day in august. We had heard from the students that weekdays its pretty quiet but being teachers we had no choice but to go on a weekend after getting in and lining up to purchase the $30 dollar cash wristbands which we needed to purchase the mandatory life jackets for the pools we looked at the waiting times and they were mostly over 2-2 and a half hours with an hour wait for even the ordinary speed slides. If they were running at full capacity it wouldn't have been an issue but it turns out that on a $50 day you will only get half capacity. Most slides have mirror images, an A and B side for crowds but all B sides were closed or on slides with only one lane they would have half the slides closed, on the 4 aqua loops only ran 2 of them, and the master blaster with its 3 slides on each side (3 at the top to the middle splash pool and then 3 in the middle on each side for a total of 12) despite having water flowing down them all was only using 1 of them.

The other issue was the extreme queue jumping, despite signs saying it was against the rules we were constantly being asked to move on the safari world by ride attendants to let 2-3 people through to join the 1 person holding a spot was annoying but it was nothing compared to the water-park for the aqua-loops and raft rides, where people couldn't even ride together since it was only 4 people rafts or in the aqua loops case 1 person. Since they only let 1 raft down at a time and the aqua loop you had to have a briefing on ride position (and still surprisingly a lot of people weren't making it round the loop and had to be rescued) the line jumping of the slides easily added almost 30 minutes to each of our already 2 hour lines.

One tip for Everland is that although I love the crazy low fireworks and the show that is almost a complete rip-off of Fantasmics plot line, the top spin and top scan tend to really quieten down at the end of the day when most people watch the lights parade and night time fireworks.

On the other hand Lotte World was much improved compared to my previous visits, the second the park got busy they had their fast passes opened for every ride even the ones with no queues, they had a really huge selection of fast pass rides available and their system was the same as Disneys where you scanned your ticket and could get another in an hour or two, though the more popular rides like indiana jones rip-off and atlantis ran out quite fast, we got plenty of tickets and unlike Everland where we got 4 rides/slides done on our trip, we got most of lotte world done and never felt too rushed or worried about how to get on the rides we wanted (it also helps Lotte World has really long opening hours). One thing I really liked was the little things Lotte World added to improve even ordinary rides, there is a tram that goes round the inside of the park, for christmas the tram would stop halfway through the park, a marching band would appear and the ride operators would dance with the driver to the music. While people were watching the staff and bands, Santa Claus would appear join in the dance and then ride the rest of the tram journey with the kids before running off just before the station so the people waiting in line don't see him and go back to the mid-way to surprise the next group of kids. A little touch but it was really well done and all the staff of the attraction were really devoted to making it play out perfect each time, the kids really loved it.
P1050453.jpg
Welcome to winter in Everland
P1050490.jpg
New for 2011 Pororo 3D, Pororo is a hugely popular young kids cartoon here in Korea.
P1050461.jpg
Pre-show
P1050463.jpg
P1050466.jpg
Doc Brown is making a flux capacitor for the blue penguin
P1050471.jpg
Here's where the flux capacitor will go
P1050472.jpg
Theming touches
P1050474.jpg
Pororo, the hero of the show, the kids went crazy when he appeared
P1050480.jpg
Interesting note, even though there are booster seats a lot of children were still quite short, any seat with the penguin cover couldn't be sat in so the theater is only ever half full.
P1050485.jpg
Before the 3D film started some people in costume came out, our students who went on a field trip to see this were really disappointed there was no meet and greets available
P1050489.jpg
Only a cut-out to pose with
P1110571.jpg
This was new, I think it's a kids cafe, it was pay to use so I didn't really look into it.
P1110572.jpg
New for 2012, the 3rd chairlift this one a gondola
P1110618.jpg
Station #1
P1110612.jpg
Station #2
P1110610.jpg
P1110577.jpg
P1110608.jpg
Also new Madagascar stage show, this was also up charge so I didn't see it.
P1110570.jpg
Sorry forgot to include the ride rules for Pororo
P1110579.jpg
Lots of people
P1110580.jpg
We finally found the end of the safari ride line because there was a certain bear to see.
P1050512.jpg
Huh........
P1110604.jpg
Since this is Korea, they have taught a bear to dance Gangnam Style
P1110607.jpg
Since the chairlift had a 40 minute wait to take you halfway up the park, we walked.
P1110613.jpg
The ferris wheel is permanently closed but instead of being removed it's been left as a memorial.
P1110615.jpg
P1110616.jpg
This sign in Korean says after 18 years of service Eagle's Fortress was retired, maybe it's also been left as a memorial since it sits on the hill slowly having the tress grow over it.
P1110617.jpg
but the english sign promises hope :P
IMG_0905.JPG
The flume ride has some strange rules for the ladies.
P1110636.jpg
Night at Everland
P1110637.jpg
P1110642.jpg
P1110614.jpg
Forgot to include the Ferris Wheel memorial photo

Re: Everland & Lotte World TR

Postby Garet » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:31 am

Lotte World
IMG_1217.JPG
Sad news, the donkey is no more.
IMG_1215.JPG
They'd upgraded their desperados to become 3D
P1050382.jpg
They really did have fast pass for everything, and for all those moaning about disney enforcing their windows look how short the window was on the lotte world rides
P1050437.jpg
They had a new fountain show but the whole theater was empty except for me, I wonder if the new talk to the white whale attraction will go here, since it seemed a shame the theater was so empty.
P1050441.jpg
It had fire
P1050443.jpg
an angel thing
P1050447.jpg
and lots of water
P1050451.jpg
It really wasn't very interesting, most of the time it was just a small water fountain I had to wait 10 minutes just to take these "interesting" pictures
P1050388.jpg
Finally after 3 years rode the balloon ride and got this signature shot
IMG_1218.JPG
No drunk, pregnant women
IMG_1219.JPG
Lottle World had a lot of angry bird merchandise.
P1050389.jpg
I'll end this update with my photos from the balloon ride
P1050390.jpg
P1050392.jpg
P1050394.jpg
P1050400.jpg
P1050401.jpg
P1050402.jpg
P1050408.jpg
P1050411.jpg
P1050414.jpg
P1050418.jpg
P1050421.jpg
P1050424.jpg

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:16 am

Thanks, I'll make updates to the Park Index when I have some free time.

3D Desperados II, I like it.
Last edited by larrygator on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:17 am.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Postby Garet » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:46 am

I was mistaken after a visit to the goddard groups facebook page it seems the new beluga ride is in a different place from the fountain show. As much as I found Lotte World much improved and with a huge selection of fastpasses this year, I do wish they would relax the rules about not queuing in the actual queue lines and making people wait outside the entrances, even with this new ride they have people waiting in the walkways and during peak weekends it can be really crowded and a lot of people use it to line jump.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby rockysam382 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:11 pm

Hey I'll be making a trip to Seoul later this year and is the line-jumping at both Lotte World and Everland really bad? Also, is T-Express closed very often?

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:45 pm

Great TR! Enjoying it a lot.

And I laughed when i saw this shot, forgetting
what the attraction actually wasn't (Disney), there.
Resize of p1050411_0.jpg
And I like the "open hill" part of what I suspect is the start of this ride?
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Garet » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:43 am

rockysam382 wrote:Hey I'll be making a trip to Seoul later this year and is the line-jumping at both Lotte World and Everland really bad? Also, is T-Express closed very often?

It can be quite annoying but it doesn't impact the ride times so much I feel, I hear the park is dead most weekday mornings and stays that way until mid-afternoon when people from schools start going once class has finished. However i've been on weekdays where there are tons of children on school trips so you never know, sometimes it can be dead and other times its busy but mornings are generally quiet. T express closes more in the autumn and winter since its colder it runs in much much lower winds, it was 20C yesterday so now there is warmer weather again hopefully it won't be closed so often. They normally close it during January or February for the month anyway to give it it's annual rehab since its so cold then it can't run that often anyway, now it should be open quite a lot until winter comes round again, I think i've just been super unlucky this year. Keep in mind the ride and line for it will close early to make sure there is no-one on it once the fireworks show starts.

Hope this helps.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby rockysam382 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:19 pm

Appreciate your help!

Sure hope T-Express is open while I am there because it'd be a real bummer to go all the way and find it closed? Nonetheless Everland still looks like one awesome park!

Does Atlantis Adventure tend to get closed in chilly or snowy weather as well? Or for that matter the outdoor rides in both parks?

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:20 am

I loved both those parks. T- Express is still my favorite woodie.

Postby Garet » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:50 am

Everlands Teaser website for the 2013 expansion to the safari ride: http://www.everland.com/web/lostvalley/teaser/main.html Click the word valley to see the pictures. As much as I would love it to be a rhino rally kind of style ride at the end, I do remember them having similar artwork when they expanded the tiger safari to include the elephants, giraffes and zebras and in the end that just turned into a 180 bend around a small giraffe and elephant pen with the zebras on the outside of the curve being added to the original route. Although all those animals were removed after 2 years ready for this expansion and they were doing a lot of land clearing on my visit last spring so this could be a pretty big expansion. If i can snag a weekday morning off, I may try and go grab some pictures of the new upgrades.

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive