SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (SEAS) Corporate Thread

P. 35: Sergio Rivera named as new CEO
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: NEWS: SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment goes Public!

Postby Airtime&Gravity » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:50 pm

If the deal does go through, why would that mean that Busch Gardens or Sea World's quality would go down? If Six Flags plays their cards right, couldn't this result in a boost in the quality of Six Flags parks? It all depends on the terms of the deal and who from Sea World's management is brought into Six Flags. Sure Six Flags buying Sea World could cause quality to suffer, but it could also prove to motivate Six Flags to improve service quality at all their parks. Just playing devils advocate.

That being said, I would be shocked if this deal went through in the end in the first place.

Way Close to Knoebels!

Postby Josh Linn » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:07 pm

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby beatle11 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:14 pm

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Location: Houston TX Former Astroworld since 1999, then Kemah Boardwalk

Postby historyfreak92 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:19 pm

I'm worried about if this ever happens, they might remove Kraken, Manta, Great White, Steel Eel, & I mean change the classics, I'm really worried!

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:42 pm

^ Why would they remove popular rides that (as far as I've heard) run perfectly fine?

I'm kinda having a hard time deciding what I think about this because Six Flags parks are all over the place. You have parks like MM or La Ronde on the bad end of the spectrum but then you have parks like GRAm, SFOG, or DK on the good end. I do like that SF has experience with animals and they could help on the ride side (Iron Gwazi anyone?) but I'm also worried that you would see Kumba trains wrapped in Stride Gum ads and Superman flying over Shamu. What I still don't get is why Six Flags would even want to do this in the first place.

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:43 pm

^^If Six Flags buys the parks, the last thing you'll have to worry about is them removing the coasters entirely...

Now, disassembling them to be reinstalled in different parks in the chain and marketed as if they were new? More their style.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:45 pm

historyfreak92 wrote:I'm worried about if this ever happens, they might remove Kraken, Manta, Great White, Steel Eel, & I mean change the classics, I'm really worried!

Your posts are really lacking in common sense.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:49 pm

historyfreak92 wrote:I'm worried about if this ever happens, they might remove Kraken, Manta, Great White, Steel Eel, & I mean change the classics, I'm really worried!

Although I shudder at the very thought of "Six Flags Williamsburg," I doubt they would do something like that. In fact, I doubt that anything will come of this, but who knows?
Last edited by cfc on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:50 pm.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Koasterking48 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:52 pm

deathbydinn wrote:^ Why would they remove popular rides that (as far as I've heard) run perfectly fine?

I'm kinda having a hard time deciding what I think about this because Six Flags parks are all over the place. You have parks like MM or La Ronde on the bad end of the spectrum but then you have parks like GRAm, SFOG, or DK on the good end. I do like that SF has experience with animals and they could help on the ride side (Iron Gwazi anyone?) but I'm also worried that you would see Kumba trains wrapped in Stride Gum ads and Superman flying over Shamu. What I still don't get is why Six Flags would even want to do this in the first place.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Ride rotations and their sellout ads everywhere

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby boardwalkbullet91507 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:56 pm

Is this legit? Oh goodness.. there does not need to be two Six Flags parks in San Antonio.

Benefits: One season pass (maybe), maybe a broader ride selection.
Cons: Ummmmm... they speak for themselves. Plus, Six Flags just emerged from Chapter 11.

I love Sea World and Fiesta Texas, but this... this can't be happening.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!