SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (SEAS) Corporate Thread

P. 35: Sergio Rivera named as new CEO
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (SEAS) Corporate Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:57 am

That's great news! I love this strategy of building enough super cool things to change the conversation. The more people associate Sea World with fun, the better off we all are.

Postby coasterbill » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:48 am

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby grsupercity » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:50 am

At this point I might as well put my hat in the ring for Sea World and Six Flags and see if they bite. They have been burning through CEO's
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby sfkk » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:28 am

This is getting ridiculous. He probably had Scott Ross and the board breathing down his neck. They need to actually give the CEO some liberty and creative control in the future if they want to retain one. Reilly would have been perfect, he has been with the company a long time and loves the parks but nope he wasn’t good enough either and now he’s at Palace.

Also, this is the EXACT SAME REASON Antorcha gave for his resignation. “According to the release, Rivera said his resignation was due to disagreements over the board’s involvement in the decision making at SeaWorld.”

It’s obvious Scott Ross just wants someone to be a figurehead for the company and his personal b**** boy and these executives are not going to take it. There needs to be some major self reflection in the upper management of this company. The animal ambassadors are so passionate and dedicated, but as an outsider the corporate structure seems beyond toxic to me.

Postby sfkk » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:47 am

Employees wrote an open letter asking for Scott Ross to be removed. 0% chance it happens, but at least they are putting his name into the light a little bit so he knows his actions within the company are eligible to face public scrutiny.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coronavirus/jobs-economy/os-cfb-seaworld-open-letter-20200407-rmk3fveihvemlinyecdayal2bm-story.html

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:23 pm

Ouch. That's some harsh criticism. My wife and I were just talking about this yesterday and wondering if the speed at which CEOs are leaving might indicate some issues on the board. This seems to be evidence that there could be. I don't know much about corporate politics, but I would take this letter seriously. People generally don't write things like this without good cause.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:26 pm

The investment company he runs doesn't have a very diverse portfolio. It's Sea World (90%) and Dave & Busters (%10).

Can't say that I blame him for wanting control with almost a billion dollars on the line, but it is odd that they would hire two CEO's in a row that aren't in line with the boards vision.

Postby sfkk » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:45 pm

Jew wrote:The investment company he runs doesn't have a very diverse portfolio. It's Sea World (90%) and Dave & Busters (%10).

Can't say that I blame him for wanting control with almost a billion dollars on the line, but it is odd that they would hire two CEO's in a row that aren't in line with the boards vision.

It's not their strategic vision. It's their personal vision.. things like outsourcing your call center to the Philippines and not even providing health insurance to your furloughed employees. I think that was the primary reason Rivera left. The parks are closed now anyway, so what else would have been the final straw? If you type in Seaworld the Layoff and go to thelayoff.com you can read all sorts of anonymous insider information from disgruntled employees.

https://www.thelayoff.com/seaworld-entertainment

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!