SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (SEAS) Corporate Thread

P. 32: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer contract extension!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (SEAS) Corporate Thread

Postby coasterbill » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:44 pm

DirkFunk wrote:They still sell passes, though - plus the terms and conditions of sale are very different. Like I was saying, when you're auto-renewing the pass, you're doing so with the expectation of a 12 month period, whereas memberships don't have that. It doesn't seem worth the trouble to invite more lawyers into the mix.

I was assuming they would waive the 12 month thing if they had already had the passes for that length of time, but fair enough. I'm no expert in that area. Even if they did that you may very well be right.

I still think it's mind numbing that they would cancel open accounts on EZ Pay though. I get phasing out these existing passes and not offering new ones but if people give them permission to charge their credit cards until the end of time and they stop doing it then they're idiots. If people want their old busted paper season passes with the current terms and the park already has the infrastructure to support them, keep charging them. They'll be turning down a ton of free money if they don't change their minds on this.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:14 pm

If people want their old busted paper season passes with the current terms and the park already has the infrastructure to support them, keep charging them. They'll be turning down a ton of free money if they don't change their minds on this.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

They're so concerned with trying to get consistent cash flow in all 4 quarters that they're literally hoping their season pass base just bothers to convert rather than retain them by just keeping passes as an alternate ticketing option. If you're looking at me to make sense of this and rationalize it, I'm sorry. So can't do that.

Postby coasterbill » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:36 pm

... well that didn't take long. :lol:

lolwow.jpg

I guess they came to their senses.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:47 pm

I still maintain they should copy Merlin and do a Sesame Place/ SeaWorld Aquarium combo in major markets across North America. I'd go one farther and add a hotel with an indoor Aquatic waterpark to the mix. Think Branson, Pigeon Forge, Denver, St. Louis, DC/National Harbor area, Minny near Mall of America. Offer season passes for those with reduced admission to the big parks or one free visit.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby anonymouscactus » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:06 pm

coasterbill wrote:... well that didn't take long.

I'm just picturing this all going down in one hours time. Someone from management showed your post on TPR to upper management and after realizing how dumb they are called up the web designers in a tizzy yelling at them to change it immediately because the company is dumb. You just saved SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment!! (well maybe for one more year anyway... :()

Be an every day heerrrooooooooo! Hope they send you a free membership! >.<

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby bill_s » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:00 pm

This is weird. 9 years ago they didn't have EZ-pay annual passes, they called them memberships, but now they're calling the new ones memberships.

I'm finding the the new selections confusing. What are the blockout dates? If I change my current, um, membership to the new one for less money, does my commitment start over with a full year? I don't see either in the FAQ. I'm guessing the blockout dates would be good times to avoid the place, but who knows.

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:41 pm

anonymouscactus wrote:
coasterbill wrote:... well that didn't take long.

I'm just picturing this all going down in one hours time. Someone from management showed your post on TPR to upper management and after realizing how dumb they are called up the web designers in a tizzy yelling at them to change it immediately because the company is dumb. You just saved SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment!! (well maybe for one more year anyway... :()

Be an every day heerrrooooooooo! Hope they send you a free membership! >.<

You laugh, but I've legit gotten some weird emails in my life from parks for things I've said online. Nothing, and I mean nothing, would surprise me.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby SLCHeadache » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:06 pm

A low-tier membership seems to be a worse deal than a low-tier pass ever was. I'd rather have summer Saturdays than random December weekdays, as someone who, when he had a Fun Card last year, on nice enough summer Saturdays, would drive past KD to go to BGW, or visit SFA after running errands in the DC area. KD, I mostly went to on weeknights.

*looks it up*

Well, they still have the Fun Card. I might go with that again if it doesn't have blackouts. Now if they phase that out, the basic membership will be more expensive for me than the unlimited unless I can somehow go on non-blackout dates. 2019, I have my Florida trip planned so I might as well go premier that year.

Fun Card: $105 pass, $16 parking
vs.
Basic: $120 pass, $8 parking, extra $25 for going on a blackout date like a summer Saturday
vs.
Unlimited Membership: $180 pass, free parking, no blackout dates

DirkFunk wrote:I'll also point this out too: Kings Dominion has invested heavily in kids areas and family rides. Busch Gardens Williamsburg is building coasters and removing major rides with lower height requirements. Did everyone forget that whole talking point of "families spend more money than teenagers that ride coasters" that kept being repeated for years and years? Or are we just gonna pretend none of that ever happened?

DirkFunk wrote:They're primarily competing against themselves and stuff like "buying Mach Tower" and "never promoting Tempesto".

Losing a ride with a lower minimum height for one with a higher minimum, this is just one reason why I think Verbolten wasn't the best idea - the massive price tag being another. Still a better drop ride than Mach Tower, I guess.
Top steel: Millennium Force / Steel Vengeance / Intimidator 305 / Maverick / Fury 325
Top wood: El Toro / Phoenix / GhostRider / Renegade / Flying Turns

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:25 am

SLCHeadache wrote:A low-tier membership seems to be a worse deal than a low-tier pass ever was. I'd rather have summer Saturdays than random December weekdays, as someone who, when he had a Fun Card last year, on nice enough summer Saturdays, would drive past KD to go to BGW, or visit SFA after running errands in the DC area. KD, I mostly went to on weeknights.

*looks it up*

Well, they still have the Fun Card. I might go with that again if it doesn't have blackouts. Now if they phase that out, the basic membership will be more expensive for me than the unlimited unless I can somehow go on non-blackout dates. 2019, I have my Florida trip planned so I might as well go premier that year.

Fun Card: $105 pass, $16 parking
vs.
Basic: $120 pass, $8 parking, extra $25 for going on a blackout date like a summer Saturday
vs.
Unlimited Membership: $180 pass, free parking, no blackout dates

DirkFunk wrote:I'll also point this out too: Kings Dominion has invested heavily in kids areas and family rides. Busch Gardens Williamsburg is building coasters and removing major rides with lower height requirements. Did everyone forget that whole talking point of "families spend more money than teenagers that ride coasters" that kept being repeated for years and years? Or are we just gonna pretend none of that ever happened?

DirkFunk wrote:They're primarily competing against themselves and stuff like "buying Mach Tower" and "never promoting Tempesto".

Losing a ride with a lower minimum height for one with a higher minimum, this is just one reason why I think Verbolten wasn't the best idea - the massive price tag being another. Still a better drop ride than Mach Tower, I guess.

They also spent slightly less (46/40) on Antarctica
Then announcing a new coaster a year before it opens (Invadr)
And does anyone think Infinity Falls will open before Memorial Day? I've heard zero news regarding construction. Congrats, they're on the Six Flags building timeframe.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

Postby DirkFunk » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:02 am

And does anyone think Infinity Falls will open before Memorial Day? I've heard zero news regarding construction. Congrats, they're on the Six Flags building timeframe.

I've heard it is moving pretty slowly - there was a construction update on Screamscape where they've got some trenches dug and have some concrete going up. Maybe it'll take off soon? Otherwise they'll be lucky to open by July 4.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!