Marineland animals suffering, former staffers say

P. 8: More news, lawsuits, OSPCA and government orders
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: Marineland animals suffering, former staffers say

Postby pryonisys » Wed May 22, 2019 6:21 am

coasterbill wrote:
LegendLover wrote:Plus they have removed the SBNO Topple Tower and when asked about the removal, the park said that they have plans to fill the space.

“Fill the space”. Oh good, I’m glad the park finally removed Topple Tower and freed up some room for expansion. They seemed like they were really running out of space to put sh*t. :lol:

:lmao: well I guess they at least have electric run to that spot already, but filling a space that was already used when they have a freakish amount of acreage is an interesting way for the park to put that

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby LegendLover » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:38 pm

Looks like the park is planning on a 2020 addition! A Facebook user commented on a post, asking about a 2020 addition, and the park said "stay tuned for an announcement." I wonder if it will be a family ride, thrill ride, water ride, or some kind of new exibit of some sort. Personally, I'd love to see a revamped Aquarium Dome. That attraction seems very dated, plus it has that abandoned arena and café. It'd be awesome to add some large tanks at the edge of the building with windows looking out into the park so that people will actually know that that building is an aquarium. They could convert the former arena room into a stingray touch pond attraction and it could provide another revenue stream by letting people buy food to feed the stingrays (like at my local aquarium). Then maybe turn half of that food service into a smaller coffee shop and the other half into another gift shop.

Either that, or I'd like to see a Giant Discovery over by where the topple tower was. Something eye catching that would bring in more guests.

Okay, either those two things, or I'd love to see a ropes course and zipline area with interactive experiences. Something like that, they could charge a small fee to do as another form of revenue.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:50 pm

did they ever complete and/or open that new Bird section?

"Aviary Safari". . it was at the top of the park maps when we were there in May of 2018.
IMG_4313.JPG
IMG_4314a.JPG
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:55 pm

^ park map NOT to scale. . . . oh my aching feet just thinking about that trip :)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby LegendLover » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:28 pm

That project was scrapped as of earlier this year.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!