New Park in Houston Area (Grand Texas Theme Park)

Pg 33: December 14 groundbreaking for 2018 waterpark opening
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: New Park in Houston Area

Postby vacoaster09 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:04 am

^Yeah, I was thinking KK.... You are right about AstroWorld's. Last I heard it was just laying around just like Batman is laying at Darien Lake.
Leviathan - "I am a B&M, I am clearly not the father. I305 is not my child."
Millennium Force - "Yes he is Maury... I am 100% sure"
Maury - "Leviathan ..... in the case of possessed juvenile I305 .... you are not the father!
Maverick - (giggles with guilty grin)"

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Hriscay » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:58 am

Mrlittle wrote:
vacoaster09 wrote:Greezed' Lightning is gone! There's no way it's coming back.

It's been sitting around, waiting for someone to piece it back together. Still I count 5 coasters, a dark ride, a swing ride. AHH :b

I see several other flat rides and also a drop tower! If this is what they are going to do, it is so much more than what I expected.
Top 5 Steel: Titan, Superman Krypton Coaster, Raging Bull, Diamondback, Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast
Top 5 Wooden: El Toro, The Voyage, Outlaw Run, The Texas Cyclone RIP, Goliath (SFGAm)

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby boardwalkbullet91507 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:14 pm

I also count 5 coasters. According to the key, we have Greezed Lightnin' (I really hope this happens), Mine Train coaster, kiddie coaster, wood coaster, and steel coaster. This is very exciting! I always thought that regardless of what people said Greezed Lighnin' would never come to this park; I think I stand corrected.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:22 pm

Hriscay wrote:
vacoaster09 wrote:Greezed' Lightning is gone! There's no way it's coming back. Especially the way it was cut up... The dates on the docs says Oct 2013... the person creating these plans wasn't following the status of the ride.

Are you thinking the one from Kentucky Kingdom? That one was dismantled poorly, but last I heard i though the one from Astroworld was just sitting around and waiting to be put back together like the guy above me said.

Also keep in mind that Gerstlauer just recently did a full refurbishment of both Sooperdooperlooper AND Turbine, so it's completely possible for us to see a rebirth of Greezed Lightnin'.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I've got the ASS Burgers

Postby BigBomer » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:24 pm

Meteornotes wrote:Anyone know if there's a team already in place for their baseball stadium?

I still don't understand why Houston would need two minor league teams... ;)

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Hriscay » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:38 pm

BigBomer wrote:
Meteornotes wrote:Anyone know if there's a team already in place for their baseball stadium?

I still don't understand why Houston would need two minor league teams... ;)

I still don't understand why LA or NY need two Major League Baseball Teams....
Last edited by Hriscay on Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:59 pm.
Top 5 Steel: Titan, Superman Krypton Coaster, Raging Bull, Diamondback, Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast
Top 5 Wooden: El Toro, The Voyage, Outlaw Run, The Texas Cyclone RIP, Goliath (SFGAm)

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby johnychen » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:50 pm

I saw pieces of the Greezed Lightnin at Larson International, Inc. near Lubbock over the summer. That's where the roller coaster museum is at the moment. I believe they had refurbished the trains and everything was kept in good shape. Originally it was going to Joyland who bought it but then recently Joyland was trading Greezed Lightnin with Cliff's in New Mexico for another ride. I guess Grand Texas must have bought it.

If it does come back it would be 10 years since Greezed Lightnin ran. Looks like Houston may finally get a major amusement park.
Native Houstonian, rocket scientist, mobile DJ, theme park enthusiast, geek, Youtuber, and community activist.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Dragon Khan » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:10 pm

A.J. wrote:
Hriscay wrote:
vacoaster09 wrote:Greezed' Lightning is gone! There's no way it's coming back. Especially the way it was cut up... The dates on the docs says Oct 2013... the person creating these plans wasn't following the status of the ride.

Are you thinking the one from Kentucky Kingdom? That one was dismantled poorly, but last I heard i though the one from Astroworld was just sitting around and waiting to be put back together like the guy above me said.

Also keep in mind that Gerstlauer just recently did a full refurbishment of both Sooperdooperlooper AND Turbine, so it's completely possible for us to see a rebirth of Greezed Lightnin'.

Ha inv. Ridden PSYKE UNDERGROUND, my biggest hope is they do not go the lsm way. Please restore the flywheel launch, which IMHO is what makes the shuttle's charm. Admittedly what they did in Wavre is better than nada but I would kill to have an original closer to home... Hopefully that's what you texans get
Top woodies: 1: Outlaw Run / 2: BoulderDash / 3: El Toro / 4: Phoenix / 5: Tonnerre de Zeus
Top Steelies: 1: DRAGON KHAN / 2: Expedition Geforce / 3: Top Thrill Dragster/ 4: Goliath (Holland) / 5: Superman (Madrid)

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Hriscay » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:18 pm

Dragon Khan wrote:
A.J. wrote:
Hriscay wrote:

Ha inv. Ridden PSYKE UNDERGROUND, my biggest hope is they do not go the lsm way. Please restore the flywheel launch, which IMHO is what makes the shuttle's charm. Admittedly what they did in Wavre is better than nada but I would kill to have an original closer to home... Hopefully that's what you texans get

Thank you, I agree 100%. It would be a shame to re-do the ride with LSM's. No matter what we've lost one schwarzkop, Viper. Lets not lose another if we have the chance to save it.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby hydra » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:25 pm

Im really hoping for the best with this one. Looks really promising.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!