New Park in Houston Area (Grand Texas Theme Park)

Pg 33: December 14 groundbreaking for 2018 waterpark opening
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Re: New Park in Houston Area

Postby palmerleeberry » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:24 am

^Hey, if they managed to have the original blueprints to the Texas Cyclone, then I cannot see why they couldn't rebuild that coaster and make it better than before.

PLEASE DON'T BURN ME!!! :devil:

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:51 pm

I was doing my usual Google search for theme parks coming to the Houston area. Anyways, I stumbled upon this photo. It's interesting to look at how they plan to break up the 600 acres of land. Grand Texas recently announced on Facebook that they will be having a press conference soon to announce their final plans for the park and hopefully we will see groundbreaking soon.

Grand Texas Plan.png

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Geauga Dog » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:23 am

^Interesting lay of the land. Hopefully they learned the lesson of Astroworkd and left some considerable land for expansion as based on that drawing it doesn't seem to leave much for the theme park to grow on.

Looking forward to seeing the actual plans revealed.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:52 am

Before anyone says, "Oh man, only 85 acres?," please remember that Disneyland Park is approximately 85 acres. This should be adequate for all sorts of big, impressive stuff.

Postby Mrlittle » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:11 pm

I found this interview that NewCaney.com had with Grand Texas Theme Park. You can click on the link if you like to read the whole interview. Grand Texas Interview

But here is a quote from the interview I found interesting.

Guests visiting Grand Texas will be able to enjoy a wide variety of activities. The park will be divided into a number of areas, each focusing on a different element of Texas history. Attractions at Grand Texas will include a total of 3 rollercoasters, including a 150’ high wooden coaster with speeds in excess of 60mph and a steel coaster with one of the highest inversions in the world. In addition to the coasters, the park will also include a full-size steam train, real stage coach line, water rides, 2 dozen amusement attractions, a mile-long equestrian trail, an “agri-tainment” area with petting zoos, pony rides and a working farm, a living museum with trades and crafts, an amphitheater and an adventure park with zip lines, ropes course and other eco-friendly activities. The park will also include a plethora of space for group outings and special events, including air-conditioned catering space.

So perhaps a kiddie coaster, a GCI or Gravity Group wooden coaster and some kind of unique steel coaster. Just found this to be interesting. Hopefully, we find out more soon. (Would it be to much to ask for another RMC in Texas?)

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Hriscay » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:17 am

^Even though RMC is slowly becoming my favorite Roller Coaster Manufacturer, I personally wouldn't want one just yet. I haven't ridden Outlaw run, but i have ridden both NTAG and IRat and i personally would rather have a ride like El Toro. Ill take that speed and hills any day over overbank and inversions. The second wooden could be RMC but the first needs to be a real wooden. As for the looping steel ride, I really wonder what it could be. So happy to hear this park is progressing. 3 Roller Coasters, even if one if a kiddie coaster, I will still be there opening day to ride over and over again.
Top 5 Steel: Titan, Superman Krypton Coaster, Raging Bull, Diamondback, Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast
Top 5 Wooden: El Toro, The Voyage, Outlaw Run, The Texas Cyclone RIP, Goliath (SFGAm)

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Zem » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:23 am

After EQA I've been doubtful of these various proposed plans for parks in Houston. Hopefully though this actually becomes a reality.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby PVA62 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:38 am

Maybe they want a YOLO type coaster. Would be a cheapish but exciting ride to help bring people in.

Postby Mrlittle » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:47 am

Zem wrote:After EQA I've been doubtful of these various proposed plans for parks in Houston. Hopefully though this actually becomes a reality.

I still have some doubt in Grand Texas but they took a big step forward by buying the land. I recently commented on their Facebook about when we might hear more news. They commented back today saying this month. Perhaps we will see groundbreaking soon as well if they want to keep the 2015 opening.

I happily take a YOLO or a El Torro at the park.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby palmerleeberry » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:02 pm

I hate to steal a line from a movie, but . . .
"If they build it, then we shall come!"

Okay, it's not the same wording, but the meaning is still the same.

PLEASE DON'T BURN ME!!! :devil:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!