New Park in Houston Area (Grand Texas Theme Park)

Pg 33: December 14 groundbreaking for 2018 waterpark opening
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: New Park in Houston Area

Postby ernierocker » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:48 pm

larrygator wrote: but commenting on the silhouette of a wooden coaster in concept art seems very speculative.

I definitely agree with your there. Other than the shuttle loop, it is up in the air.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:50 pm

I certainly wouldn't mind if they resurrected one of those old Shuttle Loops. As for the concept art, it looks nice--hope the park gets a chance to live up to it.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby CoasterFEV » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:50 pm

cfc wrote:--hope the park gets a chance to live.

^ fixed

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby cedarpointer » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:51 pm

Cool! Looks like a really big Frontierland; Roller Coaster Edition, Baby! :mickey:
The Crystal Method is the only way to find The Winner!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby boardwalkbullet91507 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:10 pm

Mrlittle wrote:The Astros still manage to sell tickets. I know its a shock to some. The Sugarland Skeeters actually do decent in ticket sales.

The Astros game attendance has declined greatly, plus, we lost some really good players; my family used to be real big on Biggio, retired, and Berkman but since they've both moved on to greener pastures, we've sort of lost interest (along with a lot of the Houston area). I can't recall the last time I went to an Astros game. We've moved on over to the Skeeters; MUCH better games.

If this park is anything like the concept art, it will be simply amazing. I'm very excited for this; if Greezed Lightnin' rides again it will be a huge hit for the park. When Astroworld closed, a lot of parents were disappointed that their kids wouldn't be able to ride the rides they did as kids, and now there's a good chance the ride could be around for generations to come.

I'm still trying to come to a conclusion on whether the revival of Greezed Lightnin' was the plan all along or if this was in response to their Facebook page. Literally every post, someone comments "Bring back Greezed Lightnin'".

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:11 pm

CoasterFEV wrote:
cfc wrote:--hope the park gets a chance to live.

^ fixed

True enough.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby DanTheBooker » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:42 pm

A few notes:

I love the theme and layout of this project. I think it's going to look fantastic. However, I wonder if they shouldn't start with only half the lake developed and use the expansion areas behind Plaza Feliz for the rest of the construction. By developing the entire lakeshore initially, they risk all expansions feeling out of place and non-cohesive with the existing park.

Somebody has given much thought, time and research to this project, thus far. It's apparent in the layout as a whole as well as ride placement and amenities as a whole. I think it's great to put the farm on the rear side of the park and draw the customers who may be interested in more than rides. This will increase spending, I think.

Stage Coach Rides should be a neat thing. Is another park doing this or anything similar? They've placed a depot as well as a train station and boat rides platform near the front. Hopefully that will entice people straight to other areas of the park, alleviating potential congestion near the paddle boat.

I noticed there's not a very strong kiddy ride selection. It seems they are going to make up for that in the family department.

I won't be surprised to see a GCI Woodie and a B&M in this park. It seems like it will be first class.

Based on placement, I do believe GREEZED LIGHTNIN' was an afterthought. However, placement could also be due to it's theming not fitting the other areas. I'm sure a treasured ride like that will be able to pull people down a long trail, right? I think it would be neat to see a major amusement park open in a market where a major amusement park folded for whatever reason and have a section featuring treasured rides from the former park. Think your consumers would be responsive as well. But in with the new, right?

Just my thoughts.
I'm a "High Roller" at the "Excalibur". That's why they let me do the "Wild Thing" like a "Renegade". It beats using a "Corkscrew" to "Steel Venom" from a "Mad Mouse"

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:45 pm

^Knott's Berry Farm has stagecoach rides.

Beneath the sign that said "U-haul"

Postby Subject_12 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:50 pm

I'm pretty excited about mention of a Screaming Swing.
I like stuff because reasons.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby GwaziBSRider1 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:47 pm

This park certainly looks really promising, but let's hope it doesn't end up like Hard Rock Park/Freestyle Music Park. (Still kicking myself for not visiting it before it closed) If this park opens up, I'm definitely visiting it within its first few months!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!