Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 172: Soaring: Fantastic Flights opens on July 23rd, 2019!
Users viewing this topic: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:48 pm

SharkTums wrote:We were excited for this ride mainly because it would drop the lines for other attractions at DisneySea but with all of these details KT is now going to make us stand in line because A) she loves the SEA storyline and B) she loves birds of prey and C) this ride has both!

The place will look spectacular in the closing hours of the evening, so..... a night time visit? :)
Yeah, I'm hoping it'll pull some of the crowds away, that Midway Mania and Tower get, all the time.
gothic-bathrooms-tokyo-disneysea-2.jpg
"Between Heaven (Tower) & Earth (Mania)"... Best Restrooms Anywhere!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Garet » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:30 am

I still miss Tot's single rider line. I only ever saw it on the park map once and that was back in Feb 2012. It was one less fast-pass to plan for back then.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:04 pm

wow, this version of Soarin looks amazing.

so nice that Tokyo parks get the unique versions. . . and hope that if they take off, someday USA parks will get a version of them. But until then, even more reasons to make a trip to DisneySea (as if there weren't enough already!).
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:38 pm

^ .... and Hong Kong Disneyland and Shanghai Disneyland, too. Make it a Disney Asia Adventure! :wink:

(I am hoping we can pull some kind of crazy amazing trip like this off, by the time Nov.2025 rolls around.)

:mickey:

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:04 pm

I'm curious as to what the new scene(s) will be. One of the nice things about the current ride film is that the last scene is based on the ride location, so at the very least guests will probably fly back into the Tokyo Disney resort.

Considering that the story describes that they can fly "into the future", I'd bet that most of the modern-day scenes (like Sydney and Paris) will remain.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:22 pm

^ http://www.tdrexplorer.com explains....

Soaring: Fantastic Flight takes guests on a flight around the world, visiting famous landmarks and areas of natural beauty. The latest announcement confirms that this version will have a scene unique to Tokyo Disney Resort. While the new poster features the Pyramids, Great Wall of China and the Taj Mahal.

This is a huge launch for Tokyo DisneySea and the ride could prove as popular as Toy Story Mania! Luckily, this will be a FastPass attraction and is included in the “Happy 15” early entry for Disney Hotel guests.

Soaring: Fantastic Flight will have two theatres and the main ride time will be 5 minutes, with a capacity of 87 people per ride. Guests under 102cm will be unable to ride.

Location and Story (Spoilers!):

Soaring: Fantastic Flight is located in the Museum of Fantastic Flight on the Mediterranean Harbor Hill. The new area celebrates the wonders of flight and the life of Camellia Falco, a woman passionate about flying and exploration.

Guests will tour the museum and visit a gallery honoring Camellia’s achievements. Here they will encounter Camelia’s spirit and hear about her inventions. From there, guests board Camellia’s flying invention “the Dream Flyer” and through the power of imagination travel into the future and around the world!

This story fits so well with DisneySea’s themes of exploration and invention and we cannot wait to experience it. Maybe Camellia might turn out to be a secret member of S.E.A.

Edit: It’s been confirmed that Camellia Falco is a member of S.E.A., as seen in an exhibit in Tropical Hideaway at Disneyland Resort.

The story also gives the attraction a unique twist which will make it stand out from the other Soarin’ rides in Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World and Shanghai Disneyland.

:mickey: (EDIT: I want to marry DisneySea!)

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:13 am

^ When I said "scenes" I was talking more about the ride film itself, and if "a scene unique to Tokyo Disney Resort" is correct then they're probably just changing the ending like they did for EPCOT.

The queue, on the other hand? Yes, that certainly looks gorgeous, as per the usual standard.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:01 pm

^ Understood. And I agree about that "new scene".
Probably flying over the Resort itself, before "landing." :smile:

I also note, that since (probably) over 80% (?) of the locals
who see this attraction, will have never seen the DCA or EPCOT one.

And that's okay. (SPOILER!)

To see the Eiffel Tower again, like I saw it in DCA....mmmmm yes.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:57 am

SharkTums wrote:We were excited for this ride mainly because it would drop the lines for other attractions at DisneySea but with all of these details KT is now going to make us stand in line because A) she loves the SEA storyline and B) she loves birds of prey and C) this ride has both!

I can understand why KT is interested. The theming sounds pretty cool (leave it to DisneySea).

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:33 pm

Random Tokyo DisneySea shot.
PopcornCaramel.jpg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!