Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 168: New Tokyo Disneyland expansion details announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:22 pm

A further thought on all this current expansion, and un-announced expansion plans (not till 05/18)...

That all of this in happening in conjunction with Tokyo hosting the 2020 Summer Olympics. Having
new stuff ready by then (B&B, BH6), and then showing ongoing construction (30% expansion, right?)
of attractions, that Olympics' visitors can come back to, in the near future.

Nice Timing! :mickey:
tokyo-2020.jpg
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:12 pm.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Garet » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:31 am

COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:
gerstlaueringvar wrote:
COASTER FREAK 11 wrote: I am sure that people will freak out that Disney is doing something nefarious with the data.

Wait they aren’t already? Magic Band is honestly the most awesome and creepy theme park technology out there now.

Oh, they are already. But, you choose to wear the band. Even though you will have the choice (i'm sure) to allow the face scanning, people can argue that it's doing it anyways.

But, that's not a topic we need to discuss here.

Hasn't USJ had a mandatory face scan for many years? I remember getting slowed down at least 4 years ago on opening time once because the system was malfunctioning, it was a screen that the staff member moved and took a picture to match the person to the i.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:47 pm

New seasonal popcorn holder for the
regular sized boxes of the stuff.
PopcornBoxHolder-c.jpg
Thanks to tdrexplorer.com for the photo.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby LDedios432 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:12 pm

Hey everyone,

Just got back from my trip to China & Japan and I hope to post a TR on the Disney parks soon! Meanwhile, here's a quick look at the Beauty and the Beast construction over at Tokyo Disneyland. The structure is up to the second story, and from the looks of it so far, the show building will be pretty large.

Thanks for all the advice on the Hilton & the TDR!! We loved our stay and being at the parks was an absolute dream come true!
IMG_1597.jpg
Here's a wide shot of the construction.
IMG_1601.jpg
A closer shot of the construciton. Looks like the showbuilding will be pretty big!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:15 pm

^ Ooooo awesome photos, thanks! I've been going through all my "usual sources" these past days,
to get updated photos (any photos!) of the construction site. These are perfect!

Thanks for sharing them. :mickey: And looking forward to your TR on your visit there.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:48 pm

I had no clue they were this far along with this attraction! That's great to see!!

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:19 pm

^It was just a couple beams up beginning of August. Nice to see more progress since my last visit.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Jetstar2 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:17 am

In my interpretation, the Japanese article says the first phase of construction will be finished by 2025. It says it will 'actually' be a third park and not a direct addition to the other two. It says the goal is to attract foreign tourists, and as such, a Japan-like theme is being considered, but plans will not be finalized until May (this doesn't guarantee an announcement will be made then). It also suggests the current parking lots and other areas will be used for the new park, and even has this convenient image showing where some usable parking areas are.

While there are numerous possible 'Japan-like' things to theme an attraction around, here's just a few I thought of off-hand:

Tanabata (folklore)
Kaiten-Zushi (sushi go round!)
Shikoku Henro (A Buddhist Pilgrimage)
Kabuki (Traditional theater with dark-ride like qualities)
Shinkansen (Fast trains!)
Miyajima (An Island Shrine... I think they already have something at Epcot)
and of course... Anime... meh

I don't know how much this would appeal to Japanese People, but I want to go.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Dombot » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:12 am

Jetstar2 wrote:Kaiten-Zushi (sushi go round!)

I need this in my life. :lmao:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:23 am

Jetstar2 wrote:In my interpretation, the Japanese article says the first phase of construction will be finished by 2025. It says it will 'actually' be a third park and not a direct addition to the other two. It says the goal is to attract foreign tourists, and as such, a Japan-like theme is being considered, but plans will not be finalized until May (this doesn't guarantee an announcement will be made then). It also suggests the current parking lots and other areas will be used for the new park, and even has this convenient image showing where some usable parking areas are.

While there are numerous possible 'Japan-like' things to theme an attraction around, here's just a few I thought of off-hand:

Tanabata (folklore)
Kaiten-Zushi (sushi go round!)
Shikoku Henro (A Buddhist Pilgrimage)
Kabuki (Traditional theater with dark-ride like qualities)
Shinkansen (Fast trains!)
Miyajima (An Island Shrine... I think they already have something at Epcot)
and of course... Anime... meh

I don't know how much this would appeal to Japanese People, but I want to go.
+

I really do not think the parking lot will be used for this project. They are already taking a sizable chunk to expand Fantasyland, and they want to build that 3 story parking structure. So, minus those two areas (of unknown size), there can't be much room left. Also, consider that a third park needs ADDITIONAl parking on top of the new parking requirements for the current park expansion.

Taking all this into account, it seems they are looking elsewhere to build the third park. There just isn't room in the parking lot for a third park, parking structure, and Disneyland Expansion. Add to all of that, Lost river Delta and Arabian Coast could also expand into the parking lot there; it's the only direction for the park to do a major expansion without tearing something out.

Unless this truly is all about expanding the two current parks and there is not third park coming.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!