Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 168: New Tokyo Disneyland expansion details announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:41 pm

^ <sighs> This is true for us, too. And we're working towards a .......2024 visit. <sighs>
candy-holder01.jpg
I want one of these! Now available at TDL.
Thanks to tdrexplorer.com for the photo.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby AidanCKY » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:07 am

I'm visiting Tokyo Disney later in the month. Anyone got any tips on a good route round the park? Have heard bad things about the queues, however we're visiting Disneyland on a Tuesday, and DisneySEA on a Wednesday.

Planning to get there an hour before opening, and staying until closing. We've only got 1 day in each so i'm hoping I can get the main attractions done. Looks like Big Thunder is closed while we're there sadly.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:46 pm

AidanCKY wrote:I'm visiting Tokyo Disney later in the month. Anyone got any tips on a good route round the park? Have heard bad things about the queues, however we're visiting Disneyland on a Tuesday, and DisneySEA on a Wednesday.

Planning to get there an hour before opening, and staying until closing. We've only got 1 day in each so i'm hoping I can get the main attractions done. Looks like Big Thunder is closed while we're there sadly.

Once you're in the park, head straight to Monsters Inc and get a fast pass and then get in the regular line for Pooh's Honey Hunt.

One thing I found strange about the park is that the wait times seemed to get longer closer to closing after the fireworks shows. For Space Mountain for example, mid afternoon the wait was about 30 to 45 minutes through on or two switchbacks before the escalator. 1/2 hr before closing it was almost a full queue and 90 minutes.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:13 am

^^My first suggestion for Disney Sea, is to head right over to Midway Mania (to the left of awesome bathrooms!), ride it, then head to Tower of Terror and either ride it, or get a FastPass. So far (I read?) they are still dealing with paper ones and not thru an app. etc. If you ride it, then head to the middle and ride Journey/CenterEarth, or get that FastPass there. If you ride Journey, then continue to the back and you have Indy and Raging Spirits side by side. Over further still, and you're walking into Sindbad's Adventures.

That's all I got for now. Don't use the right side of the harbor to get to Journey. Takes longer IMhO. Easier to go over the bridge, then up a smaller pathway that cuts to the right of the main pathway. Up that path, then go to the right and continue into Mt.Prometheus for Journey riding. Entry will be on your right, and the FastPass booths beyond.

Hope that helps. :mickey:
Resize of IMG_2720.JPG
Then there's Mermaid Lagoon, which is a whole other kettle of..... uh....Flounder? :P July 5, 2013.
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:20 am.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:20 am

Stand near TSMM when you are watching Fantasmic and enter the standby when the show ends. Indy’s single rider line is magical. Raging Spirits’ single rider doesn’t work too well.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:23 am

It was hit or miss with us on Single Line for Raging Spirits. We usually got seats we didn't want. But that was fine. We were still way faster than what the line actually was, time-wise. Indy was a walk-on for us when we decided to ride separate. And Tower of Terror did SR, from time to time, which was very rare when they did. It was like a Surprise Soft Opening for Single Riders, lol! :smile:
Resize of IMG_2977.JPG
David did Single Rider on Raging Spirits and survived! I was so proud of him.
TPR 2013 Japan Tour.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:26 am

Nrthwnd wrote:It was hit or miss with us on Single Line for Raging Spirits. We usually got seats we didn't want. But that was fine. We were still way faster than what the line actually was, time-wise. Indy was a walk-on for us when we decided to ride separate. And Tower of Terror did SR, from time to time, which was very rare when they did. It was like a Surprise Soft Opening for Single Riders, lol! :smile:

P.S. Don't forget to ride AQUATOPIA...because it's silly and cool to ride! :mickey:

and P.P.S It's too bad you have only one day for each park.
The shows alone, in Disney Sea are worth an extra day's visit. <sad>
Resize of IMG_2950.JPG
AQUATOPIA was great, especially at NIGHT! Usually a walk on, through most of the day/night.
Resize of IMG_2743.JPG
Like I said....bizarre at night! Very trippy.
Resize of IMG_2744.JPG
Even the whirlpools were lit up! Crazy and fun ride. TPR 2013 Japan Tour.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Garet » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:31 am

gerstlaueringvar wrote:Stand near TSMM when you are watching Fantasmic and enter the standby when the show ends. Indy’s single rider line is magical. Raging Spirits’ single rider doesn’t work too well.

Yea this. I hit up the park after snow had kept the crowds away and it was 3 hours across the board and Indy's single rider still flew by in under 10 minutes. Raging Spirits I barely moved in 30 and gave up and got a FP (although this was a time when ToT had single rider and MM wasn't open so it was easier to sacrifice a potential different FP ride.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby LDedios432 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:32 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm headed to the Tokyo Disney Resort for the first time from Friday Dec1-Dec4 (our flight is on the evening of Dec 4). It's a dream come true! Any tips besides the ones mentioned above on dealing with weekend lines? Journey, 20K Leagues, Pooh, Monsters and ToT are the rides I'm looking forward to the most from either park. I live in Los Angeles, so DL is my home park, and I've been to WDW a few times, and DLP last year.

Unfortunately, we weren't able to secure a reservation at Miracosta, so we'll be staying at the Hilton Tokyo Bay. The Disneyland Hotel IS available from Dec3/4 and I'm considering booking those nights just to have the Disney Hotel experience, even if it's cut short. That would also mean taking a couple of hours out of our day on the 3rd in order to check out of the Hilton & check into the Disneyland Hotel. Any thoughts on those plans? My gut tells me to just stick with my Hilton reservation so that we don't lose out on valuable time within the parks. I would consider switching hotels if the experience will be that much more heightened, and if the benefits of staying at the DLH further outweigh the 1-2 hours it'll take to switch hotels.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:46 pm

Honestly, I'm sure you'll still have a great "Disney Experience," even if you don't switch hotels. But...last two times, TPR tours stayed at the Tokyo Bay Hilton, and it was woooonderful! The monorail stn.is right there, and the little shuttle that takes you to it, is worth it, even if you have to wait. Actually saves you more time, than walking to the station yourself. And less tiring too. and..... My avatar is Bayside Station! Subject to seasonal changing. :wink:

And - important part for myself, with it being a hotel that Disney approves of, it's not totally controlled by Disney. So there is a handy convenience store to the far right of the lobby, and it has beer and liquor available, something that (I remember) isn't sold in any of the Disney-owned hotels. And there's a great gift shop there, with merch from both parks. Great art gallery there, too.

The hotel also provides you with a nice afternoon "breaktime" which we used to great advantage when there. We would get to the park(s) at least one hour before open.Then do what we planned to do, make sure we got at least one pair of FastPASS tickets for after 6pm (we lucked out with two attractions FastPASSes in TDS), then rest at your room for a couple of hours (Don't forget to get that handstamp, leaving the park!) then went back to the park, etc.

Hope that helps. I also had a camera malfunction on the 2011 visit there, with the battery freezing up, and I forgot to bring another along. So I was at the back of TDS, where Raging Spirits is. Did a good walk out of the park, to the monorail, took it back to hotel, loaded camera with new battery, and got back to TDS, at the back....in under 45 minutes!

:mickey:
Resize of IMG_2707.JPG
And don't forget, the Tokyo Bay Hilton has an awesome breakfast buffet, available too!
Worth the extra charge. That's David with our 'first round' of food, lol. TPR 2013 Japan Tour.
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:59 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!