Backyard Rides

Has anyone made any?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mechanic » Thu May 01, 2008 5:55 pm

laqueefa wrote:http://www.break.com/index/girl_tries_the_human_slingshot.html
this looks insane

^ That looks like it could kill you. :shockr:

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Chadley » Thu May 01, 2008 9:22 pm

Ok, the human slingshot looks totally stupid and insane...yet at the same time looks like a blast! Of course, I weigh just a bit more than 100 lbs., (actually 225 lbs.), and I have to believe I'd probably break that bungy cord and they'd be picking pieces of me out of the trees for days! :lolr:

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Backyard Rides

Postby Duff » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:57 am

Well that's one way to sell a house. Skip the walking tour. Offer a "coaster tour" of the house instead.

Video link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTt0vbRc4qE&index=1&list=FLB6Gww_KoEV_7G8yP4SjkfQ
coaster thru house.jpg

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:15 am

^Yeah I remember seeing that on facebook. It's awesome! (although some transitions look a bit "coat-hangish")
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Re:

Postby ejot » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:07 am

nannerdw wrote:This is the coaster that is in my backyard!

Angry_Gumball wrote:Well, here's that AutoCAD designed woodie re-designed in NL. Personally, I wouldn't mind makin' one of these

Would you guys mind if I modeled my own version of this ride concept, with the hope towards someday actually building it? It would follow the second illustration with "standard" cars that start horizontally before going down the drop, and be downsized to about 10' tall.

I have designed a non-steering, non-articulated car optimized for traversing tight radii in the vertical plane. I'm planning to start building this over the winter, and later retrofit articulated, steering wheel bogies. In the meantime, the ride above would be the perfect test bed for my design.

Here's a render of my car design:
Recent Visits:HIKennywoodCarowindsKDAdventureland (NY)NW PA/Western NYHersheypark
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Top Rides: 1Skyrush(#72) 2Phoenix(#2) 3ElToro(#45) 4Fury325(#165) 5Phantom'sRevenge(#184) 6RavineFlyerII(#147) 7Tatsu(#14) 8Blue Streak(#112)

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby CPmillenia94 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:53 pm

The radius at the bottom looks too tight.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby ejot » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:12 pm

I ran the numbers on the profile I have in mind and it pulls a theoretical max 5.5g. Probably closer to 5 in real life, and only for a split second. I think the radius is a little bigger than the ones shown.
Recent Visits:HIKennywoodCarowindsKDAdventureland (NY)NW PA/Western NYHersheypark
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Top Rides: 1Skyrush(#72) 2Phoenix(#2) 3ElToro(#45) 4Fury325(#165) 5Phantom'sRevenge(#184) 6RavineFlyerII(#147) 7Tatsu(#14) 8Blue Streak(#112)

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby LuminousAphid » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:01 pm

If I'm being honest, the main issue I see with this... it doesn't look very fun :lol:

I mean sure, it would be a fun little novelty, but in reality how much would you actually use this thing? Not trying to be a negative nancy, but thinking practically I don't see it retaining its ride appeal for long. Just something to think about before spending a lot of money.

On the other hand, thinking of some sort of crazy backyard pendulum ride gets my heart racing a bit

edit; e.g. Personal Screamin' Swing :lover:

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby bkwjjm » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:00 pm

These rides all look pretty cool...and I would ride them. But honestly, I'd be a little terrified. LOL!

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby KingRCT3 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:20 pm

Has this one been posted yet? That's taking the backyard coasters to a whole new level!

:lover:

This guy also made a few flat rides, including a drop tower!!

Go there and give him a like: Guigui Rides ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!