Backyard Rides

Has anyone made any?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Reon » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:23 pm

Backyard boomerang has been done in a sence. Go look up a ride called "Timber" As for the launcher, I've been pondering that aswell, and I have a good backyard for a shuttle..
Proud Coney Island Ride-op for 6 years!
Kings Island MSD/Racer crew of 2011
Kings Island Vortex/Windseeker crew of 2012-2013
Best Coaster Ever: :airtimer: Phoenix :airtimer: Top Steel: Intimidator 305 (Maverick in CLOSE 2nd)

Postby Reon » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:51 pm

Yeah, I just saw it the other day...
Best Coaster Ever: :airtimer: Phoenix :airtimer: Top Steel: Intimidator 305 (Maverick in CLOSE 2nd)

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby carolinacaniac » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:57 am

Anyone know if you can contact Jeremy Reid for a ride like you can the guy with the Blue Flash? or is it for his own fun?
"Imagine the Crystal Beach Cyclone with a Gerstlauer train!"

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby GMAN962 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:39 pm

BOX.

Boxes are a lot of fun, when you get a big one...

Blue flash looks really interesting, though.

-Mike
TheBannedKid [9:19pm]: I hope you don't think I'm obsessed with you Chuck. You are just a really cool guy!

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby CGM » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:37 pm

I once made a home made coaster when I was about 12. Nothing special, just a 9 foot ramp propped up on some bricks that lead into a brake.

It was basically two long pieces of rectangular wood nailed together in a track-looking way and a modified skateboard with some skids on it to keep it locked in the track. The brake was just two pieces of wood nailed into a wedge shape and then nailed into the ground with tent pegs. It all worked pretty well and smoothly apart from the brake which worked a bit too well usually resulting in me flying off the end.

I'll have to dig it out of the shed and give it another run some time. Maybe even add to it!

I did have some photos but unfortunately I can't find them now

Postby Reon » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:36 pm

I'm going to start working on Project wildcat again, but I have a few questions first off:

1)How do those first gen boomerang lifts work? I'm thinking of doing something like that for the back spike.

2) Can I safely include fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo hill in the ride using only top wheels, and a bigger wheel on the underside, grasping to the two main rails?

As for the layout, it depends on question 2. I plan on making the basis of it two verticle spikes, with some trick track in the middle. Depending on how gravity works, I might make the trick track into a curving hill, resulting in a S shaped layout. Also, I'd like to make the front spike past-verticle, but I dont think thats possible unless I modify the carriage with a set of undertrack wheels.

As for the actual track, I'm thinking use 2x4s and such for the base of the track, then cover it with a few layers of plywood to smooth things out. The verticle spikes will come out by linking the track pieces up at a constant rate of 18 degrees per increment. (It should take 5 segments to get it smoothly from horizontal to verticle.)

Baby I'm Ready To Gooooooooo

Postby thrillrideseeker » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:02 pm

Reon wrote:I'm thinking of making some sort of skycoaster. All I need is some conviently placed sturdy trees, and some strong cable. Then just rig it correctly.

BAD IDEA. I tried that and the cables broke with me about 25ft off the ground. So needless to say I fell about 25ft and hit the ground. OMG It hurt so bad. But yeah... Bad Idea.
~Matthew
~Matt & Matt~

Sir Haunts-a-lot

Postby Vffreak07 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:51 pm

But. . . you probably got your daily dose of airtime in for the day!

I want pics of Wildcat!!!

Postby Reon » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:59 pm

I'd love to show you, but sadly I wont be home again till May>.> First I need some answers to the questions before I can start construction.

Banned

Postby riccoaster » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:17 pm

I'm thinking of doing A backyard coaster too not that high like 10 or 15 feet but this might take 3 to 7 years on the count of school and money whies. And I made a NL rec of what it might look like to give you an idea of what I'm going to build. please if any one could give me an idea where to get supplies for this I would like to know PM me or tell me on this thread. ps. I probably wont make a lift i'll just push it up the hill and get on it.
mybackyardcoaster1-0704101733430075556.bmp
Here is the NL picture

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!